Towing with new Navara

Default Towing with new Navara

Hi All,

I am about to take delivery of a new Navara 4x4 Auto, this coming week, it was a long process in deciding on the Navara. Now the decision is made, yeah!

I would like to know how have you experienced it while towing a caravan / Bush caravan?

Fuel consumption, handling & tyre pressure? Your thoughts would be welcomed.
    Last edited by isimobile; 2018/04/14 at 09:18 AM.
    Nissan Navara 2.3 4x4 LE
    BushLapa Boabab
    ZS6CFJ

Default Re: Towing with new Navara

Only have the old one, so cannot comment on the new one.
    Would be nice if you can give some feedback when you get yours.

2007 Nissan Navara 4L Auto - Worshond

I already have 9400km on clock got mine 4 months now verry happy @ first consumption was not good 6,7km/L in town while towing work trailer 1,2 ton every day, after 8000km it suddenly started to get better every day now its 10,1km/L still towing in town iam in the construction for insurance claims, will take it for a trip later this year to mosselbay with offroad caravan hope fully it will be also good .
    Definately the best choice i have made on the new Nissan mine is 4x4 manual se model

4. The Following User Says Thank You to OLi4 Chris For This Useful Post:

I've had my "new" Navara since middle last year and have done around 22k with her. I have the LE model in auto. Stunning vehicle, no matter what the couch judges have to say. I've towed my Metalian trailer to the bushveld from Cape Town fully loaded and averaged around 8.5 km/l. I think this is pretty good. Normal town driving I get 12.1 km/l calculated manually. The cars computer reads 12.2 km/l.
    Very happy with my choice of Bakkie.

6. The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Munnika For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Munnika View Post
    I've had my "new" Navara since middle last year and have done around 22k with her. I have the LE model in auto. Stunning vehicle, no matter what the couch judges have to say. I've towed my Metalian trailer to the bushveld from Cape Town fully loaded and averaged around 8.5 km/l. I think this is pretty good. Normal town driving I get 12.1 km/l calculated manually. The cars computer reads 12.2 km/l.
    Apologies, that was supposed to be 8.1 km/l average.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to Munnika For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Munnika View Post
    Werry good to hear it seems the more km traveled the engine get better consumption i currently took mine for n week break down to George & Mosselbay we did average of 140km/hr up & down and still got 10,3km /L average so i think driving mild on 120km with a steady foot i will get better consumption
    I am really happy sovar with the new Navara
    I also had a new Epic Gear steel canoppy fitted before our trip down would like to upgrade the wheels to 17,19 inch but is a bit costy at the momentClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3935.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	82.7 KB 
ID:	486921Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_3938.jpg 
Views:	89 
Size:	122.6 KB 
ID:	486922

10. The Following User Says Thank You to OLi4 Chris For This Useful Post:

Thumbs up Re: Towing with new Navara

Some feedback on my initial fuel consumption

I drove the Navara this weekend from Centurion to Klerksdorp with the family of 4 without a load accept normal luggage, no trailer, I got 8.1L/100km @ about 105km/h avg according the the trip computer, (yes I know it is not 100% accurate but does give an indication), and then back with a biggish trailer, loaded with some various household items, I got 10.4 km/l at avg speed of 89km/h.

I helped to move my Mom the weekend to a retirement village and I used the trailer to assist with moving items, when I filled up last night, before coming back to Centurion, the combined fuel consumption after filling the tank was 10.148L/100km, actual, the trip computer showed 9.7l/100km.

I must say the ride is very smooth with a load on the Bakkie with the trailer. Without a load, I must admit, it feels a bit bumpy, but it is very difficult to really compare, because my previous vehicle was a BMW X3, which has obvious a very different setup.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to isimobile For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by isimobile View Post
    Some feedback on my initial fuel consumption

I drove the Navara this weekend from Centurion to Klerksdorp with the family of 4 without a load accept normal luggage, no trailer, I got 8.1L/100km @ about 105km/h avg according the the trip computer, (yes I know it is not 100% accurate but does give an indication), and then back with a biggish trailer, loaded with some various household items, I got 10.4 km/l at avg speed of 89km/h.

I helped to move my Mom the weekend to a retirement village and I used the trailer to assist with moving items, when I filled up last night, before coming back to Centurion, the combined fuel consumption after filling the tank was 10.148L/100km, actual, the trip computer showed 9.7l/100km.

I must say the ride is very smooth with a load on the Bakkie with the trailer. Without a load, I must admit, it feels a bit bumpy, but it is very difficult to really compare, because my previous vehicle was a BMW X3, which has obvious a very different setup.
    Thanks for the info we whent down to Mosselbay for long weekend end up with 10,6km/L on computor on calculation was more or less the same only one time i got 11,1km/L calculated & computor stil show 10,5km/L
    But otherwize i am verry happy with handling & performance i also had a X5 30D with chip mod got same power output than X5 50D
    The Navara gives almost same drive feeling & almost same power feel on excellerating in 6 gear
    My next mod is to install a extra fuel tank as to drive oneway 1100km without refuling

14. The Following User Says Thank You to OLi4 Chris For This Useful Post: