Landcruiser V8 DC as a daily drive? - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Landcruiser V8 DC as a daily drive?

D/C Cruiser as daily drive? As long as you never ever ever wear a suit or tie when driving it, because that's just wrong.

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to sparewheel For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by grips View Post
    I have research the 50ppm thing Take a good look at the Voetspore Cruisers. They run on what ever diesel is available. When I bought the 76 I phoned Toyota and were put in touch with their tech department. The only thing that keep you away from using 500ppm is the Cats.

If you have a proper prefilter and water trap fitted with Cats removed you can do 500ppm.
    Good to know! I wonder how the commonrail will handle the high sulphur content over time though? I would not like to fiddle with the CAT or any other component on an expensive vehicle, upsetting a multitude of sensors and electronics in the process. Especially not since this will void it's warranty. To each his own.

Quote Originally Posted by Kambro View Post
    Good to know! I wonder how the commonrail will handle the high sulphur content over time though? I would not like to fiddle with the CAT or any other component on an expensive vehicle, upsetting a multitude of sensors and electronics in the process. Especially not since this will void it's warranty. To each his own.
    No cat or dpf sensors on the SA version
    2014 Land Cruiser 76 V8 SW
    1994 Defender TDi 200
    -----------------------------
    Drive it like you stole it!!
    -----------------------------

A pre filter and water trap are there for dirt and water, they will never have an effect on sulphur ppm levels.
    Clean 3000ppm is clean, it just has elevated sulphur levels.
    High sulphur levels can result in higher acid levels in oils which can cause corrosive issues hence the reason for 5000km oil changes in the old days.
    If there are no cats or dpf then with appropriatly reduced oil change intervals you can run on any level ppm available
    Range Rover Sport 5.0 SC
    Lotus 7 replica racecar.
    Ex R5 Touareg with air and RDL

90% town driving. I would never buy any V8 as a daily for town. I would have real town car and 2nd for special use. Buying clever total value is less than one monster. I am lazy and I like comfort. These big vehicles are pain in a back in town.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car

Quote Originally Posted by Jouko View Post
    These big vehicles are pain in a back in town.
    I respectfully dissagree.

I find Iím extremely relaxed when in the patrol in town, to the point that I drive so slowly it pees off people around me.
    Ok, parking is a joke. I literally laugh to myself when trying to squeeze the big girl into a parking, but it never irritates me.

the patrol has a huge calming effect on me.

Im a very irritable person in the i10 or golf, and unfortunately in them most of the time.
    2004 Nissan Patrol 4.8

Quote Originally Posted by Graham View Post
    I respectfully dissagree.

I find Iím extremely relaxed when in the patrol in town, to the point that I drive so slowly it pees off people around me.
    Ok, parking is a joke. I literally laugh to myself when trying to squeeze the big girl into a parking, but it never irritates me.

the patrol has a huge calming effect on me.

Im a very irritable person in the i10 or golf, and unfortunately in them most of the time.
    Be free to disagree. I have had big cars and I have had small cars. And one "medium". I see very upset/irritated big car drivers when I am faster with my Smart. Then I always find a parking spot.
    Jouko
    ----------
    2003 Grand Cherokee 4.7l
    2012 Smart
    Never drive a normal car

Quote Originally Posted by Edgy View Post
    I have always driven an Isuzu DC as my company vehicle and have been happy over the years. I do a fair bit of farm visits and off road excursions as part of my daily work but 90% of my driving is around town. The main reason for my thinking is that I do a bit of deep sea fishing and often really battle beach launching/retrieving when the sand is soft!
    Would the cruiser DC V8 be a terrible daily commute and even the bi- annual drive to Durbs or Cape Town? I do realize fuel consumption will increase but more concerned with the practicality of town driving/comfort etc
    Go watch this. Had roughly the same question recently. The made up my mind

https://youtu.be/RIt5D6hjm7c

It must be very popular as a daily drive.

The other day I passed by Pretoria on the N4 then N1. It is the most beige V8 Cruisers with non standard tyres and Beestralies I have seen on one day.
    Kobus

HDJ81 VX

11. The Following User Says Thank You to KobusDJ For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3