Proper "pikstel" (SADF / army cutlery kit) - where to buy? - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Proper "pikstel" (SADF / army cutlery kit) - where to buy?

I have about 8 of those real ARMY pikstelle, we used them for camping before buying a cutlery set (with steak knives and teaspoons) that comes in a roll-up kit. The army sets are just stored in the garage now.

You can have what I have at R50 per set. I paid about R60 per set some time ago. But if will have to be this week, I an taking Americans first to Cape Town, then to Botswana for anther week. I will only be back in Jhb again after the 5th July.

PM me if you are interested.
    Last edited by mvcoller; 2018/06/11 at 01:50 PM.
    Malcolm van Coller - retired but remained living in Johannesburg (love it here, can find everything you want and need here in Jhb)
    2011 Nissan Pathfinder 2,5 CDi LE Manual (Standard Traction Control plus Front Diff Locker)
    2008 Nissan Patrol 3.0 TDi GL (Packing system, 60lt water tank, std rear locker, LOKKA on front, two 105ah aux batteries on NL system, larger Cirrus intercooler, complete 76mm exhaust system)
    2003 Bushwakka Shorti (extra luggage space for customers on when on safari (with 160 H/Moon Star Gazer RTT and 100lt water tanks)
    Ex 1999 Nissan Terrano 2.7 TDi (Limited Slip Diffs Front and Rear) with Jurgens RTT for Guiding trips
    Ex 2011 Conqueror Supra II for personal camping
    Ex 1995 GQ Patrol GLX 3 speed Auto (disaster that box was!) - Lexus V8 transplant
    Ex 1984 Nissan Safari (Poelies Vehn) 2.8 Stationwagon with 5 speed conversion, rusted like it was paid to rust!
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec
    Ex 1994 Venture 2200 with lock diff (Company vehicle) that whet my appetite for overlanding.
    Many 4x4s in National Service (Landies, Jeeps, Willys, Bedfords, Unimogs and Buffels)

Smile Re: Proper "pikstel" (SADF / army cutlery kit) - where to buy?

I was at the Army Surplus shop in Visagie Str Pretoria on Saturday, and saw some there (used ones of course). They also had some real old dixies, varkpanne, waterbottles, and firebuckets, as well as the tin openers that we wore with our dog tags. The new versions of this stuff is not as good quality as the real "old" 2nd hand stuff, but one can always clean them up. They also have the Esbit stoves (newer slightly larger version, and fuel tablets. It was quite a trip down memory lane.......
    Hilux 2.8 GD6 Raider DC 4x4
    BushTech Canopy & Front Runner roof rack
    70L LR fuel tank, Dual Battery system
    Onca Front Bullbar & Rear bumpers & towbars
    SAC Uni Chip & 76mm exhaust (188KW)
    Suspension strengthened by Mikem, Conqueror Companion "boswa"

St

Still have a trenching tool that my late Dad used 1914 -1918 and a Turkish water bottle from the same time.Chocolate tins sent to the army , unopened. All the knives ,forks ,spoons from that period were stolen.

Mercenaries never die, they just go to hell to regroup.

Quote Originally Posted by EttiennedK View Post
    JEEEZ!!!! This thread brought back memories! My "balsak" is still lying in the attic as it was the day I "klaared out" in 1981 - mosdop, staaldak, 1x set of Boots jumping, grootsak, webbing, ammo pouches, dixies, fire-bucket, browns, die hele toetie!

Get rid of that stuff asap, Burn it.

I took the cutlery out and found I actually only have 7 complete sets, the 8th set has a knife and two forks!! Don't ask me how that happened... Maybe somewhere along the line it got mixed up with one of the friends we camped with's sets.

So, An3s, you have the first option. Climbing Turtle, you are second in line.
    Malcolm van Coller - retired but remained living in Johannesburg (love it here, can find everything you want and need here in Jhb)
    2011 Nissan Pathfinder 2,5 CDi LE Manual (Standard Traction Control plus Front Diff Locker)
    2008 Nissan Patrol 3.0 TDi GL (Packing system, 60lt water tank, std rear locker, LOKKA on front, two 105ah aux batteries on NL system, larger Cirrus intercooler, complete 76mm exhaust system)
    2003 Bushwakka Shorti (extra luggage space for customers on when on safari (with 160 H/Moon Star Gazer RTT and 100lt water tanks)
    Ex 1999 Nissan Terrano 2.7 TDi (Limited Slip Diffs Front and Rear) with Jurgens RTT for Guiding trips
    Ex 2011 Conqueror Supra II for personal camping
    Ex 1995 GQ Patrol GLX 3 speed Auto (disaster that box was!) - Lexus V8 transplant
    Ex 1984 Nissan Safari (Poelies Vehn) 2.8 Stationwagon with 5 speed conversion, rusted like it was paid to rust!
    Ex 1995 Sani 3.0 V6 Exec
    Ex 1994 Venture 2200 with lock diff (Company vehicle) that whet my appetite for overlanding.
    Many 4x4s in National Service (Landies, Jeeps, Willys, Bedfords, Unimogs and Buffels)

6. The Following User Says Thank You to mvcoller For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by mvcoller View Post
    I have about 8 of those real ARMY pikstelle, we used them for camping before buying a cutlery set (with steak knives and teaspoons) that comes in a roll-up kit. The army sets are just stored in the garage now.

You can have what I have at R50 per set. I paid about R60 per set some time ago. But if will have to be this week, I an taking Americans first to Cape Town, then to Botswana for anther week. I will only be back in Jhb again after the 5th July.

PM me if you are interested.
    Many thanks, no rush, please keep a set for me! PM sent.
    Last edited by An3s; 2018/06/11 at 07:24 PM.
    ZS6VL

My set of "cutlery" issued to me in 1967.
    Unfortunately, I cannot find the fork!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180621_1137191.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	261.3 KB 
ID:	492492   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180621_1137192.jpg 
Views:	34 
Size:	211.9 KB 
ID:	492493   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180621_1137193.jpg 
Views:	36 
Size:	206.8 KB 
ID:	492494   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20180621_1137194.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	222.5 KB 
ID:	492495  
    Herman Meyer.

AG0017 ORRA AG38
    2014 Amarok DC 4Motion Auto ,
    2015-02-03: Bush Lapa Miskewer 394.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2