Bakkie Load Bin Rack - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Bakkie Load Bin Rack

Some of the Openserve (Telkom) vehicles has a whole workbench complete with chair in the back. Maybe it is one of them. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tapatalk_1568722873626.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	70.6 KB 
ID:	541170Click image for larger version. 

Name:	tapatalk_1568722865490.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	53.0 KB 
ID:	541171
    Last edited by Daniek; 2019/09/17 at 02:22 PM.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Daniek For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Bakkie Load Bin Rack

Quote Originally Posted by niclemaitre View Post
    Aren't you guys worried about cracking the load bin? It seems these days that the sides are not really loadbearing. All the canopies are mounted onto brackets that extend downwards to the floor of the bak, to avoid loading the sides.I'm also not sure about the load bearing capabilities of the hooks, since they are designed for upwards and inwards forces, not the downwards and outwards forces the OP's rack will be putting on them.
    Niclemaitre. We have gone as far as getting the rack Ford approved and on of the requirements is to add stays to front wall of the load bin. This ensures that the bin does not open and close once loaded.Also our system lies on top of the bin and attaches to the cargo hooks just like the canopies. Loading upward or down wards is irrelevant . The rack itself then acts as a load member preventing the bin from opening and closing.I have personally loaded my rack over 400KG on dirt road, no problem.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Vonk For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3