Sweni or Napi

Thread: Sweni or Napi

Default Sweni or Napi

I am looking to book a walking trail towards the end of the year in the KNP and my options are between the Sweni and the Napi trails. I have done the Sweni trail before and it was really fantastic. I would like some advice from someone who has done both and whether it is worth doing the Napi trail over doing the Sweni for a second time? Some input would really be appreciated.

Default Re: Sweni or Napi

I've done both, and they're both incredible.
    i personally found the accomodation a lot better at the Napi with bathrooms on suit. When we did Sweni there was a communal ablution facility, not sure if it's still like this?
    if you do Napi stay in tent 3 or 4, bird hide right next to 4.

Thanks very much Fordie for the response. I am happy to hear that Napi is also just as good as Sweni. Definitely going to try Napi based on your feedback. Thanks again!

You won't be sorry 😉

I have done both several times and have a soft spot for Napi. its on the confluence of the Napi and Biyamiti rivers. if you get some early rains then its truly special. but even in the dry walking along the river beds is amazing. we watched Elephants digging in the river bed very comfortably on foot from up on a ridge. the rock art in the koppies nearby is good to to walk to as well. as is a sunset drink on the koppie overlooking Shiphampanana spruit,where they regularly take trail guests one of the evenings.
    the Tents as mentioned are very pleasant as accommodation goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Colin2232 View Post
    I have done both several times and have a soft spot for Napi. its on the confluence of the Napi and Biyamiti rivers. if you get some early rains then its truly special. but even in the dry walking along the river beds is amazing. we watched Elephants digging in the river bed very comfortably on foot from up on a ridge. the rock art in the koppies nearby is good to to walk to as well. as is a sunset drink on the koppie overlooking Shiphampanana spruit,where they regularly take trail guests one of the evenings.
    the Tents as mentioned are very pleasant as accommodation goes.
    We have not done the Napi but did the Sweni about 5 times, as we love the Satara area. (Sweni being the favourite among the Olifants, Metsi-Metsi and Nyala - we did.)
    Recently we did the "new" Mathikithi (new fly-camp for Metsi-Metsi south-west of Satara in June 201.
    What a fantastic experience!!!
    Also tented camp on wooden platforms with seperate ablutions under huge apple-leave trees on the N'wanetsi river.
    Daily walks on the N'wanetsi river and traverse to the Sweni river to the south.
    Similar veld type as the Sweni but bigger trees, lots of game, huge herd of buffalo close to the camp with the expected predators - lions in abundance. We experienced 3 different prides of lion on foot durning the 2 morning walks.
    See:
    https://www.sanparks.org/parks/kruge...mathikithi.php

Mathikithi is now my new favourite camp!!

However any trail camp in the Kruger still the best -enjoy!!

Anne-Marie Wiehahn
    anne-marie wiehahn