High Quality Seat Covers For Suzuki Jimny

Default High Quality Seat Covers For Suzuki Jimny

Good day all,

I recently purchased a newly secondhand Suziki Jimny 2015. So far i'm super chuffed. But after one trip a mates game farm I very quickly realized that I am going to need a decent set of seat covers. The zooks stock seats are made of very thin material and get dirty quite easily. Another thing that I have noticed, is that if I put the back seats flat and pack ontop of them, the material gets damaged. In my case it was a gas bottle.

So when growing up my dad always had Melville and Moon seat covers in all of his vehicles. They where super durable and lasted many many years. So naturally im tempted to just go and get a set of the best. However I see a full set is R5300.00 which is rather steep. (however i'm willing to pay it, if the product is far superior)

While looking for alternatives I came across a lot of cheap nylon type stuff. My Father inlaw has these in his car and I absolutely hate them. You whole back is soaking wet (from sweat) after sitting in them for 10 minutes. I need them to be comfortable for long trips.

I have also seen that Escape Gear have a more affordable (R4600.00) set available which looks very similar to the M&M set. However I have not had any experience with these.

I would love to know from some people with some experience & preferably years of use what their thoughts and recommendations are. Maybe there are cheaper equivalent items out there that would allow some spare moneys to be spent on some skid plates etc .

Links:

Last edited by Zapnologica; 2018/06/03 at 07:09 PM.

Default Re: High Quality Seat Covers For Suzuki Jimny

Quote Originally Posted by Zapnologica View Post
    Good day all,

I recently purchased a newly secondhand Suziki Jimny 2015. So far i'm super chuffed. But after one trip a mates game farm I very quickly realized that I am going to need a decent set of seat covers. The zooks stock seats are made of very thin material and get dirty quite easily. Another thing that I have noticed, is that if I put the back seats flat and pack ontop of them, the material gets damaged. In my case it was a gas bottle.

So when growing up my dad always had Melville and Moon seat covers in all of his vehicles. They where super durable and lasted many many years. So naturally im tempted to just go and get a set of the best. However I see a full set is R5300.00 which is rather steep. (however i'm willing to pay it, if the product is far superior)

While looking for alternatives I came across a lot of cheap nylon type stuff. My Father inlaw has these in his car and I absolutely hate them. You whole back is soaking wet after sitting gin them fro 10 minutes. I need them to be comfortable for long trips.

I have also seen that Escape Gear have a more affordable R4600.00) set available which looks very similar to the M&M set. However I have not had any experience with these.

I would love to know from some people with some experience & preferably years of use what their thoughts and recommendations are. Maybe there are cheaper equivalent items out there that would allow some spare moneys to be spent on some skid plates etc .

Links:

We have the escape gear ones for just over 5 years and no complaints, was a pleasure to purchase good customer relations. Have no experience with M and M.
    2011 Suzuki Jimny, Rocksliders (Bluerocket), Underbody protection (Stofpad), Roofrack (African Outback)
    Drawer System (self)

Escape Gear is probably be the best quality and best fitting ....

That said, I found the cheap seat covers from Outdoorwarehouse to be more "practical" ... those ropes to fit it looks sloppy .... but all the pockets are VERY handy in a 4x4 ....

PS - I had the Escape Gear covers in my Jimny

PPS - my standard advise to a new Jimny owner - read up on the correct tire pressures !

Have Escape seat covers for my Prado for over 4 years now. They have been excellent!

John

I had leather covers fitted before I took delivery in January.... Cost R7000 apparently can get cheaper... Very comfortable and strong

I dont have them in my vehicle, currently have EG fitted, but my next set will def be KINDO. I have seen the quality and looks very good and the price is much cheaper than any other I have seen around.

IE, for a SC they are R1700.00 (set) Double cab prob double.

www.kindo.co.za

I had those generic canvas type ones (from Game) in my Jimny and Escape Gear in my Defender. If I had to do it all over again I will buy Escape Gear.

No experience with M&M but doubt the extra money is justified. The Escape Gear set will last longer than I keep a car anyway.
    Dewald

+1 Escape.
    Excellent - and just handwashed mine.
    No problems.

ďAfrica changes you forever, like nowhere on earth. Once you have been there, you will never be the same." - Ernest Hemingway

Escape Gear.

Great service! And great product. Mine has been fitted for at least 4 years now, and NO problems.
    Thys de Wet
    Jimny 2009

Ek het nou klaar gewerk, maar ek weet nie of die bank daarvan gaan hou nie...

I have a 3.0l tdci Ford ranger that I use for construction. I get in and out of my car 20 times a day.

As it came with cloth seat covers I shopped around for durable canvas type ones... I bumped into a company called uthuli who custom made me covers with ripstop material.

They kinda stuffed me around a bit, but were very accommodating to give me a discount due to their misfortune regarding stock etc...

The service I received was good, the covers are still like new 3 years later, and they even asked if I wanted extra pockets and stuff.

Really would reccomend them

I'm another happy Escape Gear customer. Still have the same set in my FJ after 6 years now. Comforting to know that Escape Gear have lifetime warranty on panel replacements. Got them in my Jeep now as well.
    Ross