• No

13 28.89%
  • Not a Member

15 33.33%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Discovery 2019

Default Re: Discovery 2019

Quote Originally Posted by lekhubu943 View Post
    My mom is also on exactly the same plan. Edit: cancel that, just worked out her increase 49% I also pay her contributions.

I suggest you contact member Stranger to assist or clarify this for you. He is a broker who deals (and understands Discovery)
    Thanks, did give Stranger a call and had a good chat. Through the conversation I realized that the late joiner fee is incorrect as on her certificate is says she was without med aid for 25 year and therefore a 75% penalty on top of premium.

We found some evidence that it was only 7 year without med aid- si as per Strangers advice I can submit the documents and ask them to change it. So the late joiner penalty should come down to 20%

I have been over pay on the penalty for 5 years- I seriously doubt they will back pay the adjustment
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

Quote Originally Posted by duncang View Post
    Is that State Hospitals only ?
    Mom is on Key care plus which includes chronic medicine.

the reshuffle on key care plans does offer a cheaper option called key care start that requires one to get chronic meds from state only.

apparently lots of pensioner are on key care hence the shuffle.
    Last edited by Karol; 2018/11/18 at 07:29 PM.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Karol For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Karol View Post
    Thanks, did give Stranger a call and had a good chat. Through the conversation I realized that the late joiner fee is incorrect as on her certificate is says she was without med aid for 25 year and therefore a 75% penalty on top of premium.

We found some evidence that it was only 7 year without med aid- si as per Strangers advice I can submit the documents and ask them to change it. So the late joiner penalty should come down to 20%

I have been over pay on the penalty for 5 years- I seriously doubt they will back pay the adjustment
    Mom turns out to be excellent filler- found old Vaal med med aid card ( with join date in 198 and final payslip indicating last time on med aid with work (2007)
    sent through with declaration to Discovery and late joiner penalty reduced from 75% to 25%

so effectively I will pay the same like I did with the higher penalty from January with all these Keycare reshuffles.

Special thanks to Stranger on the forum, who advice achieve these result.

Quote Originally Posted by Karol View Post
    Mom turns out to be excellent filler- found old Vaal med med aid card ( with join date in 198 and final payslip indicating last time on med aid with work (2007)
    sent through with declaration to Discovery and late joiner penalty reduced from 75% to 25%

so effectively I will pay the same like I did with the higher penalty from January with all these Keycare reshuffles.

Special thanks to Stranger on the forum, who advice achieve these result.
    PLEASE submit an ex-gratia application to re-fund the incorrect contributions. Obviously no guarantees, but hey, you got nothing to loose.

A Little bird tells me the Keycare options were rejected by CMS and Disco has to re-engineer.....we wait in anticipation........

Regards

Jacques

Dscovery hospital plan only. Pay some R3000 for two. Cannot remember the exact figure. SWAMBO's op of over R100 k cost her couple hundred, which included some special socks she had to use few days. The first doctors visit she had to pay plus about R1500 for day clinic special examination before the op. After op two cheap lab tests. Private room in the hospital and two top class surgeons. Discovery just handled all very well.

All of those costs she paid are saved in couple months compared to full medical aid.

We are happy. The trick was to read the plan rules

I am sure there are other medical aids doing the same. Just READ the rules.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4