Ford Ranger - 4 new tyres

Default Ford Ranger - 4 new tyres

Hi,

I currently have the original Continental Tyre CON 255/70R16 Cross Contact LX, I am due to have all 4 changed.
    What would you suggest, i am using it as an urban vehicle (work and back) but would like to know that if i needed to use it offroad for a holiday or day trip that i could.

Any advise, your opinions?

Default Re: Ford Ranger - 4 new tyres

Not sure if it`s available in that size , I just fitted Michelin LTX Force to the Everest ( 265/60/18 ). They pretty good on tar so far , considering I came from 265/50/20 HT tires. Not been off-road with them yet , but in town they are super quiet and good in the wet. Not that expensive either.

Default Re: Ford Ranger - 4 new tyres

Quote Originally Posted by Gazzap View Post
    Hi,

I currently have the original Continental Tyre CON 255/70R16 Cross Contact LX, I am due to have all 4 changed.
    What would you suggest, i am using it as an urban vehicle (work and back) but would like to know that if i needed to use it offroad for a holiday or day trip that i could.

Any advise, your opinions?
    Assuming you are going to use the same R16 rims, why not go slightly bigger to 265/70/R16. Will only give you about 6mm (12mm diameter) lift, but you speedo will be slightly more accurate. The new Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure (Kevlar) is a great all-rounder at a very good price if you are prepared to shop around. I just paid R7750 for 4 tires, balancing and alignment included @ TWT.
    One of the stupid mistakes in life is to underestimate peoples level of stupidity!