buying a after market policy privately




Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    heidelberg g
    Age
    43
    Posts
    453
    Thanked: 10

    Default buying a after market policy privately

    so, can this be done?
    how is it done.

    looking at buying another vehicle cash.
    but considering a after market policy.....something like, motor rite "just example"
    so that I have the two years cover on engine etc.

    so, can it be done if a private deal was done?
    would think that one needs to take it for a check etc, before such policy would be issued.
    who do I need to contact etc.

    your advise will be greatly appreciated.

    ek wag in spanning
    dankie

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    heidelberg g
    Age
    43
    Posts
    453
    Thanked: 10

    Default Re: buying a after market policy privately

    en...wie sou julle aan beveel vir so n versekering?

    ek kan nie dink, dat net die handelaars sulke versekering kan verkoop nie.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Windy City
    Age
    47
    Posts
    15,225
    Thanked: 2460

    Default Re: buying a after market policy privately

    Motormend product from Innovations Group.
    You have to phone them, no email to get a quote.
    0861-21-0007

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    47
    Posts
    11,332
    Thanked: 71

    Default Re: buying a after market policy privately

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Motormend product from Innovations Group.
    You have to phone them, no email to get a quote.
    0861-21-0007
    Yeah, right

    If anything from Innovations' After Sales service is as bad as their presales, stay far away. I've been battling to get answers on some queries from them for several days. Product looks good. Service? Meh.....
    2015 Pajero Sport
    Previous - 1996 3.5v6 Pajero (For Sale), 2006 2.8 Colt Clubcab


    Carpe Diem Scrotum
    Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    34
    Posts
    9,425
    Thanked: 97

    Default Re: buying a after market policy privately

    Just got Innovation policy through a Land Rover dealership. 45 pages you need to sign! Yes, 45 pages!!
    And need to take car for a multi point inspection (because Im in different town than this specific dealer)

    Expensive, terrible inefficient application process, but best cover by far and never had issues claiming.
    Range Rover Big Body 5.0 V8 Supercharged
    Land Rover Defender 110 CSW Puma
    Land Rover Defender 100 PU V8
    Jaguar XF V6
    Jaguar XJS V12

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Windy City
    Age
    47
    Posts
    15,225
    Thanked: 2460

    Default Re: buying a after market policy privately

    Quote Originally Posted by SimonB View Post
    Yeah, right

    If anything from Innovations' After Sales service is as bad as their presales, stay far away. I've been battling to get answers on some queries from them for several days. Product looks good. Service? Meh.....
    Disagree here. (Strongly)

    I had brilliant service from them with the D3. (And it being a D3 they were put through their paces properly.)

    Not a single claim denied during the 4 year period I had it. Twice the claim took 2 days longer, but due to the appointment of assessors nor did I ever have to fight for a claim.

    I already received a quote for the Wrangler and will be going ahead with it.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Cape Town or Jansenville or missing...
    Age
    37
    Posts
    10,039
    Thanked: 2658

    Default Re: buying a after market policy privately

    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post
    Disagree here. (Strongly)

    I had brilliant service from them with the D3. (And it being a D3 they were put through their paces properly.)

    Not a single claim denied during the 4 year period I had it. Twice the claim took 2 days longer, but due to the appointment of assessors nor did I ever have to fight for a claim.

    I already received a quote for the Wrangler and will be going ahead with it.
    Your Jeep doesn't need a warranty
    Daily drive: 2017 VW cross up!
    Weekend fun: 2015 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

    Do not mistake my mantra for a crusade.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    The Windy City
    Age
    47
    Posts
    15,225
    Thanked: 2460

    Default Re: buying a after market policy privately

    They have two products, SuperDrive and MotorMend, SuperDrive is only available from dealerships, and typically you pay upfront for two years of cover, MotorMend you get directly from them and it is a monthly policy, we had this on the KIA.

    Both products works on a sliding scale for cover based on the age of the vehicle and KMs on the clock. Same price, but cover reduces.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    George
    Posts
    1,529
    Thanked: 443

    Default Re: buying a after market policy privately

    Quote Originally Posted by bvandyk View Post
    Just got Innovation policy through a Land Rover dealership. 45 pages you need to sign! Yes, 45 pages!!
    And need to take car for a multi point inspection (because Im in different town than this specific dealer)

    Expensive, terrible inefficient application process, but best cover by far and never had issues claiming.
    You had to initial each and every page x 45?

    Probably had so many come backs they now want the agreement absolutely watertight when it comes to the terms.

    From what I have heard these aftermarket policies are fine as long as you understand what is covered and abide by the rules in terms of maintainance of the vehicle.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    heidelberg g
    Age
    43
    Posts
    453
    Thanked: 10

    Default Re: buying a after market policy privately

    ok, baie dankie vir die terug voering.

    wat beloop die kostes vir die dekking wanneer n privaat koop gedoen word.

    gaan dit oor voertuig se aankoop waarde ook?

    het solank al na die web gekyk, maar kostes steeds onbekend

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •