NDM Travel - Serial Overcharger - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: NDM Travel - Serial Overcharger

Quote Originally Posted by PAT n WOLF View Post
    I think this is a learning curve Maile, so far you handling it professionally and admitting mistakes. I respect somebody who admits mistakes and correct them. Baakanya rra, leina le ise le senyege. You became the alternative for most after Botswana Footprint owner departure.
    Very True PAT n WOLF , We were very very wrong and we promise to correct each & every single mistake that occured .

Retlaa leka ka bojotlhe RRAETSHO PAT n WOLF.

Thanks 4x4 forum for your trust in us!

Many Thanks

Maile
    NDM Travel Agency
    We book:
    Public Campsites/4x4 Hire /Lodges/Park Permits/ Private Camps/namibia Camps
    Safari Activities/Game Drives/Transfers/Scenic Flights/House Boats/vic Falls

Email 1: [email protected] - CHAWA [Cell: +267 76702579]
    Email 2: [email protected] - [Cell: +267 76702602 ]
    Tel:+267 6800264
    https://www.facebook.com/NDMTravel/

I used NDM twice last year and only have good things to say about them. In fact I find this story difficult to believe, but yes mistakes do happen when people are involved and I am very sure that what happened here is just that, a mistake. Well done to NDM for addressing the issue, you have my full support.

I agree. Can only compliment them on their service and interaction with myself.

Mistakes happen, especially with the volume of requests, changes etc these booking agents deal with. Re the 499 booking fee, this seems to be the norm however I believe we're all naive to think that the booking agents pay the operators, lodges etc 100% of the quoted rate. There is surely a discount of some sort? I'm sure that is where they make their money, and rightly so, as 499 is certainly not in proportion to the value of some of these trips, and the complexities involved in booking them. My thoughts for what they're worth...

Thumbs up Re: NDM Travel - Serial Overcharger

Quote Originally Posted by TOY4X4 View Post
    I used NDM twice last year and only have good things to say about them. In fact I find this story difficult to believe, but yes mistakes do happen when people are involved and I am very sure that what happened here is just that, a mistake. Well done to NDM for addressing the issue, you have my full support.
    Thanks for the support and thanks for booking with us in many occasions previously.

We do everything possible to make sure every one is happy.

Regards

Maile
    NDM Travel Agency
    We book:

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    I just started using NDM, and so far have been amazed at their response time and level of service.

I asked upfront of the cost of their service, above the cost of the campings etc, and it was very reasonable and well worth it.

So far Chawa has been great, I am really sorry to hear about your experience and sure they will help to rectify it.
    I'd check what you have been charged very closely, for your own benefit and the benefit of the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by cheabb78 View Post
    Mistakes happen, especially with the volume of requests, changes etc these booking agents deal with. Re the 499 booking fee, this seems to be the norm however I believe we're all naive to think that the booking agents pay the operators, lodges etc 100% of the quoted rate. There is surely a discount of some sort? I'm sure that is where they make their money, and rightly so, as 499 is certainly not in proportion to the value of some of these trips, and the complexities involved in booking them. My thoughts for what they're worth...
    If I read it correct the op mentioned that as being how he assumed they made money, the point he was making is he was being charged significantly more for some places than if he just booked directly with the establishment himself and paid their listed/standard rates.

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
    I'd check what you have been charged very closely, for your own benefit and the benefit of the forum.

If I read it correct the op mentioned that as being how he assumed they made money, the point he was making is he was being charged significantly more for some places than if he just booked directly with the establishment himself and paid their listed/standard rates.
    I wasn't saying that was the reason for overcharging, just putting the relatively low booking fee into perspective, based on some of the comments in later posts.
    Last edited by cheabb78; 2018/08/04 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cheabb78 View Post
    I wasn't saying that was the reason for overcharging, just putting the relatively low booking fee into perspective, based on some of the comments in later posts.
    Sorry I may have wrote that a little vaguely, the point I got from your op is you speculated that perhaps how Ndm made a reasonable profit off the bookings they made on behalf of customers was they negotiated better rates from the establishments, ie below the establishments advertised rates and made their money by charging the advertised rates to their customers and making a profit on that margin.

Instead you were charged well over the advertised rates when that wasn't supposed to be the case.
    Last edited by Skylark; 2018/08/05 at 02:46 PM.

As a conclusion to a negative post I outline my learnings below which may be useful for future travelers utilising a 3rd party to book.

1. Agree that the you will not pay more than rack rate. The agency is entitled to make as much money as possible through their relationships and discounts with operators.

2. Find a means to double check the rates charged by 3rd party vs rack rate.

3. If you are travelling with children find out what the policy is. They are vastly different between lodges so do not assume there is some type of blanket policy.

4. Bed levy: many lodges include this fee in the rack rate. Some campsites do not charge it all (i.e. it is not included but not charged). Do not accept some blanket charge for the bed levy. The same applies to the conservation levy in Namibia - it is most often included in the rack rate.

5. Cancellation policies. If you have doubt about whether you will make any changes confirm what the PREVAILING policy is. The 3rd party will have one and then the operators will have their own.

6. Exchange rate. Check what exchange rates are used for operators outside of Botswana. Caprivi is in Namibia and most of the houseboats operate our of Namibia and South Africa. I also don't believe that clients should pay for differences in exchange rate between when you pay the 3rd party and when they pay the operators outside of Botswana.

7. Bank charges. For payments made from Botswana to foreign operators confirm who foots the bank charges.
    '05 Nissan Patrol 4.8L GRX
    '13 Conqueror Companion

2007: JHB-London by motorbike. 16000km, 39 days
    2014: JHB-Nairobi-JHB. 13000km, 90 days

"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."

Hi Carlo,

Out of interest, has your dispute been finalised and relevant refunds paid?
    Stephan
    "All of us get lost in the darkness. Dreamers learn to steer by the stars"

Quote Originally Posted by Groenman View Post
    Hi Carlo,

Hi Groenman

I will answer on behalf of Carlo since he is our client but I hope he will also respond here.

Yes, the dispute has been finalised and relevant funds paid back.

Thanks for making a follow-up.

NB: 2019 ounce off fee[Booking Fees] is BWP500.00

Regards

Maile
    NDM Travel Agency
    We book:

Email 2: nd[email protected] - [Cell: +267 76702602 ]

Quote Originally Posted by NDMBots View Post
    Hi Groenman

I will answer on behalf of Carlo since he is our client but I hope he will also respond here.

Yes, the dispute has been finalised and relevant funds paid back.

Thanks for making a follow-up.

NB: 2019 ounce off fee[Booking Fees] is BWP500.00

Regards

Maile
    What measures have you introduced to prevent future clients from being over charged?

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
    What measures have you introduced to prevent future clients from being over charged?

Hi Skylark

Thanks for asking... we have discussed and rectified this mistake with the office and on the invoice it shows the cost clearly shown per person.

Regards

Maile
    NDM Travel Agency
    We book:

Quote Originally Posted by NDMBots View Post
    Hi Skylark

Thanks for asking... we have discussed and rectified this mistake with the office and on the invoice it shows the cost clearly shown per person.

Regards

Maile
    I'm not sure that even tries to answer my question.

How is that going to prevent future clients from being over charged?

Quote Originally Posted by Groenman View Post
    Hi Carlo,

Finalised, but not without an exasperating amount of back of forth which once again revolved around the quantum.
    '05 Nissan Patrol 4.8L GRX
    '13 Conqueror Companion

2007: JHB-London by motorbike. 16000km, 39 days
    2014: JHB-Nairobi-JHB. 13000km, 90 days

"We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us."

Default Re: NDM Travel - Serial Overchargert

Quote Originally Posted by JadeDsantos View Post
    I just started using NDM, and so far have been amazed at their response time and level of service.

I asked upfront of the cost of their service, above the cost of the campings etc, and it was very reasonable and well worth it.

So far Chawa has been great, I am really sorry to hear about your experience and sure they will help to rectify it.

Default Re: NDM Travel - Serial Overchargert

Thanks Robertproud for using NDM..we do our best to book memorable trips...

We actually helped thè above client with all he needed last year..they travelled in 2018

Thanks ounce again..

REGARDS

Maile
    NDM Travel Agency
    We book:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2