Powertrac powerlander A/T Tyres opinions

Default Powertrac powerlander A/T Tyres opinions

Who has run these tyres on their 4x4 and what is your opinion? I have seen a lot of advertising for the Powertrac Powerlander A/T and the Habilead practical max A/T tyres recently and the pricing is very reasonable. I know there was a thread or two regarding these tyres but they are quite old. I would like to know if they are any good or not?
    Last edited by johan76; 2018/07/27 at 11:53 PM.
    '96 Jeep XJ 4.0 "die blou monster" work in progress
    ex: 2000 Kia sportage 2.0
    ex: 2005 Ford Ranger D/C XLT 4.0 Auto

Default Re: Powertrac powerlander A/T Tyres opinions

I have the A/T's on SWAMBO'S Terrano and M/T's on my Patrol. You won't look back I promise. The only downside is that soon the prices will go up . Like someone else mentioned : Supply and demand
    There's only 3 reasons to stand up : to get the remote , to go to the bathroom or because you're the Real Slim Shady.

2002 Patrol 4.5 GRX
    2001 Terrano 2 TD27
    2012 1600 Pypkar Rum mobile

Interestingly: I put 4 Powertracs on my W203, and 4 Habliead (same importer) on my Corsa Utility. About a week after my brother used the Benz and promptly (the next morning) had a flat. The tyre had runflat damage, but we couldn't find what made it go flat. Thank goodness for Tyresurance. About 2 weeks after that, I had a puncture with the Corsa Utility. Bone fragment (so small, it fell and we couldn't find it) punctured that one, but that one could be repaired.

Also had a customer who put four on his Terios had a puncture and visited me to claim against his Tyresurance. He showed me what had damaged his tyre...a toothpick

So far, these were the only instances and hopefully it was a fluke... I'm sure their AT and MT's are tougher
    Last edited by Nitebob; 2018/07/30 at 02:29 PM.
    1996 Discovery 1 (SOLD)
    2009 Corsa Utility 1.7Dti (Everyday drive)
    2001 Mercedes C180 (Soon to be my eldest's car)
    2010 Kia Sedona 2.9Crdi (SWAMBO's ride)

Thanks, I'm looking at AT for the Jeep, I don't do the serious 4x4 stuff more gravel road etc
    '96 Jeep XJ 4.0 "die blou monster" work in progress
    ex: 2000 Kia sportage 2.0
    ex: 2005 Ford Ranger D/C XLT 4.0 Auto

The A/T seems to be acceptable for the price but nothing too special. They definitely seem more road focused than I'd like in an A/T (If that makes sense). They don't look particularly appealing either. The Mud Terrains seem to be the better value and seem to punch above their weight class. They're quiet for Mud Terrains, Grip well on tar and in the wet, and have proven they're perfectly capable in the rough and don't look half bad. Considering they're not obnoxiously loud I would consider them for your Jeep even if you don't do hectic 4x4. A Jeep must have muds!!
    Nissan Navara K/Cab 2010 4x4 2.5DCi