Never to be repeated special on CTEK Battery Sense Monitors

Default Never to be repeated special on CTEK Battery Sense Monitors

Hi All

I am currently running a never to be repeated special on the CTEK battery sense monitor at the unbelievably low price of R 649.99 incl. VAT.

Normal Retail price on these is R1500.00 to 1650.00.

Stock is limited so it is purely and simply on a first come first served basis.

I use them myself on the Landies and my classic cars.

No more fumbling with battery testers etc. Just read out the status on your Android/I-Phone.

Could not be simpler than that.

Below a picture of the battery monitoring of Swambo's D3 which is used for less than 15km/day. From that it is evident, why this is such a useful piece of equipment. The steep rises to 100% is when I hooked it up to the charger.

And here is the link to the product.

https://www.ctek.com/products/vehicle/ctx-battery-sense
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by hgbosch; 2018/09/11 at 09:45 AM.
    George Bosch
    2003 RangeRover Vogue 3.0 Td6 (Mine) / 2005 LR Disco3 TDV6 S (Swambo's) / 1998 Disco1 Tdi ES (Sold) / And some more serious stuff

Distributor for:
    DEFAProjectaSignature.png

Special offers for 4X4community forum members on CTEK! Send PM with your email address for details

2. The Following User Says Thank You to hgbosch For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Never to be repeated special on CTEK Battery Sense Monitors

And here is why this unit is such a brilliant piece of equipment.

Swambo's D3 suffered alternator failure on 26 August this year in Skukuza. On 24th there was an early warning indication on the readout (red arrow), before the unit gave in 2 days later.

This allowed me to source an alternator in time. So fitment took 1 hour only. (I have the special fan spanner )
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    George Bosch
    2003 RangeRover Vogue 3.0 Td6 (Mine) / 2005 LR Disco3 TDV6 S (Swambo's) / 1998 Disco1 Tdi ES (Sold) / And some more serious stuff

Distributor for:

Special offers for 4X4community forum members on CTEK! Send PM with your email address for details

4. The Following User Says Thank You to hgbosch For This Useful Post:

PM sent the 13th

Can this be monitored by a fixed display, and not some app on your phone? Phones are already used for many other app, and it is becoming a Jack of all trades, master of none. Much easier to monitor something which ibly shows one parameter

George, forgive me, but I have to disagree about this unit.
    I have a lot of frustrations with my 2 units, I suspect after some app update. The reviews on the Android app store are mostly not positive, and mostly not responded to by CTEK either.

And yes, I did discuss it with a local CTEK representative (not you).

Why the low price? Are they being discontinued?

I love my other CTEK products: D250S and SA, and 220v charger. But not the monitor.
    Make it happen!

2018 Mobi Lodge

I have to agree.

R650 for a voltmeter that can predict alternator failure two days in advance is almost as exciting as whirlybirds in the intake that improve performance and fuel consumption, miracle plastic oil in the transmission and diffs, and two stroke oil in the fuel that protects and prevents the engine from aging and even fixes it without even doing anything.

I am dying to see how that spike in the battery voltage was diagnosed as an imminent alternator failure.

I am even more dying to see how that alternator miraculously fixed itself after the spike until it was replaced.
    Cheers

ZS5KAD Yeasu Ft-897D
    3 V8's
    A V6 and an inline 4
    The nice thing about going the extra mile - the road is never congested.

9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fluffy For This Useful Post:

I also have two, the one on my starter battery and one on the Aux batteries. I don’t trust the graphs at all, it’s all over the place and the starter battery is a brand new battery in a brand new bakkie. The volt and temp reading is a nice to have, but I wouldn’t buy this again.

Just remember to buy 4 and fit them at the same time
    And your cars battery will last forever

Just don't forget to pick up the new extra battery that drops out the bottom of your bonnet every 9 months
    Hehehehehe

I generally love C-tek's products

But some of the things advertised here seems a bit outrageous for the sensor on its own

I do believe it can pick up issues with the battery

But not nearly as much as the listed info makes it sound
    2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT
    Forester nutter here so watch out

Please remember that I think I'm funny
    (most people don't agree)
    thus take 90% of what I post with 2 pinches of salt

Quote Originally Posted by Toccata (Roelof) View Post
    George, forgive me, but I have to disagree about this unit.
    I have a lot of frustrations with my 2 units, I suspect after some app update. The reviews on the Android app store are mostly not positive, and mostly not responded to by CTEK either.

And yes, I did discuss it with a local CTEK representative (not you).

Why the low price? Are they being discontinued?

I love my other CTEK products: D250S and SA, and 220v charger. But not the monitor.
    Hi Roelof

I have been able to secure a substantial number of these units at a highly competitive price. And I am passing the savings on to my customers.

Regarding your comments, I use them (5 units here in SA with my Samsung S7 Edge) and the units are accurate enough for me (I cross referenced it with my Midtronics tester and the values shown on the CTEK units are in sync).

Send me details on what phone you use, what Firmware level, i.e. Android 6, 7, 8? Then I can investigate for you. Most probably a phone or phone firmware issue.

There will always be different views on any product. I read the reviews in the Android App store. Most of the negative ones relate to non-activation of the options offered by the app. That is why I always treat such "reviews" with a pinch of salt. The current App version 2.3.4 works very well!

The fact that I still distribute CTEK is due to their product quality and unrivalled warranty policy and no-nonsense attitude.

Some forumites here have been helped by me with their warranty issues, despite the fact that they didn't purchase from us.

Demand is stiff for the product and whoever buys it gets a really special deal. Just check on the online shops what the normal price is and you will concur.
    Last edited by hgbosch; Yesterday at 10:56 PM.
    George Bosch

Distributor for:

13. The Following User Says Thank You to hgbosch For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Veneficus View Post
    Just remember to buy 4 and fit them at the same time
    And your cars battery will last forever

Just don't forget to pick up the new extra battery that drops out the bottom of your bonnet every 9 months
    Hehehehehe

I generally love C-tek's products

But some of the things advertised here seems a bit outrageous for the sensor on its own

I do believe it can pick up issues with the battery

But not nearly as much as the listed info makes it sound
    The CTEK App notifies me when a battery needs a re-charge message = "recharge now", i.e. when it drops below 50%. That feature alone makes it a winner for me. And the price more than justifies the features offered.

Have you activated all the messaging features in the app?
    Last edited by hgbosch; Yesterday at 10:59 PM.
    George Bosch

Distributor for:

15. The Following User Says Thank You to hgbosch For This Useful Post: