Sync 3 updates - Page 12

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Sync 3 updates

Default Re: Sync 3 updates

Hi guys has anyone here recently tried to download the sync 3 updates from the Ford UK portal? I've been trying but it is giving me errors.

Also, there is an updated map 2019 Q4 available.

Rodrigo
    Rodrigo Silva

2017 Ford Everest 2.2 XLT

Where did you see there's a 2019Q4 update available?

Would the maps update via WiFi similar to any other Sync updates or does this need to be downloaded and updated separately?
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

Quote Originally Posted by Koppycat View Post
    Firstly, thanks Prodigal for all the effort on this thread!

Did the SYNC3 update without any hiccups and then went onto the maps. Has anyone else experienced issues with installing the Ford/Lincoln Toolbox? I go through the install and accept the t&c's and then the problems start. First I get this screen.

Attachment 553446

Then after a while it comes up with this screen

Attachment 553447

Sometimes it goes beyond this but then just hangs while saying connecting...

EDIT: Found the problem. Work network was to blame, works fine at home..
    For George.
    2019 Wildtrak 4x4 Bi-Turbo - Current
    2019 Ford Figo Trend Auto - SWAMBO's platkar
    2017 Everest 2.2 XLT - Sold
    2016 Ranger 3.2 Manual - Sold

4. The Following User Says Thank You to Predator For This Useful Post:

Thanks, updated mine to 2019Q4
    Disclaimer - All my posts on this forum is without prejudice, is based on my fair assumptions or perceptions, is in no way intended to cause harm to anyone and is acted upon at your own discretion.

updated to V3, downloaded the file from Ford's international .com site, and requested from the SA .co.za site with my VIN...exact same file confirmed.
    2018 Ford Ranger 3.2 XLT DC 4x4 A/T

Thank you to all...updated my MAPS to 2019Q4. My previous version was 2016Q4.
    I am a happy man
    Francois

I have a 2017 xlt and since Google music did the swap to YouTube music it freezes when playing through Bluetooth. Its fine if my phone is plugged in to the USB tho. I've updated to the latest Sync 3 version but still no joy. Is there anyone out there with the same problem?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by warren rich wazza View Post
    I have a 2017 xlt and since Google music did the swap to YouTube music it freezes when playing through Bluetooth. Its fine if my phone is plugged in to the USB tho. I've updated to the latest Sync 3 version but still no joy. Is there anyone out there with the same problem?
    Thanks
    Hi, i used to use iTunes to load music to my phone and then connect using Bluetooth, now i am using Spotify, works perfect.
    2019 Wildtrak 4x4 Bi-Turbo - Current
    2019 Ford Figo Trend Auto - SWAMBO's platkar
    2017 Everest 2.2 XLT - Sold
    2016 Ranger 3.2 Manual - Sold

Don't know if anyone else noticed this, but when playing music via bluetooth, quite often the progress bar (or time indicator bar) that shows how long a song has been playing (and still has remaining to play) remains stuck on 0, even though the songs are playing perfectly.
    Dirk Meintjies

Sometimes you find yourself in the middle of nowhere. And sometimes, in the middle of nowhere, you find yourself.

I just read this article. Makes sense now. I hope this gets sorted out.

Hi guys I've been always a GPS enthusiastic since the early days when it came to market and I was really happy to have a built-in GPS navigator in my Everest, which I use when I travel. Despite the convenience of having it integrated to the dashboard, I think the interface still have to improve a lot when compared to Garmin or google maps, small things such as a shortcut on the navigation screen to turn on-off the voice guidance.

Anyway I wanted to report an unexpected behaviour that happened to me twice in a row, so I think there is something wrong with the map: when traveling from Joburg to Skukuza, the map gets crazy after Milys on N4 (see on the map). This happened twice with me in the past month, in the exactly same place (see the screen shot).. The arrow was completely off-track and funny distances where shown. Then I tried to connect my iphone to use google maps which I couldn't, it was not being recognized. There are some roadworks going on there at the moment but the maps should still work normally. As it happened twice with me at the same place, I think there is something wrong with the map, see below:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	n4map_problem.JPG 
Views:	33 
Size:	43.3 KB 
ID:	596191

Also another map problem that I was expecting to be fixed in this latest version is the section in Nelspruit when coming back from White River (going to JNB), before joining the N4: the sync3 maps takes you no where there when going through Nelspruit. Below you can see the correct route shown on google maps.

Name:	Nelspruit.JPG 
Views:	30 
Size:	88.4 KB 
ID:	596192

Have you guys also experienced that too? Apparently there is no new version for sync3 or maps for now. All of this combined with real-time traffic etc points me to use the navigation maps from my phone if internet is available. I though the vehicle one would be more reliable but it is proving me wrong.

Name:	sync3version.JPG 
Views:	23 
Size:	161.1 KB 
ID:	596189Click image for larger version. 

Name:	navigation.JPG 
Views:	19 
Size:	157.7 KB 
ID:	596190

Rodrigo
    Rodrigo Silva

Hi, I recently updated my Sync version to 3.4 build 20196 on my 2019 3.2tdci Xlt Ranger. I noticed that some rangers have the navigation option on the left hand cluster display and some don't like mine.
    Does anyone know how to activate that option? I was hoping the update would activate it.
    Andre
    Ford Everest 3.0 TDCI 4X4 Manual
    2015 Conqueror Courage

Quote Originally Posted by Andre_vdm View Post
    Hi, I recently updated my Sync version to 3.4 build 20196 on my 2019 3.2tdci Xlt Ranger. I noticed that some rangers have the navigation option on the left hand cluster display and some don't like mine.
    Does anyone know how to activate that option? I was hoping the update would activate it.
    Where did you download the update from? I'm trying the Ford ZA and UK website. ZA tells me I have the latest version wheres the UK one always gives me an error.

Tks
    Rodrigo Silva

Quote Originally Posted by marquesrodrigo View Post
    Where did you download the update from? I'm trying the Ford ZA and UK website. ZA tells me I have the latest version wheres the UK one always gives me an error.

Tks
    I used the Cyanlabs sync 3 updater software for windows.

Very easy to use but not endorsed by Fomoco.
    Andre
    Ford Everest 3.0 TDCI 4X4 Manual
    2015 Conqueror Courage

Talking Re: Sync 3 updates

I used the Cyanlabs sync 3 updater software for windows.

Very easy to use but not endorsed by Fomoco.
    I think I'm not brave enough to use this Russian application
    Rodrigo Silva

I updated my Sync to Sync 3.4. There is a link on the Ford SA website that enables you to update via USB. You put in your Vin number and then it tells you if you elligible for the upgrade.

I also picked this up. My latest spec Wildtrak (2020.75) has the latest software but it doesn't have that navigation option on the cluster. My guess is that is different software to update.

My neigbours new Xlt also shows fuel economy is digits; mine shows as a horizontal bar.
    Last edited by George; 2020/11/20 at 06:29 AM.

Hi there Andre,

The left hand 4.2" screen is generally quite a useless one. There are ultimately four menus available, of which of late, just two are made visible - Infotainment (the audio such as FM, AM, DAB, etc) and Telephone. The other two - Navigation and Climate control - are disabled in your Instrument Control Panel. These can quite easily be re-activated. However - there are reasons for the latter two menu's being disabled:

Navigation: The Southern African cartography (produced by HERE) is actually a reduced cartography - meaning there are a number of corners cut when the manufacturer compiled it. One is that there are no Mini-maps (you'll notice there are no map 'previews' on the home screen of SYNC3. The navigation therefore doesn't repeat - meaning that when you chart a destination on your SYNC3 Nav, there are no messages broadcast from the APIM (the radio/nav/infotainment headunit) to the IPC (your instrument cluster). HOWEVER - that being said, with the latest iteration of Sync 3.4, Android Auto CAN broadcast to the IPC, so this is quite useful.

Climate: This feature allows limited operation of the FCIM (Front Control Interface Module - your Climate control with vehicles equipped). In vehicles with dual zone, it must be configured in MONO mode (press and hold the Auto button or tap the DUAL feature off on the SYNC3). In this condition, you can control the cabin temperature and the fan speed remotely from the IPC.

Your vehicle's Instrument Panel Module hardware is almost exactly the same as previous models - only the configurations have been slightly tweaked. Some very minor visual differences are made from the 19.75 to the 20.25 (such as the traffic sign recognition display, etc). Your Wildtrak PX3 20.75 also has the Navigation and Climate menus, but they are simply disabled. Fuel eco display is also configurable from bar to numeric scale.

Quote Originally Posted by George View Post
    I also picked this up. My latest spec Wildtrak (2020.75) has the latest software but it doesn't have that navigation option on the cluster. My guess is that is different software to update.

My neigbours new Xlt also shows fuel economy is digits; mine shows as a horizontal bar.

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast