Never to be repeated special on CTEK Battery Sense Monitors - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Never to be repeated special on CTEK Battery Sense Monitors

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Somewhat off topic, but why do I want to sit in the bush and watch my voltage? Similar with the Victron bluetooth unit where I can use the voltage screen for personal satisfaction at a price. [email protected] on my phone can be handy, but I can't see any reason why I'd want to share my voltage, via bluetooth, with friends around the fire. My concept of camping is to switch off my phone. (or am I missing something here?)
    Fit it to Swambo's car and prevent having to rush out to get the Mom's Taxi going again, when the lights were left on and some days/weeks later the rig refuses to start.........................

I have many satisfied cuzzies who use it for monitoring those cars they don't drive themselves on a daily basis. Saves a lot of headaches, arguments and having to sleep on the doormat.................
    George Bosch
    2003 RangeRover Vogue 3.0 Td6 (Mine) / 2005 LR Disco3 TDV6 S (Swambo's) / 1998 Disco1 Tdi ES (Sold) / And some more serious stuff

Distributor for:
    DEFAProjectaSignature.png

Special offers for 4X4community forum members on CTEK! Send PM with your email address for details

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hgbosch For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    Somewhat off topic, but why do I want to sit in the bush and watch my voltage? Similar with the Victron bluetooth unit where I can use the voltage screen for personal satisfaction at a price. [email protected] on my phone can be handy, but I can't see any reason why I'd want to share my voltage, via bluetooth, with friends around the fire. My concept of camping is to switch off my phone. (or am I missing something here?)
    I see your point to a certain degree, but for me, I have another older phone "dedicated to the vehicle" if you will. On there I have apps such as T4A, maps.me, CTEK Battery Sense and some OBDII apps, the phone has no SIM card and stays in the vehicle permanently. As others mentioned though, the graphs arent that accurate and truth be told I thought my crank battery (I have one on crank and one on aux battery) was about to give in while on our last trip to Kruger a few weeks ago, only for the battery to somehow revive itself by the next morning. The important bit was that the Voltage was still healthy. Then on the last night on our way home we stayed at Richmond and I received a warning that my aux battery was low, which I thought was strange, stupid me had left the thermo cooler on and this was draining the battery at a rates of knots (we normally use the cooler between the seats for cold drinks while on the road).
    Ross

Any idea how to transfer the bindings of the monitors to a new phone?
    I cannot lay my hands on the boxes with the numbers, and certainly not in the mood to untangle the whole lot of cables on the battery terminals to disconnect/reconnect.
    Surely the app on the old phone knows the numbers, but I don't see a way to export them. Or even just display them.
    Make it happen!

2018 Mobi Lodge

So I managed to find one of the old boxes with a number.
    Tried to register it on the app on my new phone (Android 9); double-checked the code.
    Let's me fill in all the relevant details, but just does not seem the register the final button press to do the registration of the device.
    So the monitor devices are basically dead to me on the new phone.

George, any ideas?
    Make it happen!

2018 Mobi Lodge

I think one only has to loosen the red/positive nut slightly, remove the CTEK lead and put it back for the “search” function to correctly identify the monitor. But I also took a snaphot of the number on the back of the device and stored it in “Notes” together with description of which battery is involved. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Toccata (Roelof) View Post
    So I managed to find one of the old boxes with a number.
    Tried to register it on the app on my new phone (Android 9); double-checked the code.
    Let's me fill in all the relevant details, but just does not seem the register the final button press to do the registration of the device.
    So the monitor devices are basically dead to me on the new phone.

George, any ideas?
    Hi Roelof

I am using the Samsung Note9 with the latest V9.0 Android OS.

When installing the Battery Sense monitors on a new phone, especially if you have more than 2 units, then do so at a location, where there are no other Bluetooth clients active, paired or not.

I have currently 5 such units running, shown in the pic plus a 5th one on my 2001 SLK 32 AMG. They all are working flawlessly.

When entering the code, start with the alphabetical letter such as V25W6003215 (one of mine). Ignore the 5 numeric digits at the beginning.

Good luck!

kind regards from Germany

George
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by hgbosch; 2019/04/05 at 01:07 AM.
    George Bosch
    2003 RangeRover Vogue 3.0 Td6 (Mine) / 2005 LR Disco3 TDV6 S (Swambo's) / 1998 Disco1 Tdi ES (Sold) / And some more serious stuff

Distributor for:

Special offers for 4X4community forum members on CTEK! Send PM with your email address for details

Thanks George,
    One phone reboot later en no Bluetooth clients away, it went through.
    Made the key part of the battery name.
    It would still be nice if they could expose the codes in the app somewhere.
    Fortunately managed to find an old screen shot with the other number, so all connected.
    Time will tell if it works better with the new phone.
    Make it happen!

2018 Mobi Lodge

Quote Originally Posted by Toccata (Roelof) View Post
    Thanks George,
    One phone reboot later en no Bluetooth clients away, it went through.
    Made the key part of the battery name.
    It would still be nice if they could expose the codes in the app somewhere.
    Fortunately managed to find an old screen shot with the other number, so all connected.
    Time will tell if it works better with the new phone.
    Hi Roelof

great you came right
    George Bosch

Distributor for:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2