The truth about snowmaster

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Default The truth about snowmaster

http://4xoverland.com/12v-fridge-freezer-buyer-guide/

12v SnoMaster Compressor was launched. The BD/C-40,60 & 80 were the first fridges to have this compressor installed and has not stopped flying off the shelves.

SnoMaster produced the first 12V Compressor way back in 2000 and has since been the leader in in producing and supplying various fridge/freezer and beverage coolers for both your indoor and outdoor needs. So what’s the difference between a 12V and 220V compressor you may ask? We decided to break it down and supply you with the basic info to help you choose the right unit for your requirements.

Why choose a 12V Compressor
    A 12V Compressor is the answer if you want a unit that can be used outdoors, off-roading and camping. It is designed to withstand the rigors of movement as well as having a low-power consumption (meaning it will last longer on each charge or battery.
    Why Choose a 220V Compressor
    220V units are made to run when stationary, like when parked on your tiled floor. The compressor is suspended accordingly, in quite a loose fashion. Put this in a vehicle on a corrugated off-road and, probably sooner than later, the unit’s compressor will spring a leak
    Can’t I use an Inverter?
    Many will say that an inverter with a 220V unit is not the answer; however if you want to go this route make sure you buy a large enough inverter. We won’t recommend anything below 1000W. Your inverter also needs to be “pure sign wave” and not modified sign wave. The modified sign wave inverter can damage a compressor in the medium term.
    Shanghai Coolstar Industries Co., Ltd.
    Constructed for tough use in South Africa, SnoMaster fridges and freezers from Johannesburg, are unique to the market in many respects. As a family-owned business,

While the development of the SnoMaster fridges took place in South Africa, production has been relocated to a SnoMaster factory in China. This means that the fridges can be produced in larger quantities with the same quality and also at a more attractive price.

Snomaster entered into a joint Venture with Baixue in 2002, a reputable Chines
    government owned compressor manufacture based in China. They manufacture over
    varies high quality compressors, every year. Snomaster developed the 66 watt
    12/24 volt DC Compressor with Baixue for the South African and Australian market,
    taking into consideration their varying conditions. The design has been based on a similar
    specification

s to that of the original Danfoss compressor, but with more cooling capacity.

Danfoss is a well-known compressor manufacturer but with very little back up locally
    . The
    replacement parts very expensive and they have limited cooling capacity.
    Their popularity is decreasing due to price, availability as well as the name change to
    Sabcob. The name change has co-inside with the units being manufacturing in China,
    rather than Germany.
    SnoMaster is a South African company. Their products are made in China. For the most part they are excellent value for money.
    • Best current draw ±2.8 amps @ 12.8 volts. Excellent.
    • ±60mm insulation. The best next to National Luna..
    • Very easy to adjust settings. Unlikely to be readjusted ‘accidentally’.
    • Time to freeze from turn-on: I would say in the middle of the group.
    • No removable lid. LED light.
    • Two baskets and very practical.
    • Compact; about the same size as the Nat Luna.
    • Optional remote temperature indicator is very nice.
    • Most models have a remote control thermometer/controller that plugs into the cigarette lighter socket.
    • Designed in South Africa, built in China in their own factory.
    • Snomaster is I think the best value for money of all 12V fridge/freezers made anywhere.
    • Available in Germany, South Africa, Australia and North America.

So Danfoss is not the best anymore makes me think about my NL.
    Snowmaster has a Chinese compressor
    Bought a Dometic because it were on special and cheap
    It seems you have a better fridge than mine

2. The Following User Says Thank You to bertus For This Useful Post:

Default Re: The truth about snowmaster

I suppose those who for many years has had Danfoss and Engel compressors keeping their camping stuff cold are sitting on their hands on this promotional article.
    Youth is such a wonderful thing - what a pity it is being wasted on the young.

4. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Poen For This Useful Post:

Snowmaster? Where is the fridge and freezer combo in the 50 - 60l range to compete with eg NL?

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Roadman For This Useful Post:

我不敢说屎
    Wǒ bù gǎn shuō shǐ

I am very happy with my NL and Waeco.
    Last edited by BruceHun; 2018/06/30 at 01:09 PM.
    2016 LC 200 VX, 2014 D4 SDV6 HSE(sold),2015 Suzuki Jimny, 2019 VW Tiguan 4mtion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), "A little Red Car", Swambo 2013 A3 Sportback Quattro, Bush Lapa Baobab 1873, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BruceHun For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Roadman View Post
    Snowmaster? Where is the fridge and freezer combo in the 50 - 60l range to compete with eg NL?
    I have a new 66L dual Snomaster. Very happy
    2000 Patrol GU 4.2D(onkey) beyond 830 000 km

Quote Originally Posted by Poen View Post
    I suppose those who for many years has had Danfoss and Engel compressors keeping their camping stuff cold are sitting on their hands on this promotional article.
    Luckily I know that Berus has no ties to Sno Master and his comparison to NL was just that, a comparison with one of the leading brands. He failed to mention the best part of Sno Master and that is their client service and back up. These guys are tops.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceHun View Post
    我不敢说屎
    Wǒ bù gǎn shuō shǐ

I am very happy with my NL and Waeco.
    我不敢说屎 or I dare not say is an appropriate response. This is not a slagging of any other brand but more of "There's a new kid on the block" and you can get spares and back up easily and affordably. I have two of their new generation units and believe me they are super.
    Henk
    Adventure is out there go find it

Fitment and trailer service. Agent for SnoMaster & Tentco
    Follow us on Facebook

11. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to hbannink For This Useful Post:

Well, started out with an Engel, then Minus40, then Campmaster, then Waeco and have now just bought a new Snomaster 75L single directly from Snomaster. Seem like a very nice helpful bunch at Snomaster.
    SOMETIMES I WAKE UP GRUMPY,
    SOMETIMES I JUST LET HER SLEEP!

Besides the new 66L dual oI also own a 10 year old 60L single. It became very inefficient a few weeks ago running all the time. Sent it to Bruce at Somaster. Replaced the Dryer and Re-gassed thr unit. R825.00 !!! Only. Me very very happy
    Last edited by Dungbeetle; 2018/07/01 at 06:34 PM.

My first Snomaster is 12 years old now, still running strong after many miles of offroading. Got the second one 7 years ago, same result.
    Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 Di-D 4x4 Auto with a Bush Lapa Miskruier (#30) following closely behind.
    In the process of going there and doing that.

How would you know your buy were the best buy. Facts are facts

Just had some excellent after sales service (2013 fridge remote) from Pierre and the guys. Thanks!
    One of the stupid mistakes in life is to underestimate peoples level of stupidity!

17. The Following User Says Thank You to Luka For This Useful Post:

I have an ice machine from Snomaster , it stopped working I called them the next day their guy arrives and it is now working no charge I thought that was great service

19. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to BomberH For This Useful Post:

The only Snomaster I have is the double door bar fridge I just got yesterday. By far the best product compared to similar options.
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    The only Snomaster I have is the double door bar fridge I just got yesterday. By far the best product compared to similar options.
    Sure and this after only one day! 🤪

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to TRON For This Useful Post:

My 5 year old Snomaster fridge ( out of guarantee) died on me in Kgalagadi last month. Compressor died leaving me with a quoted repair bill of R 4200.

So I pleaded my case with Pierre of Snomaster not expecting much since I recently had a similar session with Defy who refused to repair a hob ( still under guarantee) because of insect infestation (which still baffle me).

I was very surprised to get a positive response from him the very next day. He graciously agreed to repair it under guarantee. (bearing in mind that the guarantee on this model is long gone)

This was a very pleasant surprise since these days not very many companies back their products, especially wan out of guarantee.
    Snomaster is certainly serious about their brand and customer service.

Well done Pierre & your team ! You have my support !

24. The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to TheoP For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TheoP View Post
    My 5 year old Snomaster fridge ( out of guarantee) died on me in Kgalagadi last month. Compressor died leaving me with a quoted repair bill of R 4200.

So I pleaded my case with Pierre of Snomaster not expecting much since I recently had a similar session with Defy who refused to repair a hob ( still under guarantee) because of insect infestation (which still baffle me).

I was very surprised to get a positive response from him the very next day. He graciously agreed to repair it under guarantee. (bearing in mind that the guarantee on this model is long gone)

This was a very pleasant surprise since these days not very many companies back their products, especially wan out of guarantee.
    Snomaster is certainly serious about their brand and customer service.

Well done Pierre & your team ! You have my support !
    This is probably why they decided to repair it :

12/220 Volt Fridge / Freezer units

• 3 year warranty on product
    • 7 year warranty on Snomaster 66watt compressor.......
    2000 Patrol GU 4.2D(onkey) beyond 830 000 km

A refreshing read as I am in the market for a camp fridge/freezer!

Thanks for the very useful info!

27. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Craig Van der Poll For This Useful Post:

Self deleted
    Last edited by Luka; 2019/09/06 at 01:08 PM.
    One of the stupid mistakes in life is to underestimate peoples level of stupidity!

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Van der Poll View Post

But keep your eyes open, they very often have special sales, and I mean special. Enjoy your Snomaster to be

30. The Following User Says Thank You to hatjohan For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Craig Van der Poll View Post

Craig, I bought this some time back on Takealot for R7499 when they have specials now and again, bait and beers are very happy for it!
    https://www.takealot.com/snomaster-6...l/PLID30686815
    2015 Amarok highline 2.0 bi-turbo 4motion

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast