The truth about snowmaster - Page 4

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Default Re: The truth about snowmaster

I went to makro today to buy some leather care for my fortuner and while passing the camping section noticed a special on a Snomaster expedition 95l s/s with bag and remote for R7999-00 So yes bought the very last one---merry Christmas to me from me It has a 7 year warranty on the compressor and as I see, it has a 66w snomaster compressor and not a danfos.
    Toyota Fortuner D-4D 4x4 AT---My "speed control en navigasie "sisteem is al oor die 50 jaar oud!Ham Call ZS1SSM

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Mark Sanderson For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Sanderson View Post
    I went to makro today to buy some leather care for my fortuner and while passing the camping section noticed a special on a Snomaster expedition 95l s/s with bag and remote for R7999-00 So yes bought the very last one---merry Christmas to me from me It has a 7 year warranty on the compressor and as I see, it has a 66w snomaster compressor and not a danfos.
    Wow, that's a great price.

I have that same one, becareful about getting moisture in the light,,, this thing will beep endlessly.. Only way to stop it is remove and unplug the light... Other than that it's a pretty good fridge n freezer, been all over with us and when not traveling has a place in the kitchen works really well

Quote Originally Posted by Dudleytheplumber View Post
    I have that same one, becareful about getting moisture in the light,,, this thing will beep endlessly.. Only way to stop it is remove and unplug the light... Other than that it's a pretty good fridge n freezer, been all over with us and when not traveling has a place in the kitchen works really well
    What can happen in moisture gets into the light---will rtv help ??
    Toyota Fortuner D-4D 4x4 AT---My "speed control en navigasie "sisteem is al oor die 50 jaar oud!Ham Call ZS1SSM

Ok--my second day with the snomaster---Great performance from 2x102 batteries and 2x100w solar panels--Only thing that I`m not satisfied with is that the voltage display and voltage cut off setting---tested the input voltage to the fridge and it measured 13.9v display shows 12v--I have set the cut off at 10v on the fridge--at 11.9v supply to the fridge it cuts out (display 10v)---Anyone out there that tested their unit with same results---How do I rectify this ------Cheers

---tested the input voltage to the fridge and it measured 13.9v display shows 12v--I have set the cut off at 10v on the fridge--at 11.9v supply to the fridge it cuts out (display 10v)---Anyone out there that tested their unit with same results---How do I rectify this ------Cheers
    Please indicate where exactly did you take the measurement - there could be significant voltage drop from the point where you are measuring to the inside of the fridge electrickery.
    Last edited by Dungbeetle; 2019/09/25 at 09:32 AM.
    Rudolf Ras
    Donít blame yourself over past mistakes. Itís like driving down the N1 while looking in the rear view mirror only.

2000 Patrol GU 4.2D(onkey) "old-timer" and wise at 853 000 km
    2014 Patrol GU 3.0CRD "teenager" in puberty at 117 000 km
    2007 Echo3 Trailer "the nest" Braked Axle fitted at +60 000 km
    2012 NP300 YD2.5 D/C 2x4 High Rider "platkar" at 124 000 km

Quote Originally Posted by Luka View Post
    Just had some excellent after sales service (2013 fridge remote) from Pierre and the guys. Thanks!
    I upgraded the remote controller but have been struggling to connect it to the fridge. Drove to Snowmaster yesterday for help. Again, excellent service from them. They replaced the fridge controller, and wallah! Works perfect!
    One of the stupid mistakes in life is to underestimate peoples level of stupidity!

As above Geertsema

9. The Following User Says Thank You to Luka For This Useful Post:

After a few weeks running the 95l expedition with no problems I noticed that if the compressor switches off there is a bubbling sound coming from the fridge---is this normal As soon as the compressor starts up the sound is gone.CheersMark

After a few weeks running the 95l expedition with no problems I noticed that if the compressor switches off there is a bubbling sound coming from the fridge---is this normal As soon as the compressor starts up the sound is gone.CheersMark
    It's the liquid gas settling down, no problem.
    Robert

'98 Isuzu 280 DT D/C 4x4, home made roof rack
    '09 VW Caddy Maxi TDi
    '06 Citroen C3 1.4HDi8)
    '97 Isuzu 280 S/C plaasbakkie

12. The Following User Says Thank You to Tweeling For This Useful Post:

Any opinions / comments on this unit please?
    Snowmaster 60 Litre 220V Fridge/Freezer

Quote Originally Posted by PieterOos View Post
    Any opinions / comments on this unit please?
    Snowmaster 60 Litre 220V Fridge/Freezer
    It is a great fridge for a great price ....... but

it will only be suitable for camping if you have 220V available wherever you go. The lack of a 12V/220V compressor is what makes the price so good.
    Stranger

Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

Thanks Stranger - I am looking for 12v/220v, but missed it on this model! (Concentrate PO!)

Camping fridge options has to be the most frustrating thing. I had a really good NL 40 L that I got when I bought the first PAJ. Only problem was it was 5mm too wide for the slide in the drawer system. Always ended up hooking an edge or lip. Nothing I did made it fit, so I had to sell it. The CF50 worked very well for me but you have the freezer/fridge dilemma.

The trailer offered me the chance to have a second fridge, although that also entailed a solar panel and aux battery in the trailer too.

Best options I have seen are bakkie based where you can have a big fridge freezer on a drop down slide, like those Aussie boys, but then those boys have custom campers instead of load beds. Too much moola.
    Stranger

Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

Quote Originally Posted by PieterOos View Post
    Thanks Stranger - I am looking for 12v/220v, but missed it on this model! (Concentrate PO!)
    Pieter, if you can wait a few days, you will get some REAL (I am talking about R thousands) Black Friday bargains directly from Snomaster in Meadowdale (close to ORT). You will be able to pick and choose and view all models. You will also be able to buy slightly damaged models. Only small problem is that they won't give you the price/discount before the time, but a visit will be well worth your time (since you are in Centurion)

We went early last year (opening time), which wasn't really necessary, since they seem to have endless stock. Parking was a bit crowded, but no ques and stampeding.

Thank me later

18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hatjohan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by hatjohan View Post
    Pieter, if you can wait a few days, you will get some REAL (I am talking about R thousands) Black Friday bargains directly from Snomaster in Meadowdale (close to ORT). You will be able to pick and choose and view all models. You will also be able to buy slightly damaged models. Only small problem is that they won't give you the price/discount before the time, but a visit will be well worth your time (since you are in Centurion)

Thank me later
    This!
    One of the stupid mistakes in life is to underestimate peoples level of stupidity!

As above Geertsema

I hope this is not inappropriate to post here. If so please remove.

I am selling my Snomaster 85L 12v/220v Double Door Fridge Freeze for R6000.00

The unit is practically brand new, still in it's box and only been used twice (total of about 20 days). Comes with the transit bag, baskets, all cables and remote control. Reason for selling is because I have changed the setup in the back of my bakkie and needed to go with a smaller fridge.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190923_152528_9.jpg 
Views:	303 
Size:	267.6 KB 
ID:	545123Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20190923_152622_5.jpg 
Views:	283 
Size:	189.2 KB 
ID:	545124
    Last edited by Mosasa; 2019/11/05 at 02:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by deanversfeld View Post
    Craig, I bought this some time back on Takealot for R7499 when they have specials now and again, bait and beers are very happy for it!
    https://www.takealot.com/snomaster-6...l/PLID30686815
    4x4 maak vir Gansbaai lekker!!

I have this exact unit, really a game changer in the bush.. Except l paid R9999. 00
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosasa View Post

The unit is practically brand new, still in it's box and only been used twice (total of about 20 days). Comes with the transit bag, baskets, all cables and remote control. Reason for selling is because I have changed the setup in the back of my bakkie and needed to go with a smaller fridge.

PM sent
    Quote Originally Posted by Mosasa View Post

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast