2018 Hilux Dakar versus 2018 Hilux Std. Help please. - Page 4

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Default Re: 2018 Hilux Dakar versus 2018 Hilux Std. Help please.

Quote Originally Posted by BigVan View Post
    Took delivery on Thursday and love this Dakar. Having a bakkie just makes so much sense.

Could take the Yamaha PW80 for a Service.

Now need to add a Roll-bar and securi-lid.

Attachment 489986Attachment 489987
    If you are still looking for one let me know, my brother in law is selling his (basically brand new). He fitted tralies for use on the farm. I sent you a PM.
    Last edited by Boedies; 2018/06/04 at 01:22 PM.
    Cruiser 105 GX 4.5 EFI
    Cruiser 200 VX V8 Diesel

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    Jammer, maar ek moet met jou verskil. Ek het ook BFG KO2 op my Hilux gesit met n bietjie grooter profiel, vanaf n 265/60 R18 na n 265/65 R18. Banddruk is 2.0 Bar en my bakkie ry niks harder as met die Dunlops waarmee hy uitgekom het nie. Kyk, ek is myself verbaas want ek het dit nie vewag nie. My rede hoekom ek vir BFG's gegaan het was omdat dit in my oog die beste beskibare band hier by ons in n 18 duim was.

Enige D-Cab sal vir jou hard ry as jy van n air suspension ML af kom.
    Ek het 2.4 d/c en vriend het 2.8 d/c. Ek het Maxis AT op (lyk baie soos bfg A/T) en hy Bfg A/T. Volgens hom ry my bakkie baie sagter as syne by 1.8 bar.
    Kom ons agree to disagree
    2011 FJ Cruiser
    2018 Hilux 2.4 4x4 D/C
    Afrispoor Serval

Quote Originally Posted by J.D.T View Post
    Just my 2 cents worth. I am thinking that some dealers are just BS you into this "Dakar" version. Why has Toyota SA not released anything on this yet? No car magazine is talking about it, no articles of SA version anywhere on the internet? Why is there no marketing for this?

Some dealerships says yes there is a Dakar version other don't. I have seen two of these with the so called "Dakar" versions front bumper but without the Dakar decals, so there are some who already imported this body kit and fitted it to their normal Hilux.

I am thinking it is the same stunt as Bidvest McCarthy tried to pull with their Brater Hilux. You can buy all that kit form local shops here in SA. It is the same company that does all the Ranger Raptor kits.

Looking back a few months ago with the Hilux black edition, that was just some black paint added to a Hilux and it got way more marketing than this new "Dakar" version. Something does not add up.
    Dear all, How durable is the 2018 Hilux Double Cab 4x4 and 4x2 Auto. I have the new faclifted 4x4 double cab auto Isuzu. How is the resale value in the new Hilux.

Quote Originally Posted by BBK View Post
    Ek was ook nie mal oor die ou neus nie maar moet se hy begin groei aan jou en ek hou nou van dit.
    Hi BBK, did you have to lift the front to fit the 265/65's?

Quote Originally Posted by Walking_Tall1978 View Post
    Dear all, How durable is the 2018 Hilux Double Cab 4x4 and 4x2 Auto. I have the new faclifted 4x4 double cab auto Isuzu. How is the resale value in the new Hilux.
    How long is a piece of string?
    2011 FJ Cruiser
    2018 Hilux 2.4 4x4 D/C
    Afrispoor Serval

The Hiluxes have proven their reliability by now as has the Isuzu. Toyota Hiluxes typically retain their resale value very well. If these are the only two factors you are considering then I would keep the Isuzu.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4