Ford ranger warranty [does for have a warranty?]





Results 1 to 18 of 18
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    52
    Posts
    13,859
    Thanked: 983

    Default Ford ranger warranty [does ford have a warranty?]

    So my ranger dropped me. 50 000km. Diesel started spewing out over the engine. Looked like a fuel rail that decided to go. So Ford assist came to collect the vehicle. Took 5 days to decide if it was a warranty claim but they said they will fix.

    Warranty issue no 2.
    I have a shudder on the clutch. So now because the vehicle has 50 000km on it I have to pay 50% of the R4800 to drop the gearbox to see if we did not ride on the clutch. [considering my vw needs a replacement clutch after 240 000km]Only then will they decide if it is a factory fault. Now we all know they will say its my fault like the cracked rim I got from delivery but Ford eventually replaced that after a engineers report. Well how they get to R4800 the check a clutch is in anyway beyond me as we charge customers about R1800 for the job.

    So If I take the clutch out will they then decide? Anyway my faith in the ford product is dwindling at a very fast pace.
    Last edited by Engel; 2018/05/03 at 10:11 PM.
    Turnkey Construction Projects, Commercial, industrial, Domestic
    Importers: Diving gear, Compressed air cylinders for diving and airgun industry, 4x4 equipment.
    Manufacturers: Pofadder Kinetic ropes, Recovery kits, Synthetic winch ropes
    Vehicles: Modifications and installations, Special application vehicles
    Driver training: 4x4, Defensive
    [email protected]
    +27824453301

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Lonehill, JHB
    Age
    42
    Posts
    6,268
    Thanked: 829

    Default Re: Ford ranger warranty [does ford have a warranty?]

    Another broken vehicle..... interesting
    2014 Pajero 3.2DiD SWB

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Age
    57
    Posts
    16,462
    Thanked: 2348

    Default Re: Ford ranger warranty [does for have a warranty?]

    So, first the Biggest Toyota Slanderer has a major warranty claim with his Amarok.

    Now a warranty claim with a Ford.

    If I were religious I'd believe someone is sending you a message & the message is;

    "Let he who is without a Warranty Claim cast the first stone"

    Or Maybe you & Oldtimer just start these Threads to maintain my faith in the Toyota Gods!

    Regardless, I thank you & hope you are soon back on the road with minimal inconvenience...

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,768
    Thanked: 1911

    Default Re: Ford ranger warranty [does ford have a warranty?]

    Have you considered asking them if you can remove the clutch and bring it to them?

    This forum is not ford
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boksburg
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,231
    Thanked: 155

    Default Re: Ford ranger warranty [does ford have a warranty?]

    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Anyway my faith in the ford product is dwindling at a very fast pace.
    The faith in the product is not the problem but the dealer itself is causing it to make you feel this way, after sales service these day are one big joke.

  6. The Following User Says Thank You to Dp123 For This Useful Post:


  7. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    De Wildt
    Age
    57
    Posts
    35,121
    Thanked: 10213

    Default Re: Ford ranger warranty [does ford have a warranty?]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dp123 View Post
    The faith in the product is not the problem but the dealer itself is causing it to make you feel this way, after sales service these day are one big joke.
    the problem is that product satisfaction is directly related to dealer competence in this industry

    and the problem isn't isolated to Ford

    but I can't argue with your conclusion
    2012 Jeep Sahara Unlimited 3.6 V6
    Percivamus

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Posts
    293
    Thanked: 74

    Default Re: Ford ranger warranty [does for have a warranty?]

    I have to stand up for my local dealer here. I am getting amazing service. My driver seat belt did not want to retract as it should. They first tried to see if they can fix it, and on the spot decided they will issue a warranty claim and replace at not cost. My bakkie was just in for the 90000km service.

    Maybe go to another dealer first, before losing faith in the brand?
    2016 Ford Everest 3.2Tdci XLT AWD A/T - Mods have begun!
    2010 BMW 320i AT (SWAMBO)

    Ex: 1998 Land Rover Defender 300Tdi - ek huil nogsteeds myself aan die slaap
    Ex: 2014 Ford Ranger 2.2 DC 4x4

    Always go for the deepest mud, muddy stories make the best memories!

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Boksburg
    Age
    37
    Posts
    2,231
    Thanked: 155

    Default Re: Ford ranger warranty [does for have a warranty?]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henko Spangenberg View Post
    I have to stand up for my local dealer here. I am getting amazing service. My driver seat belt did not want to retract as it should. They first tried to see if they can fix it, and on the spot decided they will issue a warranty claim and replace at not cost. My bakkie was just in for the 90000km service.

    Maybe go to another dealer first, before losing faith in the brand?
    Agreed, I am not loosing faith in the brand at all I am on my third Ranger and have been to harsh places and I can say I will buy another one.
    When it comes down the a vehicle you are paying for a lot of money one will expect to receive good service, but if they want to for what ever reason stop the warranty claim, they might as well take the warranty away and make them a bit cheaper.

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Posts
    293
    Thanked: 74

    Default Re: Ford ranger warranty [does for have a warranty?]

    Quote Originally Posted by Dp123 View Post
    Agreed, I am not loosing faith in the brand at all I am on my third Ranger and have been to harsh places and I can say I will buy another one.
    When it comes down the a vehicle you are paying for a lot of money one will expect to receive good service, but if they want to for what ever reason stop the warranty claim, they might as well take the warranty away and make them a bit cheaper.
    I think the big issue is the inconsistency between dealerships. There doesn't seem to be a standard in any way.

    One dealership will just not help, the next will do a lift and remap for more power and the next do as much as possible...
    2016 Ford Everest 3.2Tdci XLT AWD A/T - Mods have begun!
    2010 BMW 320i AT (SWAMBO)

    Ex: 1998 Land Rover Defender 300Tdi - ek huil nogsteeds myself aan die slaap
    Ex: 2014 Ford Ranger 2.2 DC 4x4

    Always go for the deepest mud, muddy stories make the best memories!

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Henko88 For This Useful Post:


  12. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Kempton Park
    Age
    52
    Posts
    13,859
    Thanked: 983

    Default Re: Ford ranger warranty [does ford have a warranty?]

    Quote Originally Posted by Oppies3800 View Post
    Have you considered asking them if you can remove the clutch and bring it to them?

    This forum is not ford
    im going to!
    Turnkey Construction Projects, Commercial, industrial, Domestic
    Importers: Diving gear, Compressed air cylinders for diving and airgun industry, 4x4 equipment.
    Manufacturers: Pofadder Kinetic ropes, Recovery kits, Synthetic winch ropes
    Vehicles: Modifications and installations, Special application vehicles
    Driver training: 4x4, Defensive
    [email protected]
    +27824453301

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    29
    Posts
    2,768
    Thanked: 1911

    Default Re: Ford ranger warranty [does ford have a warranty?]

    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    im going to!
    Brilliant... That would be the best option.

    Do feel free to report on their answer.
    Always think: Could this be sarcasm?

  14. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Posts
    1,242
    Thanked: 866

    Default Re: Ford ranger warranty [does for have a warranty?]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henko Spangenberg View Post
    I have to stand up for my local dealer here. I am getting amazing service. My driver seat belt did not want to retract as it should. They first tried to see if they can fix it, and on the spot decided they will issue a warranty claim and replace at not cost. My bakkie was just in for the 90000km service.

    Maybe go to another dealer first, before losing faith in the brand?
    lol really? you comment on the basis of a seatbelt?
    Let's change your circumstances where the $$$ involved relates to dropping gearboxes and disassembling other major components and then see how forthcoming they are.
    What is your next gripe? Cup holder cracked? Wear on the break pedal?

  15. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Roodepoort
    Posts
    1,242
    Thanked: 866

    Default Re: Ford ranger warranty [does ford have a warranty?]

    Quote Originally Posted by Engel View Post
    Well how they get to R4800 the check a clutch is in anyway beyond me as we charge customers about R1800 for the job.

    So If I take the clutch out will they then decide? Anyway my faith in the ford product is dwindling at a very fast pace.
    Because you are paying for the full job, don't be sucker punched into thinking they are meeting you halfway - that is a blatant 100% inflation to dodge cost.

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to Rustie For This Useful Post:


  17. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Posts
    293
    Thanked: 74

    Default Re: Ford ranger warranty [does for have a warranty?]

    Quote Originally Posted by Rustie View Post
    lol really? you comment on the basis of a seatbelt?
    Let's change your circumstances where the $$$ involved relates to dropping gearboxes and disassembling other major components and then see how forthcoming they are.
    What is your next gripe? Cup holder cracked? Wear on the break pedal?
    Before you laugh too much. I had 31500km on my bakkie when I drove through deep water, and when I stopped the vehicle didn't want to start. had the vehicle towed in. Initial inspection did not look good as there was water in the air filter. in stead of just saying replace everything at my own cost they went through everything and figured out it was the starter motor that got wet and replaced it under warranty at no cost to me.

    So once again, I WILL stand up for them.
    2016 Ford Everest 3.2Tdci XLT AWD A/T - Mods have begun!
    2010 BMW 320i AT (SWAMBO)

    Ex: 1998 Land Rover Defender 300Tdi - ek huil nogsteeds myself aan die slaap
    Ex: 2014 Ford Ranger 2.2 DC 4x4

    Always go for the deepest mud, muddy stories make the best memories!

  18. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Meyerton
    Age
    48
    Posts
    43
    Thanked: 7

    Default Re: Ford ranger warranty [does for have a warranty?]

    [QUOTE=Henko Spangenberg;3885822
    So once again, I WILL stand up for them.[/QUOTE]

    I also had blind faith in Ford service. Up until they wanted 26K for a service because they wanted to replace all sorts of worn parts on a 4 year old car! I bought the car from them and they did all the services up until 140000km.

    I decided that it might be better to replace the car so I asked for a quotation on a new one. They replied that they will trade for 20K less than book value, and that I needed to fix all the "faults" if I wanted the full book value. This was the response form the same guy who sold me the car! He was not interested in even trying to ease my pain.

    I took the car to the local indie and gave him the full list of faults. He did not find anything wrong with the suspect parts.

    For me to buy any Ford product again will take a lot of convincing.

  19. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Gideon For This Useful Post:


  20. #16
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Location
    Bloemfontein
    Posts
    293
    Thanked: 74

    Default Re: Ford ranger warranty [does for have a warranty?]

    I cannot comment on after warranty service or trade. I am not going to service the car there anyway, as it's too expensive.

    Maybe I am lucky, maybe I may seem naive, but I've had great service, and they deserve the credit. Seems a bit unfair that all dealerships are deemed unfair or wrong, because of bad experiences.

    Soos die Afrikaanse spreekwoord sÍ: Jy kan nie almal onder dieselfde kam skeer nie.
    2016 Ford Everest 3.2Tdci XLT AWD A/T - Mods have begun!
    2010 BMW 320i AT (SWAMBO)

    Ex: 1998 Land Rover Defender 300Tdi - ek huil nogsteeds myself aan die slaap
    Ex: 2014 Ford Ranger 2.2 DC 4x4

    Always go for the deepest mud, muddy stories make the best memories!

  21. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Wellington
    Age
    62
    Posts
    581
    Thanked: 44

    Default Re: Ford ranger warranty [does for have a warranty?]

    Quote Originally Posted by Henko88 View Post
    I cannot comment on after warranty service or trade. I am not going to service the car there anyway, as it's too expensive.

    Maybe I am lucky, maybe I may seem naive, but I've had great service, and they deserve the credit. Seems a bit unfair that all dealerships are deemed unfair or wrong, because of bad experiences.

    Soos die Afrikaanse spreekwoord sÍ: Jy kan nie almal onder dieselfde kam skeer nie.
    Don't worry Henko you are not the only one with positive experiences, and i think the most other owners do otherwise Ford would have closed business long ago
    Ranger 3.2 XLT D/C 4x4 A/T 2019
    Armadillo Plus

  22. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    73
    Posts
    51
    Thanked: 1

    Default Re: Ford ranger warranty [does for have a warranty?]

    A colleague at work has had 3 gearboxes in the first 3 months. Turned out to be the bearing on the shaft coming from the engine. I hear that Ford is aware of the problem.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •