Towing a beach buggy behind a 2017 Hilux.

Default Towing a beach buggy behind a 2017 Hilux.

When towing a trailer the lights work fine. When the Beach buggy with A frame is hooked up the lights of the hilux work fine but when the auto on lights of the hilux step in the buggy headlights come on and flicker when the indicator is used.

First time posting here. Trying to assist a neighbour.
    Luan
    (Ex)'04 Grand Cherokee Laredo (Ex 04 Grand Cherokee Laredo)

Default Re: Towing a beach buggy behind a 2017 Hilux.

Quote Originally Posted by Luan View Post
    When towing a trailer the lights work fine. When the Beach buggy with A frame is hooked up the lights of the hilux work fine but when the auto on lights of the hilux step in the buggy headlights come on and flicker when the indicator is used.

First time posting here. Trying to assist a neighbour.
    Ok, found a dodgy connection on the buggy. Sorted same and now the lights are working.
    Luan
    (Ex)'04 Grand Cherokee Laredo (Ex 04 Grand Cherokee Laredo)

Default Re: Towing a beach buggy behind a 2017 Hilux.

When I towed my beach buggy, I used a boat trailer light board, I found the beach buggy electrical system always problematic and gave me endless towing problems when connected to the Bakkie. But worked fine on their own battery??
    Current off-road vehicles: *** Greatfamily accommodation.. see facebook and airbnb.. Mkulu Kei /Wild Wind Ranch
    * 1978 Land-Cruiser HJ40 DIESEL P/U "SHREK", BFG 31x10.5 muds.
    * 1994 Land-Cruiser J70 DIESEL P/U, my truck recovery vehicle. 15000 warn winch. And 3.5ton hand winch. Back full of appropriate sized recovery gear. BFG31x10.5 muds.

* 2014 Land-Cruiser LX V8 76 DIESEL STATION WAGON, BFG's 285 all terrain. I have a spare 5000 warn winch I might fit.
    * 1988 HILUX TOYOTA 4x4 D/C, BFG all terrain.
    * 2011 HILUX 4X4 P/U, BFG 31x10.5 all terrain.
    * 1999 PAJERO 3.5 V6 Mitsubishi (sorry not a Toyota), BFG 31x10.5 all terrain.
    * 4x4 trailer, 1987, BFG all terrain. *GSA 1200 BMW ADVENTURE [liquid cooled} 2018, the closest motorbike to a land cruiser. AMassey Fergusson 375 tractor. Not BFG's and not a 4x4.
    ^^1999 TOYOTA 4x4 HILUX 2700i D/C, SOLD TO MY SON.

4. The Following User Says Thank You to K-9 For This Useful Post: