Default Experience the exhilarating X-Class

• X-Class X-Perience Days set to thrill South Africans in various regions.
    • Nadia Trimmel, Head of Mercedes-Benz Vans Southern Africa: “The X-Class X-Perience Days were designed with a sole purpose: to let the bakkie do all the talking.”

After just less than three months of its much-anticipated launch, it is clear that the Mercedes-Benz X-Class combines an unmatched on-road drive with undeniable off-road capabilities. Those who have driven it are completely convinced that it is a vehicle in a league of its own.

Through the regional X-Class X-Perience Days, Mercedes-Benz Vans is offering the general public an opportunity to experience the X-Class’ tangible benefits of thrilling performance, high levels of safety and generous amounts of loading space.

The details of the X-Class X-Perience Days are as follows:

4 and 5 August: Zevenwacht Wine Estate, Cape Town, Western Cape
    11 and 12 August: Tala Private Game Reserve, Pietermaritzburg, KwaZulu - Natal
    11 and 12 August - Zwartkops Raceway, Pretoria, Gauteng

All attendees of the X-Class X-Perience Days will also stand a chance to drive the X-Class for a weekend of their choice.

“The X-Class X-Perience Days were designed with a sole purpose: to let the bakkie do all the talking. We want our customers who have not yet had the chance to get behind the wheel of what is billed as the Mercedes of bakkies, to do exactly that. The public will make up their own minds on just how stable the vehicle is on dirt roads, or how passengers forget they are in a bakkie – thanks to the luxurious interior – and how incredibly powerful the four-cylinder engine variants are,” says Nadia Trimmel, Head of Mercedes-Benz Vans, Southern Africa.

During the X-Class X-Perience Days, the public will get to know the vehicle on all levels, courtesy of a comprehensive programme that includes a dynamic product overview, information on the bakkie’s features and benefits, all culminating in a test drive of the X-Class.

After the X-perience, customers would have been intimately acquainted with the X-Class’ two design and equipment lines. The PROGRESSIVE is aimed at consumers who are seeking a rugged vehicle with extra styling and comfort functions, while also being a comfortable yet prestigious for private or dual use.

This is complemented by the high-end POWER, which is aimed at customers for whom styling, performance and comfort are essential.

Enthusiasts will be impressed by the X-Class’ two powerful and efficient four-cylinder engines that deliver a punchy performance. The high-torque common-rail diesel drive system with a displacement of 2.3 litres is available with a choice of two power outputs. Those in attendance will be taken aback by the X220d, offering 120kW, while the X250d generates no less than 140kW.

The X-Class X-Perience will convincingly demonstrate a number of the vehicle’s advantages, such as a 1000kg payload capacity, the effortless ability to tow up to 3 500kg, a ground clearance of 222mm and inclinations of up to 49 degrees.

In addition, the X-Class comes standard with the manufacturer’s PremiumDrive, designed to give customers complete peace of mind. It is one of the leading full maintenance plans in South Africa and ensures superior cover for 100 000 km/6 years, whichever occurs first. For a nominal cost, customers have the option of extending the maintenance plan up to a maximum of 180 000km/8 years, whichever occurs first.

“It is far more convincing for the X-Class do the talking, than for us to simply tell the public about it. I urge those who are unaware that the X-Class has disrupted the bakkie scene to come and experience it for themselves,” added Trimmel.

To register for the X-Class X-Perience, as well as to stand a chance to drive the X-Class for a weekend of your choice, log on to www.x-class.co.za.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X-Class pic 1.jpg 
Views:	240 
Size:	495.1 KB 
ID:	497203   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X-Class pic 2.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	506.3 KB 
ID:	497204  

Default Re: Experience the exhilarating X-Class

I registered for this. Got confirmation that I will recieve email with necessary detail.... did not recieve email...not a good "experience"
    1997 Suzuki Samurai (Coily)
    1.5 inch spring lift
    30x9.5 BFG KM2
    4.16 RockLobster

2017 Ford Ranger Wildtrak 4x4

Quote Originally Posted by kingjake View Post
    I registered for this. Got confirmation that I will recieve email with necessary detail.... did not recieve email...not a good "experience"
    I'd also be hesitant to invite you to experience a dressed up Navara if you're used to a Ranger

Sorry Mercedes, X marks not the spot.

I have literally seen 1 of these things on the road and I do plenty mileage.
    2018 VW Amarok V6 Auto 4Motion

Quote Originally Posted by Ooba View Post
    I have literally seen 1 of these things on the road and I do plenty mileage.
    I suspect everyone is waiting for the V6

Pierre van Pletzen

"A day without laughter is a day wasted"

M.Benz GL350CDi Be AMG AKA "worshond"
    KTM 1290 Super Adventure

After it should have hit namibian showrooms months ago they are saying now only december.....

Went to Dullstroom for the weekend, I go there on a regular basis as my inlaws live there. On such a weekend you usually see just about every SUV and double cab on the market parked in town as this is a main route to the lowveld. I saw only 3 x-classes the whole weekend including on the way there and back from Jo-burg. 1 Was a dealership demo with their branding on it. I suspect this is a failure for Merc, not because there is anything wrong with it, but because they think they can swindle the buying public! If there was no Navara on the market for a heluva lot cheaper for basically the same vehicle they might have done better! I still say if they drop the price to be in line with the 4cyl offerings from VW they will sell. But to price this above the v6 Amarok
    Louis Adendorff
    Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk (Ironman suit)
    Everest 2.2 XLS (Swambo’s mommy taxi)

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Hooly For This Useful Post:

Too bad they are not available yet in Nam , swambo finally got her wish of having a 4x4 dc and we are in the process of driving everyone to let her decide which one she likes. Would be nice to compare them back to backClick image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1534160078388.jpg 
Views:	159 
Size:	68.6 KB 
ID:	498544

Had the opportunity to be apart of this experience this past weekend, coming from a Ranger I was keen to see what being offered in terms of overall package...

My conclusion is that to all the naysayers out there, if you think it's a Navara with Mascara you need to book a test drive and see what the fuss is about.. It's actually a very well rounded offering for those who have deep enough pockets to afford it.. At present I don't sadly.. I would definitely have signed an offer for an x350d when it arrive if the finances allow it.
    Curent: VW Touareg 3.0Tdi R-Line
    Current: VW G6 GTi DSG

Ex:Ford Ranger 3.2 Auto 4x4 XLT (Stolen but not forgotten)
    Ex:Paj DiD SWB Auto (Sold but not forgotten)
    Ex:E92 335i 430kw at the wheels! (Sold but not forgotten)

11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Kish2604 For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Kish2604 View Post
    Had the opportunity to be apart of this experience this past weekend, coming from a Ranger I was keen to see what being offered in terms of overall package...

My conclusion is that to all the naysayers out there, if you think it's a Navara with Mascara you need to book a test drive and see what the fuss is about.. It's actually a very well rounded offering for those who have deep enough pockets to afford it.. At present I don't sadly.. I would definitely have signed an offer for an x350d when it arrive if the finances allow it.
    Just don’t drive one back to back with a new Navara and then look at the pricetag after you’ve added the features that come as standard on the Navara.
    Louis Adendorff

13. The Following User Says Thank You to Hooly For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hooly View Post
    Just don’t drive one back to back with a new Navara and then look at the pricetag after you’ve added the features that come as standard on the Navara.
    Like?
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

André Opperman

I suppose Merc needed something just under the GL range?
    Jakes Louw
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

Quote Originally Posted by Oppies3800 View Post
    Like?
    Leather seats, seat heating, rear electric sliding window, Side steps, Auto lights, Auto transmission, satnav, reverse camera, parking sensors. roof rails.

Added up you are talking another R70k on the listec price.
    Louis Adendorff