Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

Wildkyker

Jong het vergeet om hom ook uit te spoel. Sal die naweek n plan maak!Dankie!

I am probably on the wrong post but I need some advice we have a 2013 commander when it is fully loaded it rocks from left to right at about 90 km per hr can any one give me some advice thanks Sakkie

Quote Originally Posted by sakkie stone View Post
    I am probably on the wrong post but I need some advice we have a 2013 commander when it is fully loaded it rocks from left to right at about 90 km per hr can any one give me some advice thanks Sakkie
    Hi Sakkie

What shocks do you have?
    2020 Toyota Landcruiser 200 GX-R
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

4. The Following User Says Thank You to pieter_fourie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by sakkie stone View Post
    Sakkie,

I have the same model. My Pajero SWB initially caused sway at 100km/h. Terrible as this is my cruise speed. I contacted Roodepoort and they suggested I drop the towball one set lower, this did the trick. The Commander likes to be nose down slightly.

Strange enough my current tow vehicle, Discovery, has no such issue. Even when my tyre popped I did not feel a thing.

Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapiture For This Useful Post:

Is it a sway issue or a rocking from side to side issue?
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

8. The Following User Says Thank You to pieter_fourie For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by TOYOTA BUSHBABY View Post
    Hi Conqueror family.We recently purchased a 2007 Commander and hit Bhanga neck on our 1st off-grid camp!What a beautiful part of the world!Worth the drive. 7.5 hours from where we are in Pietermaritzburg. I also changed my water pump and redid my water hoses and installed a Gardener Water Meter (Thank you to all those on the Conqueror Threads for this idea). I had a slight problem with the Gardena Water Meter though. As far as I'm aware the Commander has a 150 litre water tank. At 82 litres on the meter my tank ran dry. Tried it again today at home after filling the water tank with the hose to the brim....and ran dry at 86 litres . Does anyone else have a problem with the accuracy of their Gardena Water Meters? I have checked and excluded any leaks in the system.

I have two theories.

1) an air bubble is forming between my two water tanks on the Commander.

2) the fact that I have the Gardena Water Meter placed AFTER the water pump may play a role. I have only seen one member with the Water Meter AFTER the pump.Everyone else on the Threads seem to have theirs BEFORE the pump on the 'passive/low pressure' side.

Any suggestions or assistance would be much appreciated.Attachment 624147
    Morning. When we had a Companion, I used a second Gardena when I filled the tank. That way I knew the actual capacity of the tanks, and helped me sort out an airlock in the rear tank.

Was something I only had to do once
    Ubbo
    2011 FJ Cruiser
    2014 Rubicon - Sold

10. The Following User Says Thank You to Ubbo For This Useful Post:

Angry Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

I have just put on new gabriel safari shocks it helped a very little the rocking left to right still continued When the van is empty eg: no water
    no jerry cans it seem ok. The tow hitch is definitely running slightly down.

Sakkie in the commander the tanks mist be full when driving. Have you tried this?
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

When I did the West Coast I realised my van also walked behind me when I had the diesel on the two rear racks.
    Empty them and the walk disappeared. It is definitely a thing of weight distribution inside the van.

Bossies toe!!!

Work : Toyota LC HZJ76
    Home : Trailblazer 2.8 4X4 LTZ
    SWAMBO: Toyota Avanza - Gone
    Conqueror Commander

Google know too much.

Quote Originally Posted by Ubbo View Post
    Morning. When we had a Companion, I used a second Gardena when I filled the tank. That way I knew the actual capacity of the tanks, and helped me sort out an airlock in the rear tank.

Was something I only had to do once
    Thank you Ubbo for that advice. Could you perhaps elaborate on how you sorted out the airlock in the rear tanks?

Evening all. Just came back from our 3rd trip with our 2007 Commander to Lotheni!Loving the convenience of a 4x4 caravan. I have already done a few modifications including removing the old transformer (dumb charger) and wiring up a CTEK Mx10 smart charger in it's place. When at home, I plug in the caravan plug, flip up the Mains Switch only and the old Charge button connected to the old transformer, then the Ctek charger takes over. I have a problem though....when I got back from Lotheni, gave the caravan a rinse with the hose to get off the dust...waited for it to drip dry, then plugged in the Caravan plug to the Commander to power the smart charger and mains switch trips . Somewhere water has gotten into some electrical and is shorting my system. Very disconcerting as we have only done 3 winter camps so far and I'm concerned about this problem when we camp in the rainy season. Can anyone offer advice where to start looking first or where the most likely source of the short is and how to remedy? Thanks in advance.

Default Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

Hi Conqueror family.We recently purchased a 2007 Commander and hit Bhanga neck on our 1st off-grid camp!What a beautiful part of the world!Worth the drive. 7.5 hours from where we are in Pietermaritzburg. I also changed my water pump and redid my water hoses and installed a Gardener Water Meter (Thank you to all those on the Conqueror Threads for this idea). I had a slight problem with the Gardena Water Meter though. As far as I'm aware the Commander has a 150 litre water tank. At 82 litres on the meter my tank ran dry. Tried it again today at home after filling the water tank with the hose to the brim....and ran dry at 86 litres . Does anyone else have a problem with the accuracy of their Gardena Water Meters? I have checked and excluded any leaks in the system.

I have two theories.

1) an air bubble is forming between my two water tanks on the Commander.

2) the fact that I have the Gardena Water Meter placed AFTER the water pump may play a role. I have only seen one member with the Water Meter AFTER the pump.Everyone else on the Threads seem to have theirs BEFORE the pump on the 'passive/low pressure' side.

Any suggestions or assistance would be much appreciated.Attachment 624147
    I have Topargee system which works on a similar principle to the Gardena. The instructions of the Topargee are very clear that there must be 200mm of straight pipe between the sender unit (in your case the Gardena unit) and either the pump or any 90 deg bend. I notice you have a 90 deg bend almost right up against the Gardena unit.

This is probably to prevent the water swirling and causing an incorrect measurement.

BTW, the Topargee is installed after the pump.
    Last edited by AndrewC; 2021/08/10 at 07:41 AM.
    Mitsubishi Pajero 3.2 Gen4 LWB Exceed
    Afrispoor Cheetah

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewC View Post
    I have Topargee system which works on a similar principle to the Gardena. The instructions of the Topargee are very clear that there must be 200mm of straight pipe between the sender unit (in your case the Gardena unit) and either the pump or any 90 deg bend. I notice you have a 90 deg bend almost right up against the Gardena unit.

This is probably to prevent the water swirling and causing an incorrect measurement.

BTW, the Topargee is installed after the pump.
    Interesting!Thanks for that AndrewC!Will definitely look into that!

Rain leak - Commander.

Eish...got our first light rain since we got our Commander 2007.Parked in the yard and all doors including roof closed....went to check this morning and wet mattresses inside and at the fold out bed infront.Unhappy wife! Any suggestions on where to begin waterproofing.

Thought of resealing the top gutter around roof opening, then replacing all dustproof sponges all around every door.

Rain leak - Commander.

Eish...got our first light rain since we got our Commander 2007.Parked in the yard and all doors including roof closed....went to check this morning and wet mattresses inside and at the fold out bed infront.Unhappy wife! Any suggestions on where to begin waterproofing.

Thought of resealing the top gutter around roof opening, then replacing all dustproof sponges all around every door.
    100% sure it is a roof leak. After our Nimibia trip (6900k on bad corrugated roads) we had water leaks at the two corners where the roof hinges. I had my guys literally remove every cracked piece of sikaflex and replace. Problem solved.

Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

20. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapiture For This Useful Post:

An old mod we did that I only thought of sharing today. We attached a cable to the footwell/step of our Commander to lift and close if we want to at night. Herewith some pictures that I'm sure shows what we have done.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210815_105702.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	101.7 KB 
ID:	626385Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210815_105717.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	105.8 KB 
ID:	626386Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210815_105743.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	63.5 KB 
ID:	626387
    "If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost"

22. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Spook For This Useful Post:

Met verwysing na post#98, deel ek graag ons volgende mod.

Net een klein foutjie - verf is die "Brittish Racing Green" en nie Conqueror groen nieClick image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20210829_110104.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	86.9 KB 
ID:	627861

Hi Spook

Ja daai groen het ek spesiaal laat meng vir die wa en bere dit vir touch up of mods.

Nou wat laai julle in daai kas wat nie opgelaai kon word sonder die deksel nie?
    Met my spaarwiel wat nou daar sit, kan ek gemaklik x4 sakkies hout laai en vas maak.

Ekt die afgelope naweek die gasbottels bietjie aangevul en n lek by die badkamer wasbak pype uitgesort.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Barry Enslin

ONE LIFE!

25. The Following User Says Thank You to Wildkyker For This Useful Post:

Barry, meeste van ons "checking" is ook gedoen. Gasbottels is al 2 weke terug gevul. Vrieskas het al vleis in en die dop is ook gelaai. Ons ry Sondag willetuin toe. Die deksel is maar om hout, charcoal, ens toe te maak. Was nie meer lus om met n stowwerige tou te sukkel nie. Eintlik kan jy seker maar enige iets daar pak.

Daarshy Spook.
    Dankie vd terugvoer.
    Geniet jul trip hoor.
    Barry Enslin

ONE LIFE!

Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast