Camping solar solution - Sunbusters

Default Camping solar solution - Sunbusters

Just a bit of credit where it's due.

i've been considering solar as a camping power solution for a while now and I had been in touch with Geoff Vickerstaff a few times for advice. I finally decided to get it done and approached Geoff once more. He held his original quote prices, confirmed what I needed (and no more), and got his partner, Karl, onto it immediately. Karl personally delivered the final set up - two 90 watt panels with all the cabling and the regulator etc and checked that it was all working as promised. It really is well put together and looks the business.

We've just returned from a week at Matamba in Mara's camp with a big party all reliant on us for their power and recharging needs. The solar set up worked perfectly and without a hitch. In fact we had an abundance of charge all the time. We had to power a National Luna Weekender fridge freezer (opened and closed a lot), all the lights and all the recharging.

Geoff and Karl are now operating as Sunbusters (Geoff was previously with Plan My Power). I was very happy with the entire transaction and the service received; certainly get my recommendation.
    Land Rover Defender 90, 2014 Jurgens Xcape & my wife in a Freelander 2.
    Previously various Defenders, a Freelander 1 & an Afrispoor Mongoose
    BMW R1200GS for when 2 wheels are better.

Default Re: Camping solar solution - Sunbusters

I've now also been in touch to get a small inverter for those few instances where 220v is critical, or at least useful. Same response, same good advice, same great pricing.
    Land Rover Defender 90, 2014 Jurgens Xcape & my wife in a Freelander 2.
    Previously various Defenders, a Freelander 1 & an Afrispoor Mongoose
    BMW R1200GS for when 2 wheels are better.