Jimny... not so cheap! - Page 2





Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 35 of 35
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,626
    Thanked: 1211

    Default Re: Jimny... not so cheap!

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnna View Post
    So this is what dropped out when I removed the cover... I think I need the filter
    This is fake/photoshopped
    Last edited by Rebel 4x4; 2018/08/29 at 08:15 AM.
    Sent from my iPhone


  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    46
    Posts
    742
    Thanked: 382

    Default Re: Jimny... not so cheap!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    This is fake/photoshopped
    I wish it were, then I wouldn't need a R700 + filter

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Randfontein
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,629
    Thanked: 1225

    Default Re: Jimny... not so cheap!

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnna View Post
    So this is what dropped out when I removed the cover... I think I need the filter
    Johnna this looks like a nature filter. Air filters through the leaves and grass to give you that in the bush smell
    Willie

    2000 Land Rover Discovery II TD5
    2016 Audi A3 1.8 TFSI SE S-Tronic 3Dr

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FWM For This Useful Post:


  5. #24
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    46
    Posts
    742
    Thanked: 382

    Default Re: Jimny... not so cheap!

    Quote Originally Posted by FWM View Post
    Johnna this looks like a nature filter. Air filters through the leaves and grass to give you that in the bush smell
    And itís reserve tinder, Incase you need to start a fire... hopefully not inside the car

  6. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnna For This Useful Post:


  7. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Hartenbos
    Age
    60
    Posts
    1,767
    Thanked: 313

    Default Re: Jimny... not so cheap!

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnna View Post
    So this is what dropped out when I removed the cover... I think I need the filter


    I suppose this is from routinely parking under a tree. What worries me is not the leaves, but what damage those leave may cause. I do not think the whole air path from the outside vent to the filter slot is all plastic. If there is places where the leaves can get trapped on metal and they start retaining moisture, specially from the aircon evaporator, one may get rust and that area is possibly one of the least accessible ares on the car to do rust treatment.
    Cobus
    2010 Jimny

  8. The Following User Says Thank You to jab2 For This Useful Post:


  9. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Somerset West
    Age
    66
    Posts
    539
    Thanked: 148

    Default Re: Jimny... not so cheap!

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnna View Post
    From what I understand is they didn't come out with them, but there is space for one
    Yep, there is space for one, but you need to be a contortionist to get to it.

    Yep, there is a GUD filter for it.

    On the GUD website, the Suzuki part number is 9586081A10 cross references to AC161

    http://www.gud.co.za/index.php?optio...per&Itemid=108
    Thys de Wet
    Jimny 2009

    Ek het nou klaar gewerk, maar ek weet nie of die bank daarvan gaan hou nie...

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to dewets For This Useful Post:


  11. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,626
    Thanked: 1211

    Default Re: Jimny... not so cheap!

    Quote Originally Posted by dewets View Post
    Yep, there is space for one, but you need to be a contortionist to get to it.

    Yep, there is a GUD filter for it.

    On the GUD website, the Suzuki part number is 9586081A10 cross references to AC161

    http://www.gud.co.za/index.php?optio...per&Itemid=108
    What is the GUD price?
    Sent from my iPhone


  12. #28
    Join Date
    Jul 2015
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    28
    Posts
    176
    Thanked: 57

    Default Re: Jimny... not so cheap!

    Quote Originally Posted by Rebel 4x4 View Post
    What is the GUD price?
    I paid R393.54 for the GUD 161 filter 2 weeks ago at Naskar. Not sure if Midas will be cheaper.

    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 283
Size:  11.3 KB
    Andreas Naudť
    Current Vehicle

    Good Year Wrangler Adventurers 205/75 R15
    Neotrek Little Swift roof rack

  13. The Following User Says Thank You to Andreasjsn For This Useful Post:


  14. #29
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Randfontein
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,629
    Thanked: 1225

    Default Re: Jimny... not so cheap!

    Quote Originally Posted by jab2 View Post


    I suppose this is from routinely parking under a tree. What worries me is not the leaves, but what damage those leave may cause. I do not think the whole air path from the outside vent to the filter slot is all plastic. If there is places where the leaves can get trapped on metal and they start retaining moisture, specially from the aircon evaporator, one may get rust and that area is possibly one of the least accessible ares on the car to do rust treatment.
    I dont really know about a/c systems but would they not have made the metal components out of aluminium which wont rust because condensation happens when you switch the a/c on in any case.
    Willie

    2000 Land Rover Discovery II TD5
    2016 Audi A3 1.8 TFSI SE S-Tronic 3Dr

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to FWM For This Useful Post:


  16. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Port Elizabeth
    Age
    35
    Posts
    5,626
    Thanked: 1211

    Default Re: Jimny... not so cheap!

    Quote Originally Posted by FWM View Post
    I dont really know about a/c systems but would they not have made the metal components out of aluminium which wont rust because condensation happens when you switch the a/c on in any case.
    Correct, the piping is out of aluminium. But the parts are coated and treated as well. Only after many many years rust will occur. But no need to be overly concerned.
    Sent from my iPhone


  17. The Following User Says Thank You to Rebel 4x4 For This Useful Post:

    FWM

  18. #31
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Waverley
    Age
    26
    Posts
    128
    Thanked: 14

    Default Re: Jimny... not so cheap!

    Search Zook Spares on facebook, Pieter will be able to help you for cheaper.


    2010 Suzuki Jimny _Charcoal _Led interior lights _DIY Parcel shelf _DIY Plywood loading board
    _Campmaster loading bars _DIY Awning_DIY Spotlight brackets with LED Lights _Rocksliders_ 50 mm suspension lift with Gabriel Safari HDP Shocks

    _Lots of fun

    On the list:
    _Xenon kit
    _Aux Battery + Dual charging system
    _Undies
    _Replacement bumper

  19. The Following User Says Thank You to HenkSmit For This Useful Post:


  20. #32
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    PE
    Age
    63
    Posts
    148
    Thanked: 1

    Default Re: Jimny... not so cheap!

    Quote Originally Posted by Johnna View Post
    So I called my local Suzuki dealer to get a couple of prices on bits and bob for the Jimny.
    Here is what I was quoted

    1. Little plastic clip that you clip the sun visor into R 198
    2. Pollen filter R761
    3. Roof rails (the ones that come standard on the car) R7695
    4. Plastic spare wheel "cover" / Housing R8490

    And I thought these vehicles were supposed to cheap to buy and run
    PM me for roof rails
    Suzuki Jimny 2010
    ARB Front Bumper
    Drawers with rear with seats removed
    50mm Lift
    Air Suspension

  21. #33
    Join Date
    Sep 2017
    Location
    Port elizabeth
    Age
    44
    Posts
    18
    Thanked: 36

    Default Re: Jimny... not so cheap!

    I have roof rails as well if you donít come right

  22. #34
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Durbanville, Cape Town
    Age
    40
    Posts
    319
    Thanked: 10

    Default Re: Jimny... not so cheap!

    Quote Originally Posted by Andreasjsn View Post
    I paid R393.54 for the GUD 161 filter 2 weeks ago at Naskar. Not sure if Midas will be cheaper.

    Name:  Capture.JPG
Views: 283
Size:  11.3 KB
    Paid R370 from Midas for the filter last weekend.

  23. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nickza For This Useful Post:


  24. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Randfontein
    Age
    33
    Posts
    1,629
    Thanked: 1225

    Default Re: Jimny... not so cheap!

    Quote Originally Posted by FWM View Post
    I just had a look in my Jimny. It doesnt have a tray for the pollen filter anymore. Apparently the older ones did have a tray to have a filter fitted. Im just not sure when they stopped adding it
    Correction. I found it.. sometimes my technical ability lets me down. The tray does not sit behind the glove box like most cars its more towards the centre under the dash.
    Willie

    2000 Land Rover Discovery II TD5
    2016 Audi A3 1.8 TFSI SE S-Tronic 3Dr

  25. The Following User Says Thank You to FWM For This Useful Post:


Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •