300TDi Full Bhuna Performance upgrade from Fourby UK and Alisport

Wink 300TDi Full Bhuna Performance upgrade from Fourby UK and Alisport

I frequently see people asking about boost pins and boost rings etc for the 300 TDi engines. Our 1996 Discovery is 3 ton now with all of the gear we put on her, so performance was needing a boost. I took the opportunity to create a video of some of the install and also some footage of what its like 3 months later. We are chasing 1000 subscribers on our youtube channel and its extremely hard work getting there. If you wish to support us and help us on our journey then please consider hitting the subscribe button as we have loads more videos to come.

Default Re: 300TDi Full Bhuna Performance upgrade from Fourby UK and Alisport

I call BS on every statement you make

3 tons ?
    the licenced gvm is 2700 kg's
    with the yearly "MOT" in the UK you wouldnt pass

your egt monitor shows 80 deg at idle - rubbish as diesel will only explode at 150 deg so either the probe is up your rear end or I suspect an absolute rubbish setup

your video shows 1600 rpm running at a prolonged 600 plus egt ?
    If you want to destroy any diesel motor do that to it

Please peddle your horrific wares elsewhere
    Like maybe Venezuela or some other rubbish country

From an extremely loyal and experienced owner of a 300 tdi disco 1

I didnt see a way of putting this comment in your youtube video so as to stop anybody from watching it

I dare you to respond to this post with facts

People like you should be banned from life , but for now a ban from Landies will do

My wife says I lack tact. I think you do too.
    '07 Land Rover Defender 110 TDI 300 Kalahari (Meisiekind˛)
    '84 Land Rover Defender 110 V8 4-speed Hardtop (Meisiekind) Sold after 12 years of fun and hard work.
    The only thing needed for evil to triumph is for a good man to do nothing.

wow I thought I was quite direct, we have a new forum leader
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    wow I thought I was quite direct, we have a new forum leader
    Nope.
    You can do in one line what he needed a full page for.

That all said, I fail to see the point in boost rings and pins when the standard pump can supply more than enough fuel. Also the stock pin can be rotated to find the correct profile whereas the aftermarket pin is a one size fits all solution. So you're either leaving potential on the table, or exceeeding safe limits. To me it's a downgrade.
    Rob
    Defender 90 pickup. Lexus V8, Spitronics, 33" KL71, beadlocks, +2" Terrafirma, ATB's, 3.75 CW&P, 1.21 TC.
    Series IIA 88" pickup
    Disco 2 ES TD5
    Disco 1 ES 300TDi
    Subaru impreza WRX
    Porsche Boxster S
    Shamrock Cobra 350
    Buell XB12R

If you want power out of a 300TDi, you install a VNT, a local intercooler, and a Madman EMS. Then tweak the fuel pump until it sweats.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by RossJ View Post
    I call BS on every statement you make

3 tons ?
    the licenced gvm is 2700 kg's
    with the yearly "MOT" in the UK you wouldnt pass

your egt monitor shows 80 deg at idle - rubbish as diesel will only explode at 150 deg so either the probe is up your rear end or I suspect an absolute rubbish setup

your video shows 1600 rpm running at a prolonged 600 plus egt ?
    If you want to destroy any diesel motor do that to it

Please peddle your horrific wares elsewhere
    Like maybe Venezuela or some other rubbish country

From an extremely loyal and experienced owner of a 300 tdi disco 1

I didnt see a way of putting this comment in your youtube video so as to stop anybody from watching it

I dare you to respond to this post with facts

People like you should be banned from life , but for now a ban from Landies will do
    You sound like a very angry man. What a strange response to a video.

What wares do you think I am peddling? I do not sell any parts for any vehicle. I put the link to where I bought it from because that would be a question people would ask, thats fairly straight forward.

My vehicle is 3100KG actually however I do not need an MOT. My vehicle is MOT exempt. If I was pulled onto a weighbridge there would potentially be an issue as you are correct, the vehicle should be 2750KG max. However I take that chance and its never been a problem. Strangely enough on the plate on my Disco where the rating should be stamped, mine has no limit stamped there. It is blank.

If I did have to get an MOT, which I don't, then I would remove some items to bring the weight back under and then put them back on after passing the MOT. Its common practice so dont be so naive.

Last I could see you are not a moderator on this forum, and going by your poor attitude and aggressive tone, its not a surprise.

While I am here, could you send us some links where you have spent any time creating anything that might be interesting to share with others.

9. The Following User Says Thank You to TireeTerror For This Useful Post: