VW Arteon - Page 3





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 55 of 55

Thread: VW Arteon

  1. #41
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Robertson/ Larissa, Greece
    Age
    56
    Posts
    5,017

    Default Re: VW Arteon

    Quote Originally Posted by PieterOos View Post
    26 units for Sept.
    As a halo car, not bad
    We can't change the wind but we can set our sails

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,020

    Default Re: VW Arteon

    https://www.carmag.co.za/news/indust...-south-africa/

    Volkswagen South Africa has confirmed it has removed the TDI variants from its Arteon range due to “low customer interest”.Speaking to CARmag.co.za, the local arm of the Wolfsburg-based firm confirmed its decision to discontinue the turbodiesel derivatives, leaving just a single TSI variant in the line-up.
    “The Arteon TDI derivative has been discontinued owing to low customer interest in South Africa,” VW SA told us.
    .
    .
    .

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vanderbijlpark
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,402

    Default Re: VW Arteon

    Excellent, that car should only be sold with the 2.0TSI engine.

    I see very few of them on the road, and fear it may also get the chop, as has happened to the Passat.

    Still one of the most striking cars on the road.

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Windhoek
    Age
    37
    Posts
    6,540

    Default Re: VW Arteon

    Quote Originally Posted by clubbie View Post
    Excellent, that car should only be sold with the 2.0TSI engine.

    I see very few of them on the road, and fear it may also get the chop, as has happened to the Passat.

    Still one of the most striking cars on the road.
    Ja, brand snobbishness

    It is an amazing car!!! And very striking. Compared to Merc C class and BMW 3 series it is miles ahead. It should actually be compared to the E and 5 series (size) but they are in a different price league.

    If I was VW, I would slap an Audi badge on there and it will SELL
    VW Touareg V6 Tdi Escape
    Bush Lapa Boskriek 816

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    53
    Posts
    2,020

    Default Re: VW Arteon

    Quote Originally Posted by clubbie View Post
    Excellent, that car should only be sold with the 2.0TSI engine.

    I see very few of them on the road, and fear it may also get the chop, as has happened to the Passat.

    Still one of the most striking cars on the road.
    I agree. 15 units sold in July

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Benoni
    Age
    44
    Posts
    947

    Default Re: VW Arteon

    Quote Originally Posted by Nys View Post
    Ja, brand snobbishness

    It is an amazing car!!! And very striking. Compared to Merc C class and BMW 3 series it is miles ahead. It should actually be compared to the E and 5 series (size) but they are in a different price league.

    If I was VW, I would slap an Audi badge on there and it will SELL
    Its already been decided that its SWAMBO's next car. Her current CC needs to do duty for another year or two while the second hand prices drop a bit more.
    2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car


  7. #47
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    George
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,150

    Default Re: VW Arteon

    The Aerton lacks a halo model. They need something that can toast a Golf R in a drag race. Without it, people just forget about it as an option.
    Tyrannosaurus R5 and a second hand British Tata
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beFree View Post
    Jan your signature says it all

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Benoni
    Age
    44
    Posts
    947

    Default Re: VW Arteon

    Quote Originally Posted by JanB View Post
    The Aerton lacks a halo model. They need something that can toast a Golf R in a drag race. Without it, people just forget about it as an option.
    I dont agree, its not targeted at the Golf R/S3 market segment so outright performance is not the selling point. Its aimed at someone that's looking at the mid size saloon segment but does want be yet another mid level manager in a sea of 3 series BMW's. Its purpose is never to be a volume seller but to add prestige to the rest of the range
    2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car


  9. #49
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Brits
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,066

    Default Re: VW Arteon

    Quote Originally Posted by JanB View Post
    The Aerton lacks a halo model. They need something that can toast a Golf R in a drag race. Without it, people just forget about it as an option.
    Apart from that, there is basically no advertising done on this model.
    Renault Duster 1.5Dci 4WD

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,841

    Default Re: VW Arteon

    Because VW isn't seen as a premium brand.

    For the price people will rather buy Audi, Merc, BMW etc.
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    32
    Posts
    1,126

    Default Re: VW Arteon

    Quote Originally Posted by Nys View Post
    Ja, brand snobbishness

    It is an amazing car!!! And very striking. Compared to Merc C class and BMW 3 series it is miles ahead. It should actually be compared to the E and 5 series (size) but they are in a different price league.

    If I was VW, I would slap an Audi badge on there and it will SELL
    They do, but it’s called an A5

  12. #52
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Location
    Benoni
    Age
    44
    Posts
    947

    Default Re: VW Arteon

    Quote Originally Posted by RPiet View Post
    They do, but it’s called an A5
    and its ugly
    2012 Q7 4.2 TDI
    Birkin SR20VET race car


  13. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    George
    Age
    44
    Posts
    2,150

    Default Re: VW Arteon

    Quote Originally Posted by mullerza View Post
    I dont agree, its not targeted at the Golf R/S3 market segment so outright performance is not the selling point. Its aimed at someone that's looking at the mid size saloon segment but does want be yet another mid level manager in a sea of 3 series BMW's. Its purpose is never to be a volume seller but to add prestige to the rest of the range
    You can choose a different spec to make it stand out, but you need something to make it exciting. Something that, if you see an Aerton up ahead on the road, you want to get closer to see if it is not perhaps a Gti/R/M/AMG/etc. Otherwise it is just a modern Camry and in 10 years everyone who owned one will be too ashamed to admit it.
    Tyrannosaurus R5 and a second hand British Tata
    Quote Originally Posted by 2beFree View Post
    Jan your signature says it all

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Ezulwini Eswatini
    Posts
    1,561

    Default Re: VW Arteon

    I sat in one once at the dealer, very low down and a quite uncomfortable getting out of the driver's seat, I guess after driving an SUV for some time you notice these small comforts

    2011 VW Touareg V.8 TDI
    2006 VW Touareg 3.0 TDi air suspension aka Pumba ( sold)
    2003 Pajero IO 2.0 aka Bosvark

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vanderbijlpark
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,402

    Default Re: VW Arteon

    Quote Originally Posted by Karol View Post
    I sat in one once at the dealer, very low down and a quite uncomfortable getting out of the driver's seat, I guess after driving an SUV for some time you notice these small comforts
    I have a 5 series BMW, and compare to it, the Arteon was difficult to get in and out of. It is as if the side sill is a lot lower than my car, and the roof line also plays a role in that.

    Love the seating position though.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •