Never to be repeated special on CTEK Battery Sense Monitors - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Never to be repeated special on CTEK Battery Sense Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Somewhat off topic, but why do I want to sit in the bush and watch my voltage? Similar with the Victron bluetooth unit where I can use the voltage screen for personal satisfaction at a price. [email protected] on my phone can be handy, but I can't see any reason why I'd want to share my voltage, via bluetooth, with friends around the fire. My concept of camping is to switch off my phone. (or am I missing something here?)
    Fit it to Swambo's car and prevent having to rush out to get the Mom's Taxi going again, when the lights were left on and some days/weeks later the rig refuses to start.........................

I have many satisfied cuzzies who use it for monitoring those cars they don't drive themselves on a daily basis. Saves a lot of headaches, arguments and having to sleep on the doormat.................
    George Bosch
    2003 RangeRover Vogue 3.0 Td6 (Mine) / 2005 LR Disco3 TDV6 S (Swambo's) / 1998 Disco1 Tdi ES (Sold) / And some more serious stuff

Distributor for:
    DEFAProjectaSignature.png

Special offers for 4X4community forum members on CTEK! Send PM with your email address for details

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hgbosch For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Never to be repeated special on CTEK Battery Sense Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Somewhat off topic, but why do I want to sit in the bush and watch my voltage? Similar with the Victron bluetooth unit where I can use the voltage screen for personal satisfaction at a price. [email protected] on my phone can be handy, but I can't see any reason why I'd want to share my voltage, via bluetooth, with friends around the fire. My concept of camping is to switch off my phone. (or am I missing something here?)
    I see your point to a certain degree, but for me, I have another older phone "dedicated to the vehicle" if you will. On there I have apps such as T4A, maps.me, CTEK Battery Sense and some OBDII apps, the phone has no SIM card and stays in the vehicle permanently. As others mentioned though, the graphs arent that accurate and truth be told I thought my crank battery (I have one on crank and one on aux battery) was about to give in while on our last trip to Kruger a few weeks ago, only for the battery to somehow revive itself by the next morning. The important bit was that the Voltage was still healthy. Then on the last night on our way home we stayed at Richmond and I received a warning that my aux battery was low, which I thought was strange, stupid me had left the thermo cooler on and this was draining the battery at a rates of knots (we normally use the cooler between the seats for cold drinks while on the road).
    Ross

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2