Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

Barry, dis nou 'n baie oulike idee.

Ek kan insien dat jy iets anders moes prakseer, want jy het die droograk op die kant waarmee jy rekening moes hou.
    "If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost"

Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Can the TV operate off 12V as well? looking at this option on my Companion
    the new tv in the Commander now runs of 12 volt with no inverter needed
    2020 Toyota Landcruiser 200 GX-R
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

Hi All

I read on the facebook Conqueror page many owners of Commanders complaining of rain leaking in to the van. Has this been sorted out or is it still a problem on the new models?
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

Quote Originally Posted by pieter_fourie View Post
    Hi All

I read on the facebook Conqueror page many owners of Commanders complaining of rain leaking in to the van. Has this been sorted out or is it still a problem on the new models?

HI I have a 2006 model, and have had problems with rainwater leaking in. Please if anyone has advice on sorting this, please post what you have done.

Many thanks!
    Toyota Fortuner 2.8 GD6
    2014 Pajero Sport 2.5 DiD Auto (SOLD)

Hi All

Has anyone replaced their batteries with Lithium batteries? Can I just change the batteries or do I need to change anything on the charger as well?
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

Ek het n 2015 model en ondervind n lek wat die mat by die kombuisdeur nat maak. Geen duidelike lek nie en dis ook nie voete wat die mat nat maak nie, maar na n naweek in die reen is daardie mat sopnat. Enige aanduiding iemand?
    Last edited by Wildkyker; 2021/03/11 at 08:25 PM.
    Barry Enslin

ONE LIFE!

Hi All

Has anyone replaced their batteries with Lithium batteries? Can I just change the batteries or do I need to change anything on the charger as well?
    Pieter, from my experience and depending on the model of your van, does Conqueror fit the Meanwell chargers similar to the one that I am now advertising in the classifieds. The Meanwell charger is not suitable for Lithium battery charging. I have done the swop on my van to a Victron Smart charger 12/30 at just over R3K, and is it a straight swop as the two chargers are almost identical in size.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    - Leonardo Da Vinci
    Also on

Hi All

Contact Byron Fourie from Sunsol E about his 200ah Lithium batteries, about R8k and he also does Victron products.
    Bruce Hunter. 2021 Defender D240HSE,2019 FJ Cruiser, Audi Q5S Tdi, 2019 VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), Bush Lapa Kewer 2202, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceHun View Post
    Contact Byron Fourie from Sunsol E about his 200ah Lithium batteries, about R8k and he also does Victron products.

JoJo

This is quite an expense for the sake of saving maybe 20kg in weight? I cannot see any other benefit in the medium term.
    Johan Maree
    Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    Conqueror UEV-25

Quote Originally Posted by JohanMaree View Post
    JoJo

This is quite an expense for the sake of saving maybe 20kg in weight? I cannot see any other benefit in the medium term.
    What do 2x new 'normal' 105ah's cost?

Apart from the weight saving, the 200ah gives you twice the capacity of 2x105's. Charge faster as well. For offgrid camping they cant be beaten. Plus they will outlast lead acid or similar so long term cost will be less.
    Last edited by BruceHun; 2021/03/11 at 04:27 PM.
    Bruce Hunter. 2021 Defender D240HSE,2019 FJ Cruiser, Audi Q5S Tdi, 2019 VW Tiguan 4motion 2.0tsi(work vehicle), Bush Lapa Kewer 2202, Fusion 17 boat-Yamaha FT100hp 4st.

11. The Following User Says Thank You to BruceHun For This Useful Post:

Hi everyone. I had two 200w solar panels installed on my 2010 Commanders roof. They can easily slide in or out if I want to use it away from the caravan. My only problem is the wires is a 10 m extension that must be manually plugged into the Anderson plug on the opposite side of the caravan and then into the solar panels. I want to get the wiring done directly into the caravan with a on/off switch at the inside. My question is, where is the best place to take the wires into the roof? Drill a hole?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DJI_0160.jpeg 
Views:	126 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	611551
    I do not exist to impress the world. I exist to live my life in a way that will make me happy!

Quote Originally Posted by jccrafford View Post
    Hi everyone. I had two 200w solar panels installed on my 2010 Commanders roof. They can easily slide in or out if I want to use it away from the caravan. My only problem is the wires is a 10 m extension that must be manually plugged into the Anderson plug on the opposite side of the caravan and then into the solar panels. I want to get the wiring done directly into the caravan with a on/off switch at the inside. My question is, where is the best place to take the wires into the roof? Drill a hole?Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DJI_0160.jpeg 
Views:	126 
Size:	92.9 KB 
ID:	611551
    I have the companion, not commander - so different roof set up - but Id not want to drill from the top because its a flat roof any you could get water standing there which could leak around whatever gland you use. Id go on the side or back - or front - al least you wont have the standing water potential. On side be mindful of branches that could snag it.

14. The Following User Says Thank You to heyyahhey For This Useful Post:

Ek het toe die Aircon modifikasie aangepak.

Ek het besluit om nie die spaarwiel onder te mount nie. Pieter, ek is steeds nie oortuig dat hy nie gaan skuur nie, dit verklein net die exit angle te veel.

Ek het die spaarwiel met spaar naaf ( hub ) bokant die houtrak gemount, met versterking aan die binnekant.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20210416-WA0029.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	78.2 KB 
ID:	612627

Name:	IMG-20210416-WA0031.jpg 
Views:	91 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	612630

Ek het die motor binne in n raam geplaas wat ek toe gesweis het. Die raam word gemonteer onderkant die houtrak sowel as aan die dwars-yster wat reeds beskikbaar was. Ek sal steeds 4x sakke hout kan laai as dit moet.

Name:	IMG_20210417_112443.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	431.4 KB 
ID:	612629

Ek het die waaier gedeelte aan die binne kant middel agter monteer. Mens verloor die helfte van beide kassies bo, dog kan mens steeds die ander helftes gebruik. Ek moes 3 gate boor vir die pype na die motor.

Name:	IMG_20210417_112315.jpg 
Views:	90 
Size:	235.2 KB 
ID:	612631

Ek het die krag draad deur n aardlek na die hoof-invoer van die woonwa gelei sodat die stroom direk vanaf die staanplek se boks na die motor gaan sodoende nie lading op die woonwa se elektriese komponente te plaas nie.

Ek het nie so mooi plaat soos wat Conqueror die motor versteek nie so ek moes ma inklim met die naaimasjien en n cover prakseer wat ek dink nie te sleg uitgekom het nie.

Met ons eerste toetslopie is dit n koue naweek en gebruik ons die verwarmer inplaas van verkoeler.

Ek is heel in my skik.
    Wat die sleep vermoe betref is daar geen verandering nie. Ek dink dalk eerder n verbetering met die dat die neusgewig bietjie verlig word.
    Last edited by Wildkyker; 2021/04/17 at 11:57 AM.
    Barry Enslin

ONE LIFE!

Baie smart. Die wiel bo werk goed want jy hou ten minste die spaar hub. Baie netjies gedoen.
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

17. The Following User Says Thank You to pieter_fourie For This Useful Post:

Hi
    Has anyone changed the steps on the commander to something more practical? Im not talking about the loose plastic steps. I see thule has a 12 volt step that slides out underneath but the chassis wont allow for this type of step.
    Thanks
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

Quote Originally Posted by Wildkyker View Post
    Permanente koppeling vir die gas stoof bottel en skottelgoed afdroog rakkie.Attachment 605121
    Hi

Waar het jy daai gas fitting gekoop? Ek soek ook een. Dit maak net sin want dan kan jy hom permanent koppel. Baie smart.

Waar kan ek kyk vir die fittings wat jy gebruik het vir afdroog rak? Wil ook graag so en bou. Dankie
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

Hi Pieter

Ja nee ek verstaan nie waarom mens die gas bottel elke keer moet uithaal en koppel nie. Die goed kan mos permanent gekoppe bly mens maak net die bottel se kraan toe, selfde met die geyser se gas.

Fittings is redelik beskikbaar by plekke soos Mezeys plastic, Canopy land Silverton en selfs by 4x4 online. Non ferous metals Pretoria verkoop die fittings saam met alle aluminium.

Al nadeel van die skottelgoed rak is dat jy nie die kant seile van die tent kan opslaan daarmee saam nie, maar ek dink jou model het gekom met die batwing awn? Ja ek verstaan nie hoe anders gemaak sonder die afdroog rakkie nie.
    Barry Enslin

ONE LIFE!

Hi All

Is there anyway to put permanent lights built into the frame of the awning? Lights must be able to change from white to yellow?
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

Quote Originally Posted by Wildkyker View Post
    Hi Pieter

Ja nee ek verstaan nie waarom mens die gas bottel elke keer moet uithaal en koppel nie. Die goed kan mos permanent gekoppe bly mens maak net die bottel se kraan toe, selfde met die geyser se gas.

Fittings is redelik beskikbaar by plekke soos Mezeys plastic, Canopy land Silverton en selfs by 4x4 online. Non ferous metals Pretoria verkoop die fittings saam met alle aluminium.

Al nadeel van die skottelgoed rak is dat jy nie die kant seile van die tent kan opslaan daarmee saam nie, maar ek dink jou model het gekom met die batwing awn? Ja ek verstaan nie hoe anders gemaak sonder die afdroog rakkie nie.
    Dankie. Ek sal die week wat kom werk maak van dit.
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

Hi All

Is there anyway to put permanent lights built into the frame of the awning? Lights must be able to change from white to yellow?
    I installed 3 NL LED lights white/yellow on the underside of the arms of the Bundu Awn which we installed on our Companion. Tapped power from the top installed light. Never used any other additional lights thereafter.
    Last edited by Rooikop; 2021/05/01 at 09:32 PM.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    - Leonardo Da Vinci
    Also on

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast