Visa for entry into Tanznia

Question Visa for entry into Tanznia

Hope I have got the right thread... I have been told that we can only get a single entry tourist visa for Tanzania from Australia which is fine but we are planning a trip to Malawi in the middle of our travels.

Is it easy to get another visa at the land border when we re-enter Tanzania from Malawi?

Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Default Re: Visa for entry into Tanznia

For sure, you will be able to get another visa if you re-enter TZ by land from Malawi at Songwe border.

They used to charge in US dollars for the visa, so maybe wise to keep a little stash.

Cheers

Totally off topic:

There are three payment categories for visa applications at the Tanzanian entry points :

One group, mostly African countries : No fee

The second group, including South Africa and the rest of the world: US $50

and then there are two countries whose passport holders have to pay US $200: Pakistan , which you sort of can understand as they have a bit of a reputation and then also Ireland. I tried to figure out why Ireland, but could not find out what the Irish did to Tanzania to be in the same camp as Pakistan.

Quote Originally Posted by Merwe Erasmus View Post
    Totally off topic:

There are three payment categories for visa applications at the Tanzanian entry points :

One group, mostly African countries : No fee

The second group, including South Africa and the rest of the world: US $50

and then there are two countries whose passport holders have to pay US $200: Pakistan , which you sort of can understand as they have a bit of a reputation and then also Ireland. I tried to figure out why Ireland, but could not find out what the Irish did to Tanzania to be in the same camp as Pakistan.
    Just to correct this slightly. USA Passport holders are charged $100 USD. I believe Ireland is also $100.

When I crossed at Songwe last year, fees were in USD.
    Last edited by worldofinflation; 2018/06/13 at 01:08 AM.