Nissan ZD30 Boost actuator

Default Nissan ZD30 Boost actuator

Good day,

I need some help. I recently bought a import ZD30 Patrol engine as my original one seized. Now the engine I have in now had a intercooler on which I took off and put my old spares like the intake manifold etc. I also noticed that this engine has a bigger turbo and it works with a Vacuum actuator which I tried to fit in the airflow but itís not opening the valve. I then realized that I actually need a boost blow actuator. Is there anyone out there that mayBe can give me any advice before I try and remove this actuator. The engine goes well and reaches the speed it needs to but I just donít get that boost when I need it, this turbo is much bigger than my originAl compensator😜.

Thanks

Default Re: Nissan ZD30 Boost actuator

Quote Originally Posted by EugeneWalt View Post
    Good day,

I need some help. I recently bought a import ZD30 Patrol engine as my original one seized. Now the engine I have in now had a intercooler on which I took off and put my old spares like the intake manifold etc. I also noticed that this engine has a bigger turbo and it works with a Vacuum actuator which I tried to fit in the airflow but itís not opening the valve. I then realized that I actually need a boost blow actuator. Is there anyone out there that mayBe can give me any advice before I try and remove this actuator. The engine goes well and reaches the speed it needs to but I just donít get that boost when I need it, this turbo is much bigger than my originAl compensator😜.

Thanks
    Eugene, move your post (or mod's move post) to the Nissan section. There are lot's of guys that can help. I received so much help with mine and it's going strong

Four Wheel Drive Club of SA
    Garden Route Division
    A Proud member of SCROF (Southern Cape Route Owners Forum) see our website at www.4x4ineden.co.za

Also ask the question on patrol4x4.co.za. Lots of guys that might be able to answer.

Quote Originally Posted by EugeneWalt View Post
    Good day,

Thanks
    Eugene,

Please post a pic of the original turbo and the larger turbo.

As for the Nissan ZD30 Enignes in the Patrol are fitted with a Garrett GT2052V - which is a variable nozzle/vane turbo controlled by a vacuum actuator.
    The Turbo Vane position is regulated by a N75 vacuum control valve, which is controlled by the ECU.

None of the ZD30 Patrols as far as I am aware of had a pressure actuator/ wastegated factory fitted turbo, unless modified by owner.

In RSA Only the Hardbody had a wastegated turbo with pressure actuator.
    Nato

'08 Nissan HB 3.0 16VTD D/C 4x4

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...1&d=1531137473
    Patrol ZD30 Garrett Gt2052V VNT Turbo

Patrol ZD30 Garrett Gt2052V VNT Turbo

Hardbody ZD30 Hitachi Ht12-19B/D Turbo
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170513_132210.jpg 
Views:	16 
Size:	308.3 KB 
ID:	494543   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170513_132216.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	284.2 KB 
ID:	494544   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20170508_072109.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	319.5 KB 
ID:	494545  
    Nato

'08 Nissan HB 3.0 16VTD D/C 4x4

6. The Following User Says Thank You to natoburgoffer For This Useful Post: