Advise needed between 3 doublecabs - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Advise needed between 3 doublecabs

Today is a bitter sweet day for me.
    Bitter in the sense of I had to say farewell to my trusty Triton which served me very well for the last 4 and a half years.
    Sweet in the sense of, Thanks to all of you giving guidance and advice and the having the interest in helping someone make a good choice, I am now the proud owner of my first ever 4x4.
    I took ownership of a 2016 T7 Ford Ranger 2.2 XL DC with 45k km on the clock and have to say, coming from a 2009 to a 2016 vehicle, it is really apparent how technology have advanced in such a short time.

Now, I need to get some kit for the adventures, a canopy, offroad oriented rubber and rims, oh, and before I forget, learn how to 4x4

Does anyone have recommendations on where I can go and see what the Ranger is all about from a capability perspective? Atlantis Dunes? Melkbos 4x4? All I know is how to press the loud pedal and turn the round thingy infront of me

Once again, Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images  

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Jacques_Nel For This Useful Post:

Congrats Jacques! Hope you enjoy the new ride.
    "Stare, pry, listen, eavesdrop. Die knowing something, you are not here long"
    Walker Evans, Photographer

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Riaan van Wyk For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Jacques_Nel View Post
    Today is a bitter sweet day for me.
    Bitter in the sense of I had to say farewell to my trusty Triton which served me very well for the last 4 and a half years.
    Sweet in the sense of, Thanks to all of you giving guidance and advice and the having the interest in helping someone make a good choice, I am now the proud owner of my first ever 4x4.
    I took ownership of a 2016 T7 Ford Ranger 2.2 XL DC with 45k km on the clock and have to say, coming from a 2009 to a 2016 vehicle, it is really apparent how technology have advanced in such a short time.

Now, I need to get some kit for the adventures, a canopy, offroad oriented rubber and rims, oh, and before I forget, learn how to 4x4

Does anyone have recommendations on where I can go and see what the Ranger is all about from a capability perspective? Atlantis Dunes? Melkbos 4x4? All I know is how to press the loud pedal and turn the round thingy infront of me

Once again, Thank you
    Wish you many happy and safe kilometres

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Therackermann For This Useful Post:

Jacques, I don't know who did the arm twisting, but that new truck looks awesome. Wishing you all the best... on and off the road.

....you'll be amazed at what that machine does right off the showroom floor.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to MarcR For This Useful Post:

Team Offroad does good training.

Or, start a trail gtg on the forum. People should join
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2