Wild camping in South Africa - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Wild camping in South Africa

Quote Originally Posted by Bushcrazy View Post
    Rustic Wild Camping is available in the Kruger National Park via the SANParks Honorary Rangers of which I am a member.

These camping must not be confused with camping like the Bushveld camps and Rustic camping like Tsendze etc.

Camping is away from Mopani rest camp in the wild not accessible to normal visitors in a wilderness area, unfenced with a basic long drop and open air shower facilities.

Campers must be fully self-sufficient with camping gear (Preferably off road caravan or Bush Trailer) and 4x4. No water is available and campers must carry their own water, fire wood and prepare own meals.

Camping is over 4 days, 3 nights with a SANParks Honorary Ranger & 3 armed guides and can campers enjoy morning and afternoon walks with the guides and enjoy quality silent time around campfires at night.

You are welcome to send me a privatemessage if you need more information.
    Hello Bushcrazy
    I'm new to this site so not sure if this is a PM, as you requested, or not. I would appreciate contact details for the Kruger wild camp if you are able to supply. My wife and I are just about to book a trip to Kruger and would give almost anything to be able to camp outside the fence.
    Regards
    Rod Ward Able.
    Cell 0633356247

I have received a few PM’s but found it difficult to reply and not sure if myPM replies are received or not.
    Where I have received email addresses I have forward individual emails whichI am not sure if they are received because I haven’t received any feedbackafterwards.

Maybe it will be of interest if I reply in the thread so that everybody cansee.

Attached you will findinformation about the Kruger National Park (KNP) Rustic camping.

These camps are “marketed” bydifferent South African National Parks (SANParks) Honorary Ranger regions ofwhich I am a member of the Pretoria region.

Below is some camping datescurrently still available

Pretoria:

• 4 – 7 October 2018

Other:

• 21 – 24 June 2018
    • 28/6 -1/7/2018
    • 5 -8 July 2018
    • 2 -5 August 2018
    • 18 – 21 October 2018

As these camps or only available if 8 persons havebooked the camp, you are more than welcome to contact myself or Rinze Wouda (Asper the brochure) for specific dates and availability.

You are more than welcome to come and visit us at theInternational Ranger Day on 28 July 2018 at the Pretoria Botanical Gardens.

Blessings

Attached Files Attached Files

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bushcrazy For This Useful Post:

Another camp managed by the HR East Rand Region

The rates may have changed since the brochure was issued.
    Shaun is your man to call.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    BMW R1200GS & GSA

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to JohanMaree For This Useful Post:

not completely wild, but very close to it, we have a bushcamp on our farm in Tonteldoos, which is 35km west of Dullstroom set deep in a secluded valley, very scenic country, with ablutions and donkey for hot water, no eskom, and it is possible to make a single-party booking for the camp so as to completely enjoy the peace, quiet and solitude by oneself. whatsapp me on 0825791861 for more details. Its eminently affordable at R500 per weekend (2 nights) for the first one or two people, then R100pppn for any other folks in the single-party.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flatdog For This Useful Post:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3