Melville and moon seat worth it?

Default Melville and moon seat worth it?

Hey guys...

After lots of fixes and helping out my in-laws, they have offered to get me melville and moon seat covers for my next couple birthdays...

They will be fitted into my 120 Prado.

Advise please...

1. I heard they can scuff or damage the leather. True?
    2. Are they better than leather? I actually like leather...
    3. What is your experience with them?
    4. Expecting a baby in a week so things can get dirty...

Any other comments would be welcome.

I can't really ask for a cheaper brand so I get the feeling it's m&m or nothing...

What's your thoughts please...
    Cheers.
    Last edited by getoutahere; 2018/09/07 at 08:35 AM.

Default Re: Melville and moon seat worth it?

I went with Melville and Moon, because I liked the image of the product and I believe it is really helping in the car with the kids. I guess I got hit by marketing!

If this is for a few birthdays then you will never have another birthday.

If I was given them I would take them but I would not buy them, way over priced lots of others for less.
    2013 Disco 4 XS Lifted
    Toyota Yaris, Swambo's shopping basket
    Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2006 the worsies car for the beach(what a car!! )

Hi
    I've had a few types of seat covers including the Melville and Moon. To answer your questions- The M&M didn't damage the leather but I actually found them a tad uncomfortable and they lost their lustre fairly quickly. They helped stacks with kiddies because carseats are hell on your cars seats.
    I personally preferred the Takla Cantech. They were thinner, so seemed more pliable, they cleaned the kiddie spills better than the M&M and they looked great after a few washes.
    Hope this helps
    Mark

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nanferen For This Useful Post:

My Jeep is a 2010 model and when I bought it in 2012 It came with the M&M covers. I recently removed them because the were vrot and falling apart.

The original seat upholstery still looks brand spanking new with no visible scuffing, so they definitely did their job. I cant afford new ones its way too expensive for me to justify.
    I can imagine them scuffing leather though. But cant say for sure.
    JK 3.8L 2010 Rubicon Manual 2 door

I installed Mellville and Moon covers last year when I got my new vehicle as I have 2yr old twins...Suffice to say they work exceptionally well and the seats underneath look 100%. As previously mentioned carseats are hell on your seat material, be it leather or not. The m&m covers are a tad pricey, but then again I feel its the best quality. My 2c.

I've got a set fitted in SWAMBO's Disco and also in my Defender. As the Defender is a working as well as a play/daily drive vehicle, the seat covers get "klapped" with anything from my 11 year old daughter's spilled chocolate milk to a hydraulic pipe being chucked onto it in the haste to get it fixed.

After a couple of washes they do lose their luster, also their "water-proof" ability. I just attack them with an aerosol can of Scotch Guard every so often. They handle wear and tear well. I have not found that they scuff the leather (Disco) or the vinyl (Defender). The only problem that I have experienced is that the material is quite hard/inflexible. It formed a "fold" on the Defender's driver seat and even after washing it returns to that same shape/fold. This is starting to damage the original vinyl - but it is after 5 years of hard, daily use.
    ENJOY!!!
    Ettienne

196? S2B FC "Over Lander" Camper
    1975 Land Rover Air-Portable Lightweight
    1980 Range Rover
    2002 Defender Td5 D/C
    2004 Disco Td5

Thanks very much for the input chaps..

Think I just enjoy leather too much. After long and hard discussions with myself, forums and reviews, I think I'm going to try convince my mother in law that a roofrack would be money better spent much better for all of us wish me luck

Good luck and enjoy the Bambino
    Fiddler

I fitted a set in my Disco1 as the original leather seats were pretty worn. I went for M&M as the quality looked better to me than some of the thinner canvas types, and it looks great on the seats.

My only gripe is that my rear seat backs will no longer fold flat as the strapping from the covers prevent it.

Have not yet washed them as it does not get much traffic. 0

Thanks so much for the comments..

Had M& M on my ex Pajero. Had to repair it after seven years of service. The seats of the Pajero was brand new, when I sold it at almost nine years. Currently have them on Swambo's Pajero and after seven years they are still going strong!

But, I have escape gear on my two Isuzu bakkies. They fit way better over the seats and stay longer intact before you have to strap them down again. They should at least last as long as M&M - and they are cheaper.

Next time I will choose Escape gear.

Bostoe