Mabuasehube info needed, PLEASE!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Red face Re: Mabuasehube info needed, PLEASE!!

Quote Originally Posted by Stranger View Post
    Hmm, not really, that could be an interesting trip and could be some fun logistics.

If they were my bookings.

Go into Bots via Bray - Werda and then take the cut line to Mabua east gate.

I would NOT take the sand rd to KTP, but would rather come out and head to Tsabong and take the tar rd (in Bots) to Two Rivers/ Twee Rivieren.

I would do the reverse back to Mabua. This then gives you lots of options for fuel and provisions in Tsabong and considerable less worry than a Nossob/Mabua run over the dunes overloaded with food fuel and water .... and a trailer.

Choice of cut line or Tsabong to come out of Mabua, choice of Bray or Mc Carthy's for exit.
    We have just completed this trip towing - Mabua to Nossob. Lots of bends and small dunes. Ofcourse a fair amount of corrugations - otherwise not difficult except the constant concentration looking for oncoming vehicles. Fortunately no oncoming vehicles between Matopi and Nossob. This sand track was part of our plan also spending a night at Matopi 1. However, now that we have done this road - next time we will go round using the route Stanager suggests.
    "To look is one thing, to understand what what you see, is something else"

Amarok AUTO 4X4
    Out fitted Offroad Trailer

2. The Following User Says Thank You to XisBo For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Mabuasehube info needed, PLEASE!!

Quote Originally Posted by XisBo View Post
    We have just completed this trip towing - Mabua to Nossob. Lots of bends and small dunes. Ofcourse a fair amount of corrugations - otherwise not difficult except the constant concentration looking for oncoming vehicles. Fortunately no oncoming vehicles between Matopi and Nossob. This sand track was part of our plan also spending a night at Matopi 1. However, now that we have done this road - next time we will go round using the route Stanager suggests.
    Almost had a head-on collision on this road, blind rise etc. Would definitely use a fishing rod and a flag if I had to do it again.

We off to Mabua (Mpaya 2 - 20.09.2018 to 25.09.2018) next week as well. . Cant wait. So after doing the Kokotsha cutline August last year I promised myself that I will never take the cutline again. Was VERY corrugated. But there is something very special about that road for me. And the feeling when you open that gate and park your car on the sand track. Was just wondering if anyone took the Kokotsha cutline in the last few weeks and what the conditions currently are ?? Really hoping for a bit smoother ride this time around.

Bit hit and miss that rd. I find if the wind is blowing across the rd it tends to scour it and expose the corrugations. Deflating tyres helps a lot. I tend to do that at the gate.
    Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

Quote Originally Posted by Neanderthal View Post
    We off to Mabua (Mpaya 2 - 20.09.2018 to 25.09.2018) next week as well. . Cant wait. So after doing the Kokotsha cutline August last year I promised myself that I will never take the cutline again. Was VERY corrugated. But there is something very special about that road for me. And the feeling when you open that gate and park your car on the sand track. Was just wondering if anyone took the Kokotsha cutline in the last few weeks and what the conditions currently are ?? Really hoping for a bit smoother ride this time around.
    Hi Neanderthal,

Please keep me up to date as to the condition of the cutline road when you are back.!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2