RANT ! Landyluvver ! Disco 2 TD5 - Page 6

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Default Re: RANT ! Landyluvver ! Disco 2 TD5

After following this thread with great interest, is the owner of the " repair shop " going to answer the question regarding the manifold repair which was charged for yet never replaced, like I metioned earlier too much " smoke & mirrors " used without answers, also the OP who he replaced the V8 motor, yet sent the vehicle away with a dodgy coolant system ? Easily to cover your arse if you write on the invoice "Taken at custmers risk as coolant system reported leaking " Easy job done covered yourself !!
    Audi A6 Avant Quattro V6 tdi ( Sold )
    VW Touareg V6 tdi ( sadly written off )
    2 x Toyota Celica GT4 Gen 6 (Sold) sadly missed
    2 x Toyota Celica Gen. 5 ( Sold ) not missed as much as the above.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to meh For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    After following this thread with great interest, is the owner of the " repair shop " going to answer the question regarding the manifold repair which was charged for yet never replaced, like I metioned earlier too much " smoke & mirrors " used without answers, also the OP who he replaced the V8 motor, yet sent the vehicle away with a dodgy coolant system ? Easily to cover your arse if you write on the invoice "Taken at custmers risk as coolant system reported leaking " Easy job done covered yourself !!
    A lot of ppl still waiting for that answer
    1995 300TDi Defender with VGT Turbo
    2002 Defender with LS1 MS3 ECU, 4L80e, LT230 1.222, Lockers and HD CW&P, 35" with 4" Lift

Albert is not going to answer that , because there is no logical or reasonable explanation for it. And if he does , it means he will have to be a reasonable and honest person who is willing to explain.

I suspect that based on the mud flinging and name calling from Albert , an honest explanation is off the cards .
    2011 Suzuki Jimny . 40mm zombie offroad lift , 215/75/15 tyres, 50mm powerflow .
    Disco 2 Td5, 3 inch lift, straight pipe, remap, egr delete, cdl mod, 32/11.5/15 all terrains. ( Sold )
    1985 Suzuki Sj410 , 970cc of stock Japanese power , 245/75/15 muddies , 2 inch lift . ( Sold )
    2016 Harley iron 883 , lowered , tank lift , wire tuck , fender delete, flipped mirrors , straight pipes . ( Sold )
    Various Volvo company cars over the last 6 years .
    2001 Polo Playa Millenium , stock besides 75hp nitrous shot. ( Sold )
    1987 Caddy , 2.1 16v Abf , 44mm throttles , 288 billet cams , 11.5 :1 compression. ( Sold )
    1981 Mk1 Golf , 1900cc , weber 38 dgas , 298 cam , tnt branch , 11.5 : 1 compression . ( Sold )

5. The Following User Says Thank You to ZUK410 For This Useful Post:

hmmmm
    3 sides to a story.
    his, hers and the truth!!!

being a service provider myself, to the insurance undustry "security" , we have learned that we needed to cover our arses properly.

so, how do we do this?
    easily, we take pictures and video recordings of our working, showing equipment is new and in a working condition.

on our invoices we make sure what is fitted is charged for and the picture prove this.

due to our clients being guaranteed banks, we do not do business with jan alleman!!!

but boy oh boy, we make sure the job is done correctly and cover our arses properly.

insurance clients are real bliksems.

we do get the....since you did this and since you did that.

but that is not common, so we try and make sure all is well before we leave.

we also have a release document, on the back all is listed which was used and this will also correspond with the invoice.
    claimants also sign on the release document.

this tread is sour already, but it is up to Dirk to let it be.

cheers
    volgende week....weer visvang tyd

Quote Originally Posted by willem wikkel spies View Post
    hmmmm
    3 sides to a story.
    WAT?

Gaan Johan Slabbert alweer 'n nuttelose thread begin?
    Johan De Graaf
    2019 Ford Ranger Wildtrak 2.0 Biturbo 4x2 D/C
    2013 Range Rover e-vogue HSE Dynamic SD4
    2010 Range Rover Vogue TDV8

Quote Originally Posted by willem wikkel spies View Post
    hmmmm
    3 sides to a story.
    his, hers and the truth!!!

being a service provider myself, to the insurance undustry "security" , we have learned that we needed to cover our arses properly.

so, how do we do this?
    easily, we take pictures and video recordings of our working, showing equipment is new and in a working condition.

on our invoices we make sure what is fitted is charged for and the picture prove this.

due to our clients being guaranteed banks, we do not do business with jan alleman!!!

but boy oh boy, we make sure the job is done correctly and cover our arses properly.

insurance clients are real bliksems.

we do get the....since you did this and since you did that.

but that is not common, so we try and make sure all is well before we leave.

we also have a release document, on the back all is listed which was used and this will also correspond with the invoice.
    claimants also sign on the release document.

this tread is sour already, but it is up to Dirk to let it be.

cheers
    That statement in bold is something that we hear very often , as i work in a dealership myself . Sometimes it is justified , sometimes not , but we have to be transparent about it . We also investigate each claim and to be honest , find many times we are at fault , which means we have to sort it out . No workshop or business will be exempt from making mistakes .

Just this morning we pulled out a fuel pump that we picked up on diagnostics , quoted a customer and fitted which didn't fix the problem .

We pulled it out because we want to maintain a relationship with the customer based on respect and trust . Yes we cant send the fuel pump back to the factory because its full of fuel and now we have to take a knock , but that technician will be more careful in the future , and in turn we can improve our service to the customers .

I am not saying that we are the knights in shining armour , but it is what i have learnt from working in a respectable dealership for 12 years . I have been lucky to have been exposed to how a customer should be treated to maintain the relationship going forward and keeping our doors open .

If you googled our dealership , you will find good and bad things , just like Landyluvver . Some justified and some not .

But , on topic for this particular thread ,

This particular incident is not right , handled well or been rectified with the customer leaving happy or with any resolve or explanation as to why there are invoiced parts that are as rusty as a sunken ship . It doesnt take '' half a brain " as Albert said to see that .
    2011 Suzuki Jimny . 40mm zombie offroad lift , 215/75/15 tyres, 50mm powerflow .
    Disco 2 Td5, 3 inch lift, straight pipe, remap, egr delete, cdl mod, 32/11.5/15 all terrains. ( Sold )
    1985 Suzuki Sj410 , 970cc of stock Japanese power , 245/75/15 muddies , 2 inch lift . ( Sold )
    2016 Harley iron 883 , lowered , tank lift , wire tuck , fender delete, flipped mirrors , straight pipes . ( Sold )
    Various Volvo company cars over the last 6 years .
    2001 Polo Playa Millenium , stock besides 75hp nitrous shot. ( Sold )
    1987 Caddy , 2.1 16v Abf , 44mm throttles , 288 billet cams , 11.5 :1 compression. ( Sold )
    1981 Mk1 Golf , 1900cc , weber 38 dgas , 298 cam , tnt branch , 11.5 : 1 compression . ( Sold )

Quote Originally Posted by ZUK410 View Post
    Albert is not going to answer that , because there is no logical or reasonable explanation for it. And if he does , it means he will have to be a reasonable and honest person who is willing to explain.

I suspect that based on the mud flinging and name calling from Albert , an honest explanation is off the cards .
    i have not bothered to read through all the garbage! someone saw you coming and sold you a car with a buggered motor. do not because you are pissed with someone else try and pin it on me. as i implied! do not pursue this - i will have you up for defamation! any idiot can see that damage is way older than 1 week!
    you are damaging my business reputation after i bent over backwards trying to assist moving other jobs out of the way to accommodate you. if my guys did slip up with the grocery list, i offered to come to the party. if you have no evidence that the damage was done do to negligence on my part, lay off it! you still owe me a turbo!!!!

Land Rovers never die, they simply become organ donors!

Quote Originally Posted by ZUK410 View Post
    That statement in bold is something that we hear very often , as i work in a dealership myself . Sometimes it is justified , sometimes not , but we have to be transparent about it . We also investigate each claim and to be honest , find many times we are at fault , which means we have to sort it out . No workshop or business will be exempt from making mistakes .

Just this morning we pulled out a fuel pump that we picked up on diagnostics , quoted a customer and fitted which didn't fix the problem .

We pulled it out because we want to maintain a relationship with the customer based on respect and trust . Yes we cant send the fuel pump back to the factory because its full of fuel and now we have to take a knock , but that technician will be more careful in the future , and in turn we can improve our service to the customers .

I am not saying that we are the knights in shining armour , but it is what i have learnt from working in a respectable dealership for 12 years . I have been lucky to have been exposed to how a customer should be treated to maintain the relationship going forward and keeping our doors open .

If you googled our dealership , you will find good and bad things , just like Landyluvver . Some justified and some not .

But , on topic for this particular thread ,

This particular incident is not right , handled well or been rectified with the customer leaving happy or with any resolve or explanation as to why there are invoiced parts that are as rusty as a sunken ship . It doesnt take '' half a brain " as Albert said to see that .
    you probably did not want to hear the but where i told you your motor is buggered and there is nothing more i can do and suggested a rebuild. you stated that you did not have the resources. sorry! if i'm honest, do not slay me for it!

Originally Posted by Skylark
    You haven't explained how the op was invoiced for new exhaust studs , manifold gasket , and skimmed manifold that was never done?

The one million dollar question...
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes.

That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to JCMostert For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Conbent View Post
    If I read the above correctly.. the car came in having overheated, Albert fits a new motor and does absolutely nothing about the viscous or the leaking radiator, yet admits right there that the previous motor cooked, so as far as I can tell by his own admission, quite happy for the Customer to go on his way, only to cook the next one.
    And then accuse you of mistreating it perhaps to blur outright shoddy workmanship and negligence?

I cannot help but surmise the workmanship is of such a poor standard that it would be best for the Indie that the car failed through known latent defect before one has a chance at real scrutiny.
    Not quite sure how to interpret his words...

In my personal experience, everything I wanted done wasn’t and everything not required.. was.
    And so now the bill is at a certain point and you now have to go through the motions to get what you originally wanted done at further cost.
    All I required was a thorough check through, and service.
    The motor was a Ford Essex in an old R6. I was told he pulled the motor?
    To apply copious amounts of silicon everywhere?
    But when asked on the condition of the clutch had no answer?

The so-called service was 15k and the payment thereof was akin to extortion.
    This on an old Ford motor.
    When checking, there wasn’t even Anti-freeze in the radiator nor had they changed the R 29.00 odd fuel-filter.
    On a 15 000 rand service?
    I was charged the price of a new Webber Carb and the one fitted was clearly 2nd hand.

In my opinion, this Indie is far more interested in what he can get away with on an Invoice, far more than any value proposition regarding work undertaken.
    After dealing with certain individuals one is left feeling dirty for years afterwards.
    the thermostat was stuck. the motor had overheated badly and after we spent good money redoing the heads, it became evident that the block would not take the torque required to hold the heads down. the threads stripped out. offered the customer the scenario that in my opinion it is not worth throwing good money after a block that overheated to that extent as anyone having worked on Rover V8's would attest. i offer him the motor out of my car which i knew was a beaut and went well. we test drove the car and there were absolutely no signs of any overheating or water leaks. car goes out and then the customer "mentions" a water leak some time after. i will not hide behind not replacing defective components but do not insult me. if your radiator starts leaking well after it left my premises, grow up. if you viscous fan packs up after leaving my premises, grow up. i always ask myself - if the car went to Land Rover and they insist on replacing everything and whack you with a bill of R100 000, are you going to be happy or are you going to as a car owner carry some risks on old components to make the repair "reasonable?" i will never sell MY engine to a customer ever again for R15k!!!!! i screwed myself!

Quote Originally Posted by Landyluvver View Post
    i screwed myself!
    Yes, maybe, but why charge your client for something you allegedly did not replace, or am I misreading this again??
    Every dog has its day, and those with broken tails have their weak-ends...

1976 CJ-7, 400CI + Holley EFI, Tera-Low 3,15:1 twin stick, ARB's front & rear, oil leaks & plenty more....

All my other petrol burners are boring....

15. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Marcochezzi For This Useful Post:

It seems when you are economical with the repairs as well as the facts they tend to blur into one.
    Was I sold a motor for 15k?
    I thought it went in for a service.
    Mine a V6 not a V8
    I never received a motor, not for any money, but I did end up feeling royally screwed.
    But it does seem I got off lightly.

Never again.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcochezzi View Post
    Yes, maybe, but why charge your client for something you allegedly did not replace, or am I misreading this again??
    Would be interesting to see the explanation.
    Jeep Wrangler TJ
    Volvo XC60
    Amarok AWD

OMG, remind me never to go near that workshop!!!

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ian T For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by JCMostert View Post
    Originally Posted by Skylark
    You haven't explained how the op was invoiced for new exhaust studs , manifold gasket , and skimmed manifold that was never done?

The one million dollar question...
    It will never the answered...

If you ignore it long enough it will go away by itself
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

Quote Originally Posted by Skylark View Post
    My experiences with service providers of whom some people report having good work done and others an absolute nightmare, is that they normally have a limited skillset but still take on work that is well out of their scope of expertise or tooling.

That results in a situation where customers who were lucky enough to need a repair that the workshop is competent in will generally have a good experience and will defend it as being so. But other people who aren't as lucky will have their equipment trashed, be left with a huge headache and the necessity to take the item elsewhere to have the botched job redone. Only problem is by that stage due to the calamitous work done the cost is often significantly inflated over that which was originally required, in some cases near to write off.

If that is the case it can't be honest for a service provider to take on work which they have little hope of being able to satisfactorily complete, especially considering that by doing so it can potentially leave the customer deeply out of pocket, maybe even financially ruined.
    I like this explanation.
    Jeep Wrangler TJ
    Volvo XC60
    Amarok AWD

22. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jeanvn For This Useful Post:

ZUK/Albert......any way that you guys could maybe contact each other and try get to a sort of agreement??

Financially I mean, I dont think either of you are in the mood for a repair thing again - so leave the vehicle out of the discussions.

??
    Of COURSE I have a Bad Habit. I take Tea at Three (Mick Jagger)

Quote Originally Posted by Oppies3800 View Post
    It will never the answered...

If you ignore it long enough it will go away by itself

Sometimes it does but until it is answered it makes the workshop look guilty in this instance, sorry
    Audi A6 Avant Quattro V6 tdi ( Sold )
    VW Touareg V6 tdi ( sadly written off )
    2 x Toyota Celica GT4 Gen 6 (Sold) sadly missed
    2 x Toyota Celica Gen. 5 ( Sold ) not missed as much as the above.

25. The Following User Says Thank You to meh For This Useful Post:

Post 15 in this Thread is a VERY interesting one..............

https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...and-glow-plugs

Posted 21/06 by "New Landy"

Unless of course when the old ones were removed they did not break and pieces fell into the cylinder?
    Last edited by Petri Oosthuizen; 2018/07/06 at 04:24 PM.

Another interesting Post by OP............https://www.4x4community.co.za/forum...of-power/page2

Post 28...........

So I have the car back from LandyLuvver and let me say this..

Albert is a proper good chap ! He replaced the VGT turbo with a stock reconditioned one , copper washers , injector seals , new downpipe , remap of the ecu to suit the stock turbo.

He also replaced some stuff for free , like the inlet hose into the turbo and a new breather pipe. My experience with Albert has been a fantastic one !

Definitely very happy with the way the car is going .

I would recommend taking your car to Albert if you are looking for some good , honest repairs. He knows his stuff and allowed me to come fetch the car at 15h30 on a Saturday afternoon.

Hopefully this will be the last of me posting for a while haha !
    Last edited by Petri Oosthuizen; 2018/07/06 at 04:28 PM.

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast