Zambia and Zimbabwe border crossings ( INTERPOL ) - Page 3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Default Re: Zambia and Zimbabwe border crossings ( INTERPOL )

Quote Originally Posted by erasmusdries View Post
    Hi all. For those living around JHB and PTA.I was at Watloo last week, showed them the required document ,got told not to tell them how to do their job, only issued me with a non specific ENATIS printout. Was at Langlaagte today-power off most of the day, one of the officers eventually gave me this adress:41 Guy Gibson Ave, Aeroton. On the desk of W/O MUHALI there is a whole pile of these forms. Needless to say got helped very efficiently in a clean office with no touts around. I told the warrant officer that I am going to post this to the community--he said no problem, but remember I like chocolates(which is very obvious), so please if anyone makes use of this office take a slab with if you feel like it as token of appreciation and to make things easier for fellow forumites in the future(just remember he never asked/expected anything from me)Good luck and I hope this helps. Now I need to contact Watloo station commander to find out why this cannot be done in PTA .Centurion no longer has police on site.
    Hi, many thanks for this great posting. It worked fantastically. I have just arrived back in SA, vehicle & trailer in storage in Randfontein, and due to depart for Zambia next week as The Boss is presently working there. I was expecting a problem as my vehicle & trailer are registered in Cape Town and I didn't want to make that long a detour. So grasping at straws I tried your suggestion and it worked like a dream. I had my ID, TRN & RC1s but W/O Muhali said the trailer does not require a form. He very kindly filled in the form for me, had it counter-signed by another W/O and that was that -- all in his lunch hour as I had managed to get lost getting there. And no inspection of the vehicle to confirm engine & chassis numbers. I could have gone there in a taxi.

To get to W/O Muhali's office, park in the visitor parking on the left of the entrance. Go past the first gate, not in, past the Security Station (towards the inspection area on the right of the entrance) and then hard left. W/O Muhali's office is in the same building as the Security Station, first door on the left. His office is the one straight ahead of the entrance door.

Following your suggestion I did take some gift chocolate for the gentleman, though at no stage did he ask for any payment, in kind or otherwise. (W/O Muhali is easily identified, think Jabba the Hut's younger brother.) I would recommend this route to all members, 15 no-stress minutes and your blood pressure will thank you!

Default Re: Zambia and Zimbabwe border crossings ( INTERPOL )

Thanx to Dries and W/O Muhali got the Not Stolen Slips one for my vehicle and one for the Companion. I specifically ask for one for the Companion (I told him that The Zam Interpol gave me hassles the last time,
    without it
    ) which he had no prblem issuing. Friendly service and no touts!!!

He has had his fill on chocolates "maybe next time biltong" - nogal beef.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3