Bushlapa Bosluis 2 Camper

Default Bushlapa Bosluis 2 Camper

We are intrigued by the Bosluis 2 camper and wondering what the thoughts of the forum members are about it or similar setup. We are presently camping with a off road trailer but towing is becoming a bit stressfull.

Default Re: Bushlapa Bosluis 2 Camper

HERE is a thread started by a Bosluis 2 owner. I had a close up look at one at last year's get together and I think it looks and works amazing. It was mounted on a new Hilux bakkie.
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

When in doubt, paint it black

im considering trading my boskriek for a bosluis.. only issue would be that you would have to pack up to go for a drive or to the shops....

A year and a half later and we love our Bosluis even more- as with practice we have become much better at setting up and packing up. Itís true that the major downside of such a set-up is not being able to quickly drive somewhere once everything is deployed, but we think itís a good trade-off compared with towing. It really works very well for a couple who enjoy visiting out-of-the-way places where towing would be challenging. I can only say good things about our experience with this product.

As Janet says a brilliant product. What was important to me was to be able to completely pack up by myself (My husband once got kidney stones in Koakoveld and at the time I really battled closing the RTT). The Bosluis has been really well thought out so there is not much to do afterwards. Excellent after sales service from Martin. Its no issue to close the tent to go for a game drive. Really great for photography, as sorting pictures, downloading, charging camera and computers all from inside the vehicle an absolute pleasure. Its my retirement home

Bushlapa makes good products.

The only issue for me was that the vehicle is basically only for trips, where I need a ldv much more times as for trips. So I opt for the abba safaris. There are also aluminum options similar.

The camper on a vehicle also got some drawbacks, as you have to pack up everything every morning. So I have both, an off road caravan also, depending on the trip.
    Johan Kriel

LC PU's and a Prado

This is an expensive project and not one to be taken lightly.
    I visited all the builders, before making my decision.
    A short holiday around the country can assure you that you are making the best decision.
    They are all basically the same, but pack differently and in different times.
    Your fridge/freezer must be in front of the canopy, and;
    The canvas must close on the inside of the gas shocks, for it to work properly.
    The less things that open and close, the less likely you are to get breakages/damage.
    It does not have to be fancy to work and you do not need everything that opens and closes.
    You do however need everything to work and to work quickly and efficiently...

See the latest edition of Go Drive and Camp for a write up of the Bosluis 2 on a single cab Hilux
    LC 105 EFI
    BL 1003 Boskriek

Yes, I saw that article. I was rather amused when the author complained about the drawer sliding open in transit (ours never has) and things falling out. All I can say is that if things fall out of that drawer, you may have rolled your bakkie. In which case you have got bigger problems to deal with.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    Yes, I saw that article. I was rather amused when the author complained about the drawer sliding open in transit (ours never has) and things falling out. All I can say is that if things fall out of that drawer, you may have rolled your bakkie. In which case you have got bigger problems to deal with.
    I did not see or read the article but that does seem odd.... That means die locking mechanism for the drawer as well is the latches on the door failed..... mmmm.....
    Michael (Kooskop) My naam is NIE Koos nie..
    Toyota FJ Cruiser
    Bush Lapa - 1st Miskruier B8, now B192
    BMW F800GS

When in doubt, paint it black

I thought the journalist referred to the inside drawer - the one against the back of the cab. Don't know if that drawer has some form of lock

Landcruiser 79 Series D/Cab 4.2L Diesel
    Bush Lapa Miskruier (no: 34)

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Sebastiaan For This Useful Post: