Smelly Tyres

Thread: Smelly Tyres

Default Smelly Tyres

Good Day All

I recently purchased some BFG KO2s after I could not get stock of the Hankook Muds which I already had and unfortunately could not wait as I was leaving for a long trip that day (I was very happy with the Hankook and would have got them again if I could have). I have had them for five weeks now and they still have a very strong rubber smell, can smell them from about two meters away and my bakkie stays outside. I would have thought the smell would have gone after a week or two?

Any body have a similar experience?
    2007 Mitsubishi Triton 3.2

Default Re: Smelly Tyres

Quote Originally Posted by GDR View Post
    Good Day All

I recently purchased some BFG KO2s after I could not get stock of the Hankook Muds which I already had and unfortunately could not wait as I was leaving for a long trip that day (I was very happy with the Hankook and would have got them again if I could have). I have had them for five weeks now and they still have a very strong rubber smell, can smell them from about two meters away and my bakkie stays outside. I would have thought the smell would have gone after a week or two?

Any body have a similar experience?
    Iíve heard of this problem and guys solve it by spraying the inside of the wheels where the axle goes into the wheel with a strong 24 hour manly deodorant like Axe, Shield or Brut!

Quote Originally Posted by Sam16 View Post
    Iíve heard of this problem and guys solve it by spraying the inside of the wheels where the axle goes into the wheel with a strong 24 hour manly deodorant like Axe, Shield or Brut!
    Anti Perspirant or standard? Haha
    2007 Mitsubishi Triton 3.2

Jip same here.
    But I dont see it as a problem.
    If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right. SJ

Had similar - seems to have gone away now after a few months.
    2007 Jeep Grand Cherokee 3.0 CRD Overland - GDE Eco Tune + 2" Lift on 265/70/17 BFG KO2's
    2017 Venter Savuti + Tentco Jnr, Dometic CF50 Fridge + Snomaster Battery Box
    --
    Ex - 2005 Cherokee CRD