Amarok 2L AUTO: Off-Road Mode, ESP, Diff Lock; clear up - Page 2

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Default Re: Amarok 2L AUTO: Off-Road Mode, ESP, Diff Lock; clear up

Quote Originally Posted by BobMabena View Post
    Yup, just wondering why you can't have both...
    I think it's simply a case that VW didn't seem it neccesary to spend more time and write another program which combines the trailer stabalisation and offroad functions as maybe only 0.1% of owners would actually have use/need for it. It's maybe not that much time needed as all these functions allready exist. It's simply another input condition that will link up existing features to the active program used by the control module... so maybe the german sitting in Wolfsburg just didn't think for the life of him that somebody would want to tow and 4x4 at the same time. Because according to him who does that

Most will tow when not 4x4ing, or 4x4 when not towing. If you look world wide a very small percentage would use this combination, let alone the small percentage that even tow or 4x4 with the amaroks.

2. The Following User Says Thank You to WillemT For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WillemT View Post
    so maybe the german sitting in Wolfsburg just didn't think for the life of him that somebody would want to tow and 4x4 at the same time. Because according to him who does that
    Those crazy Saffa's... and maybe the Aussies...
    2015 VW Amarok 4motion Auto
    2011 Conqueror Companion

Pse advise if high range 4x4 can be selected if trailer is hitched. I know the low range does not engage. That is all that is needed on our gravel roads in NAM.
    Mine is the 6spd manual.
    Last edited by janseekat; 2018/04/13 at 06:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by janseekat View Post
    Pse advise if high range 4x4 can be selected if trailer is hitched. I know the low range does not engage. That is all that is needed on our gravel roads in NAM.
    Everything else works as normal. It’s only downhill assist and gravel optimised abs that doesn’t work that's engaged with the off road mode.

I’m regularly using low range to reverse trailers so you can select all your 4x4 modes other than the off-road mode and all other 4x4 functions when having a trailer hooked up.
    If your low range doesn't want to engaged when you have a trailer hooked up you have a different problem!!
    If it doesn't want to engage just press in the clutch, select a gear and put in back in neutral. Take your foor off the clutch and brake so you can get some movement in the drivetrain.
    Last edited by WillemT; 2018/04/13 at 07:46 AM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to WillemT For This Useful Post:

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2