Blackview rugged phone




Results 1 to 14 of 14
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    50
    Posts
    198
    Thanked: 39

    Default Blackview rugged phone

    Hi all

    Do anyone own a Blackview rugged phone (BV 6000 to 9000 pro).
    I am considering buying one but would like some feedback on pros or cons etc. about the phone.
    Good buy or not?

    Thank you.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    39
    Posts
    567
    Thanked: 188

    Default Re: Blackview rugged phone

    Are you looking to buy via gearbest?
    Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 DI-D 4x4
    BL925 - Ratel 4

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    50
    Posts
    198
    Thanked: 39

    Default Re: Blackview rugged phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie100 View Post
    Are you looking to buy via gearbest?
    No, through takealot, why do you ask?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Boland
    Age
    53
    Posts
    229
    Thanked: 89

    Default Re: Blackview rugged phone

    I have an Umi Zero (3+ years) and BV7000Pro. Outstanding service and longevity.
    Bought through Aliexpress.
    Also check www.geekbuying.com
    Rugged phones is rapidly becoming a Chinese niche market

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    39
    Posts
    567
    Thanked: 188

    Default Re: Blackview rugged phone

    Quote Originally Posted by MariusvdM View Post
    No, through takealot, why do you ask?
    might work out cheaper than takealot, and shipping was around 2 weeks for my friends BV9000 Pro

    Very nice feel to the phone and very fast

    https://www.gearbest.com/top-brands/...blackview.html
    Mitsubishi Triton 3.2 DI-D 4x4
    BL925 - Ratel 4

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Gaborone, Botswana
    Age
    55
    Posts
    4,433
    Thanked: 547

    Default Re: Blackview rugged phone

    There is an outlet in Somerset West. https://blackview.co.za/outlets/

    I also have my eye on a BV9000 Pro. US$299 at Banggood.

    .
    Last edited by KobusDJ; 2018/05/17 at 10:42 AM.
    Kobus

    HDJ81 VX

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    55
    Posts
    29,675
    Thanked: 6015

    Default Re: Blackview rugged phone

    I'll be buying one later this year. My MANN phone was liberated and is contributing to the RDP. I love the Chinese rugged phones: excellent value for money.
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP: SOLD

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    43
    Thanked: 73

    Default Re: Blackview rugged phone

    I've just taken delivery of a BV6000. It's a stunning phone. The processor works fast, battery time is great and other than the obvious tough exterior, it's loaded with all types of features, especially for the outdoors type people. BUT....... I'm not too excited about it. I actually dont have any real complaints except that I carry my phone in my shirt/breast pocket, and it's too bulky and heavy for that.
    so i'll be selling the phone soon.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Mosselbaai
    Age
    44
    Posts
    766
    Thanked: 82

    Default Re: Blackview rugged phone

    I bought the BV7000 Pro from Chinavasion.com, all included R3780, last year about this time. I can really recommend the phone. Tuff and durable. I have dropped it a good couple of times, still have the original screen protector on. Only negative things are the long tip of the charger on order to make it waterproof and no NFC. But I ordered a extra one from Rugged in SA. The camera isn't the best there are but the 9000 looks like they have improved a lot of things.

    No money for a real 4x4 so I pimped my
    2011 Volkswagen Transporter 2.0 BiTdi 132kw 4Motion DSG

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    55
    Posts
    29,675
    Thanked: 6015

    Default Re: Blackview rugged phone

    Quote Originally Posted by fortuna View Post
    I've just taken delivery of a BV6000. It's a stunning phone. The processor works fast, battery time is great and other than the obvious tough exterior, it's loaded with all types of features, especially for the outdoors type people. BUT....... I'm not too excited about it. I actually dont have any real complaints except that I carry my phone in my shirt/breast pocket, and it's too bulky and heavy for that.
    so i'll be selling the phone soon.
    pity you're not closer, how does R1,500 sound
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP: SOLD

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    41
    Thanked: 25

    Default Re: Blackview rugged phone

    We bought 10 for work a few months ago. They get used under rugged conditions propey. 2 have developed charging problems. The cable connects poorly and the charger port seems to be only able to accept a blackview cable. Still trying to find a fix for it because I am concerned the others are going to go down the same road

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    55
    Posts
    29,675
    Thanked: 6015

    Default Re: Blackview rugged phone

    Quote Originally Posted by Fishing1 View Post
    We bought 10 for work a few months ago. They get used under rugged conditions propey. 2 have developed charging problems. The cable connects poorly and the charger port seems to be only able to accept a blackview cable. Still trying to find a fix for it because I am concerned the others are going to go down the same road
    should be a standard mini USB connector

    most people abuse these charging ports and I find that Samsung develops EXACTLY the same problem
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Ela Diablo: Land Rover S2A 109 PUP: SOLD

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    43
    Thanked: 73

    Default Re: Blackview rugged phone

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    pity you're not closer, how does R1,500 sound

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Cape Town
    Posts
    41
    Thanked: 25

    Default Re: Blackview rugged phone

    Quote Originally Posted by jelo View Post
    should be a standard mini USB connector

    most people abuse these charging ports and I find that Samsung develops EXACTLY the same problem
    Its 'standard' but the hole is very small so your average cable doesnt fit in. You can file some of it away to make it fit. The old Samsung xcover had the same issue. I havent had it with any of my 3 though. Will see how they go they are literally a few months old and 2 have already given problems. Will try and send them back to the supplier.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •