Hoedspruit to graskop via mariepskop pass.

Default Hoedspruit to graskop via mariepskop pass.

Good evening all.

Me and one of my friends is planning a trip from hoedspruit up to mariepskop pass to the radio tower station and will be moving south below the cliffs of Gods window all the way to graskop and then wil move over to orig stad.

Anyone done this before and any secrets hidden along the way? That we can go explore??
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Default Re: Hoedspruit to graskop via mariepskop pass.

Yes I have. No secrets.
    Don't feed the monkeys!

Default Re: Hoedspruit to graskop via mariepskop pass.

The road up Mariepskop below the Rohrbeck Road (cement) is rough nowadays, did it last year. I've last driven your blue route south of Mariepskop (formerly known as the Watt Scenic Road) to Graskop in 2011 and it was rough; it seemed like no maintenance was done for years but in a 4x4 it will be a nice adventure (I did it in an Almera). You get close to the indigenous forest edge at Welgevonden Forest Station; there are some lovely pools in the crystal clear forest streams but it will be 'leeu koud' to swim there in winter. There is some spectacular scenery with the escarpment always looming over you towards the west, but there is also a lot of horrific erosion due to sloppy forestry practices in the past. Be careful where you stop and if you plan to leave the car for a time, park it inconspicuously or at a forestry station as that area really is a patch of deepest, darkest Africa... Go for it, and please report back with pics!
    2001 Gen 3 Pajero swb 3.2 Di-D

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Jens78 For This Useful Post:

Thumbs up Re: Hoedspruit to graskop via mariepskop pass.

Thank you verry much.. yes know its in a rural area. And will be a day drive only. As for erosion/ bad maintainance of the roads it wont be to much a problem as we really looking for a adventure. Haha tnx if it was wad then it would be perfect now

Vehicles to be used below
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20180521-WA0053.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	130.3 KB 
ID:	491253   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20180607-WA0030.jpg 
Views:	54 
Size:	78.8 KB 
ID:	491254