Craft Beer Mafia - Page 6

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Default Re: Craft Beer Mafia

So, you are a bean counter?

Engineers actually studies "built in obsolescence" to ensure a product doesnt last too long.... its a fact.

My dad had a Frigidaire fridge he inherited from his mom. That thing was built by General Motors in the USA. It worked for 55+ years before it gave up the ghost. IT WAS BUILT TO LAST..... show me ANY brand today that will last that long But ja they probably went bankrupt also because no repeat business.

Quote Originally Posted by WAJ View Post
    So, you are a bean counter?

Engineers actually studies "built in obsolescence" to ensure a product doesnt last too long.... its a fact.

My dad had a Frigidaire fridge he inherited from his mom. That thing was built by General Motors in the USA. It worked for 55+ years before it gave up the ghost. IT WAS BUILT TO LAST..... show me ANY brand today that will last that long But ja they probably went bankrupt also because no repeat business.
    never claimed otherwise

I have to balance the engineers that want to make a perfect product vs the cost a machining said product vs what the market is willing to pay for the product. Somewhere in there is a sweet spot to make good product, economically and still make a decent profit.

PS I'm pretty sure it would have been cheaper the junk that Frigidaire a long time ago and buy a new fridge just on power consumption alone so it lasting this long cost you money.....
    2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20DET race car

Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    not really

this is more like Sasol owning all the fuel pumps in ZA and charging monopolistic rates for their use and deciding who can dispense fuel and where
    Until competition opens up and a price war ensures.
    One Life - Live it with Legends

There is no such thing as inclement weather, only poor selection of clothing.... or Vehicle

2001 RR P38 (Without Air Suspension)
    2013 Jeep Cherokee
    2012 Jeep Patriot

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6