Looking for canvas tent - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Looking for canvas tent

+1 for Tentco and the 2.4m

Easy to pitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Faddel View Post
    We have the Tentco 2,4 x 2,4 and love it. Reason for the 2,4 one as opposed to the 3,0 x 3,0m was ease of pitching. The 2,4 tent can be put up quite easily by one person, the 3,0 not. The 2,4 has easily enough room for my wife and I but I recon three adults would be a push. If I had to make the decision over again, it would be the 2,4 again.
    BTW the canopy offered in a previous post is worth it. Ours has a small "veranda" type flap (as in Riaan van Wyk's post). We still pitch our gazebo half over the tent for added protection and room. If the price is right just buy the whole lot in one go.

ďAfrica changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

Bushtec 3x3m canvas dome currently on special at Makro for R3499. Had a look yesterday and seems very nice. I would buy it if I was in the market for a new tent.

Please come see us at Camp And Climb in Centurion, we have Tentco tents at the same price as Tentco - and you can see most of them pitched in our shop.

There are some options when looking at canvas: 320g Safari canvas is tough but heavier, 260g Ripstop is lighter but the tents have less features, and if weight and space is a real concern then look at the new Savannah range - featuring a very lightweight groundsheet...

Look forward to seeing you

Quote Originally Posted by mjoubert15 View Post
    Hi guys,

Currently I have one of those Oztrail nylon tents, but I think it is time for an upgrade.

I am looking to get a dome canvas tent (thinking 2.4mx2.4m or maybe 3mx3m).

Where would the best place be to buy such a tent? Any other tips will also be greatly appreciated, e.g. necessity of flysheet or groundsheet, good brands, where NOT to buy (or certain brands to avoid), etc..

I will even be interested in buying secondhand if anyone knows of someone looking to sell one of these?

I know the canvas tents do take up a lot of space in the car, but usually we would just be two people in my Outback so I believe space should be fine?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Wetkit View Post
    It is not only the packed size, but also the weight!!!
    I have the 3x3 Tentco. I think it is too big and diffcult to pitch.
    I would rather go with a 2.4 next time out.

If you camp in the rain, the veranda option is a very good idea.
    I also have a 3x3 would swap it for a 2.4x2.4 any time. Same reasons.

Hi, I have a tentco 3x3 tent available. Still in good condition. Let me know if you are interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Dogbert View Post
    Please come see us at Camp And Climb in Centurion, we have Tentco tents at the same price as Tentco - and you can see most of them pitched in our shop.

There are some options when looking at canvas: 320g Safari canvas is tough but heavier, 260g Ripstop is lighter but the tents have less features, and if weight and space is a real concern then look at the new Savannah range - featuring a very lightweight groundsheet...

Look forward to seeing you
    I just wanted to post the same but add a little warning to it. Please beware!, once you go there multiple trips will follow and you will look like a Tentco poster child with all the goodies you've bought...or maybe it's just me.
    Current: 2018 Ford Ranger 2.2 XLT AT DC 4x2 with Rhino Ranger offroad trailer + Tentco Junior TTT
    Sold: 2015 Ford Ranger 2.2 XL MT DC 4x2, Sold: 2013 Ford Focus 1.6 5DR Trend, Sold: 2010 Ford Ranger 2.5TD Supercab, Sold: 2007 Ford Bantam 1.6 XLE, Sold: 2006 Ford Focus 1.6 5DR Sport

7. The Following User Says Thank You to Bluefin06 For This Useful Post:

Had a look at the dome tents at Makro today, quality definitely not the same as Tentco. Can't remember the exact make thou.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikepike View Post
    Bushtec 3x3m canvas dome currently on special at Makro for R3499. Had a look yesterday and seems very nice. I would buy it if I was in the market for a new tent.

Thanks for all the advice guys.

After the overwhelmingly positive response towards Tentco, I took the plunge and bought a 2.5x2.5 at Camp and Climb.

Received great service from them! Will definitely recommend.

Taking the tent on it's first trip this weekend to the Drakensberg, seems like they're expecting snow very excited though!

10. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to mjoubert15 For This Useful Post:

Congrats and enjoy the trip!

ďAfrica changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

Quote Originally Posted by mjoubert15 View Post
    Thanks for all the advice guys.

After the overwhelmingly positive response towards Tentco, I took the plunge and bought a 2.5x2.5 at Camp and Climb.

Received great service from them! Will definitely recommend.

Taking the tent on it's first trip this weekend to the Drakensberg, seems like they're expecting snow very excited though!

Did you survive the snow in your tent?

What about some photos as well?
    Hermanator

Herman Smit

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2