X-class: YESS!! Finally!! - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: X-class: YESS!! Finally!!

Quote Originally Posted by Caracal View Post
    MB have denied that its being canned. They are still deciding on its future.
    If they do decide to keep it on the books, it will not be a business decision, but a decision based purely on pride. I mean, worldwide they are selling lower volumes than the Defender used to sell. This will be an interesting space to watch.

Groetnis

Koos

The X class was never intended to be a volume seller, that is backed by MB only designing a double cab variant and no single cab or other utility versions. The market for the X class was the stellenbosch wine farmer who needed to visit his farm for a tasting then go to Polo practice or the KZN midlands farmers wife who sends the kids to a "pvt boarding school"

Its always horses for courses and this is a market which whose affordability is way beyond most mere mortals can dream off...
    Ford Ranger 3.2 Auto 4x4 XLT
    Paj DiD SWB Auto
    E92 335i 430kw at the wheels!
    VW G6 GTi DSG

I have driver the V6 X-Class, and do concur that is it a very nice vehicle to sit in. One little detail I really liked was that the sliding window in the rear can be operated with a switch on the dashboard. Pressed it a bit and it goes, but could only drive it around the block, too short distance to really get a feeling for the power.

At the end of the day, it is marketed as a premium classed vehicle, and the target market is not the Hilux/Ranger drivers.
    Life's a journey..................even longer by foot

2006 Mazda Drifter X 2500 Td D/C (Ossie)
    1993 Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.3 Sportline (VERY plat kar) - Sold

I'm a big MB fan.

That thing is NOT a Mercedes, just a Nissan / Renault with a fancy dress....
    Project: Daihatsu ROCKY 4x4 2.8tdi (money pit)
    Platkar - Haaihoendaai i20 1.4

Quote Originally Posted by DrifX View Post
    ...One little detail I really liked was that the sliding window in the rear can be operated with a switch on the dashboard.
    That is a feature the Navara has as well...
    2014 Honda Accord 3.5 V6

Quote Originally Posted by Bosvark Kzn View Post
    Im on the road a lot, doing about 5000 km per month and today about 3 months after the launch of the X-class I finally saw one on the road!

I get the impression that people are not falling over their feet to get to a dealership and place an order.

Does anyone know what the sales figures look like for the last month or two?

Quote Originally Posted by Kish2604 View Post
    The X class was never intended to be a volume seller, that is backed by MB only designing a double cab variant and no single cab or other utility versions. The market for the X class was the stellenbosch wine farmer who needed to visit his farm for a tasting then go to Polo practice or the KZN midlands farmers wife who sends the kids to a "pvt boarding school"

Its always horses for courses and this is a market which whose affordability is way beyond most mere mortals can dream off...
    Yes that would explain why they launched manual lower spec models.
    Nissan Navara d23 (Leatherman)
    Jeep Cherokee 3.2 (Swambos sportscar/ mommy taxi)

Have only seen one X-Class in Windhoek, it was on a trailer being pulled by a Hilux.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2