Ranger 2.2 XL facelift poor bright lights

Default Ranger 2.2 XL facelift poor bright lights

Hi

I know this is a on going conversation, but i can not find the answer
    I recently bought a new Ranger and the head lights are very poor, especially the brights.

What can i do without adding a LED bar or spotlights?

Thanks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to PCB For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Ranger 2.2 XL facelift poor bright lights

Agree, there is very little difference between dimms and brights. In fact on the open rd at night if you have adjusted your light level you may as well not even bother with the brights.

same issue, same complaints
    only option would be to fit headlight replacement bulbs, but I'm not lus for all the complications that goes with it

Heard the guys fit Phillips Extreme Vision bulbs. They say it helps. They buy it from Midas or Diesel Electric. Same wattage so there are no warranty concerns or issues with BCM.

The H15 globes used for the brights have a half shroud covering part of the filament so only half of the brights reflector gets illuminated, a really silly design IMO. H15's are common in VW and others but there aren't many proven viable alternatives. There are LED's available from China (https://www.aliexpress.com/item/8C-H...851848633.html) and various other after-market bulbs which some think are a huge improvement while others think improve a little. Some Osram bulbs are quoted at around 1500 lumens while LED's "quoted" at 4000 lumens.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Philips-Vision-H15.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	38.1 KB 
ID:	488413

I bought 40W LED spots (which only draw 25W ea BTW) which I'll be mounting in line with the mains, on a switch and either side of the center line to keep (mostly) within current law.

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-05-09 at 13.21.04.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	488412
    Last edited by pardus; 2018/05/11 at 09:56 AM.
    Ford Ranger XLS 4x4 D/C 2.2 Auto, Mazda CX-5 Akera, 2018 Honda Africa Twin DCT, 2019 Trent (Rear Fold Hard Floor Camper).
    Drone Consultant & Pilot Instructor, ex-Nature Site Guide (VPDA)[NQF6]

My 2.2 XLT Everest's (basically the same as Ranger) lights are simply set to low. Asked the garage to attend to it at last (and its first annual) service. They said that it is adjusted to spec...? Well then the spec is wrong, my Ranger's lights are set higher and is acceptable and does not bother oncoming traffic.
    My question is, how and where do you adjust those lights, I don't want to blind any oncoming motorist, but I surely want to see where I'm going... If anyone can help, please.

Quote Originally Posted by Gerie View Post
    My 2.2 XLT Everest's (basically the same as Ranger) lights are simply set to low. Asked the garage to attend to it at last (and its first annual) service. They said that it is adjusted to spec...? Well then the spec is wrong, my Ranger's lights are set higher and is acceptable and does not bother oncoming traffic.
    My question is, how and where do you adjust those lights, I don't want to blind any oncoming motorist, but I surely want to see where I'm going... If anyone can help, please.
    Can you manually adjust the headlight height? I also drive the Everest and cant find anywhere where you can adjust it. Mine is set way too high... Keeps blinding oncoming traffic even on low beams.

Quote Originally Posted by Conrady View Post
    Can you manually adjust the headlight height? I also drive the Everest and cant find anywhere where you can adjust it. Mine is set way too high... Keeps blinding oncoming traffic even on low beams.
    The circular light switch have a "hidden" button in the center of it that allows you to adjust the beam angle electronically.
    Push the button in, it will pop out, now you can turn it clock\anti-clock to make changes.
    Pop it back in to hide it.
    Not sure if your models have it, but take a look.

As in this
    Attached Images Attached Images  

My 2017 2,2 XLT A/T Everest does not have that button. My 2015 3,2 XLT Ranger does...
    So I'll have to adjust the light itself and cannot figure out how to do that.

My 2017 2,2 XLT A/T Everest does not have that button. My 2015 3,2 XLT Ranger does...
    So I'll have to adjust the light itself and cannot figure out how to do that.
    Likewise, I know the Ranger has the little popout, but for the life of me cant find how to adjust the lights on the Everest.

From what I understand the Everest lights are auto levelling.
    *** ADMIN REMOVED ***

Quote Originally Posted by pardus View Post

I bought 40W LED spots (which only draw 25W ea BTW) which I'll be mounting in line with the mains, on a switch and either side of the center line to keep (mostly) within current law.

Name:	WhatsApp Image 2018-05-09 at 13.21.04.jpg 
Views:	194 
Size:	50.2 KB 
ID:	488412
    Did you end up mounting the LED spots as per the picture? If so, how are they doing, how did you fit them and where did you buy them? Sorry for all the questions.

Alternatively, has anybody mounted spots on their T6 facelift without a nudge bar and if so, how did you mount them?
    Last edited by Daniek; 2019/05/23 at 10:29 PM.

I got a piece that mounts in the middle of the grill. Took the old silver grill off and bought a black one from scrap yard to cut and for the middle piece with LED bar.
    This way I can take the whole thing off and put the original grill back if needed.

Name:	IMG_20190525_143602.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	378.2 KB 
ID:	529275
    Ford Ranger T6 Facelift 2.2L XL 4x4

I have to say, I replaced my headlight bulbs with these 'xenon wanna be' bulbs. The glass on the bulb is colored blue. They emit white light. I always do this with all my vehicles as I hate Yellow driving lights.

I've had them in there now for 3 years and I can honestly not complain about the Rangers headlights (face lift). They are in my opinion some of the best lights I've ever had on a vehicle. In fact, I find them so good that I rarely use it on brights. I rather play with the height setting. I find that when they are set high enough I can see perfectly at night.

Name:	IMG_20190528_092732.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	607.5 KB 
ID:	529481
    Last edited by Clouder; 2019/05/28 at 09:47 AM.
    André Jordaan

2019 Mitsubishi Pajero Sport

I've just done something, and I DON'T KNOW what it was!!!