Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread - Page 2





Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 78
  1. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pta
    Age
    42
    Posts
    480
    Thanked: 92

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    I havent done major mods to my 2016 model- but have done the following and very happy with it

    1. Stuck eggshell foam topper to my matrass foam- bow have a much thicker matrasses and a better night’s sleep

    2. Front Alko stabilizer jacks - made a masssive difference ito stability while camping

    3. inserted plywood panel in the space under the main bed so I can always use the metal table outside for the coffee station.

    Planned mods
    1. 12v Led strip lights in all the cabinets
    2. lightweigtht 12v fans
    3. replace the current awnings with fold-out 270 degree types. At R25k each at conqueror I will be looking at alternative options
    4. 12v UV water filter with a similar concept to Dan from ‘The Road Chose Me’. Does anyone know where to buy such a filter with relatively high flow rate?
    5. inverter
    6. Add more fixed LED lights to the sides and in the back.
    7. Am sure this list will grow...

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Alberton
    Age
    53
    Posts
    382
    Thanked: 98

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Boesman88 View Post

    Planned mods

    3. replace the current awnings with fold-out 270 degree types. At R25k each at conqueror I will be looking at alternative options

    ...
    Done the BunduAwn on our Companion some years back. Couldn't have been happier, and made the whole setup so much easier. Think I posted the whole install somewhere under the Companion tread. But what really impressed me was the aftersales service from Bundutec. Took it back in February this year. Needed the tent cover repaired as the zipper got distorted in one area, and they not just replaced the cover, they upgraded all of the hinges to make it look and work like a million dollars, and the best of all, at ZERO cost. Bundutec is a company that truly believes in their products.
    Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication.
    - Leonardo Da Vinci
    Also on

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    38
    Posts
    564
    Thanked: 115

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Ok so I started with some mods to my Commander.

    Firstly I am figuring out the wiring and bringing in fuses, from solar, altenator and second battery to the Dc-Dc charger. No fuses? I cant understand why.
    I wired a 220V feed into the fridge slide conpartment
    Fixed the gas line permanently to the stove.
    Wash up rack, and sprayed the weather plug black to match the 220v input plug.

    More to come
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200803-WA0008.jpg 
Views:	93 
Size:	80.5 KB 
ID:	582884   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200803-WA0006.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	63.1 KB 
ID:	582885   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200803-WA0004.jpg 
Views:	94 
Size:	68.0 KB 
ID:	582886  
    Barry Enslin

    ONE LIFE!

  4. The Following User Says Thank You to Wildkyker For This Useful Post:


  5. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pta
    Age
    42
    Posts
    480
    Thanked: 92

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rooikop View Post
    Done the BunduAwn on our Companion some years back. Couldn't have been happier, and made the whole setup so much easier. Think I posted the whole install somewhere under the Companion tread. But what really impressed me was the aftersales service from Bundutec. Took it back in February this year. Needed the tent cover repaired as the zipper got distorted in one area, and they not just replaced the cover, they upgraded all of the hinges to make it look and work like a million dollars, and the best of all, at ZERO cost. Bundutec is a company that truly believes in their products.
    I will certainly approach them for some options - thanks!

  6. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Melkbosstrand
    Age
    45
    Posts
    809
    Thanked: 186

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Rooikop View Post
    Done the BunduAwn on our Companion some years back. Couldn't have been happier, and made the whole setup so much easier. Think I posted the whole install somewhere under the Companion tread. But what really impressed me was the aftersales service from Bundutec. Took it back in February this year. Needed the tent cover repaired as the zipper got distorted in one area, and they not just replaced the cover, they upgraded all of the hinges to make it look and work like a million dollars, and the best of all, at ZERO cost. Bundutec is a company that truly believes in their products.
    I'll second Bundutec... it's an awesome awning, and their after sales service really is top notch. One tie strap pulled off... very weird, so the had it shipped from Cape Town, repaired it, and shipped it back... zero cost to me. Proper customer service!
    2015 VW Amarok 4motion Auto
    2011 Conqueror Companion

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to BobMabena For This Useful Post:


  8. #26
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Himeville
    Age
    42
    Posts
    74
    Thanked: 9

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildkyker View Post
    Ok so I started with some mods to my Commander.

    Firstly I am figuring out the wiring and bringing in fuses, from solar, altenator and second battery to the Dc-Dc charger. No fuses? I cant understand why.
    I wired a 220V feed into the fridge slide conpartment
    Fixed the gas line permanently to the stove.
    Wash up rack, and sprayed the weather plug black to match the 220v input plug.

    More to come
    Wont placing the dish drying rack there affect the side wall of the tent not being able to close properly?
    2004 Td5 Defender 110
    2006 V8 Discovery 3

  9. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hillrise, Kempton Park
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,057
    Thanked: 1495

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by jaysonvans View Post
    Wont placing the dish drying rack there affect the side wall of the tent not being able to close properly?
    Certainly would. It is dryer rack OR side awning, not AND
    Johan Maree
    Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    BMW R1200GS & GSA

  10. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Melkbosstrand
    Age
    45
    Posts
    809
    Thanked: 186

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JohanMaree View Post
    Certainly would. It is dryer rack OR side awning, not AND
    Any reason you didn't put it under the basins?
    I'm looking to do something similar, but it'll under.
    2015 VW Amarok 4motion Auto
    2011 Conqueror Companion

  11. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    38
    Posts
    564
    Thanked: 115

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Jason and Bob

    Yes the rack will be in the way, but I have never used sidewalls on tents before and not planning on the front tent, only on the shower.
    The reason for the side mount is that with the basins installed the rack support arm wont be able to mount. If I mount it higher there wont he space for plates to stand up in the rack.

    Working on a landing leg for the fridge slide, me think that a full fridge, full basins and rack must be heavy. And when empty it hangs already.
    Barry Enslin

    ONE LIFE!

  12. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    38
    Posts
    564
    Thanked: 115

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Been busy

    Mounted some bits in the nose cone.

    Installed a rack in the rear left compartment to be used for pots and pans as well as basin storage. Neatly lined with foam on top and bottom.

    Busy with the lock exhange. Not easy but do-able.
    Each one is different with fiddles and setup, but it works better than the allen lock.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200805-WA0000.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	33.9 KB 
ID:	583096   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200805-WA0012.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	36.8 KB 
ID:	583097   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200805-WA0015.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	33.7 KB 
ID:	583098   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200805-WA0018.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	42.1 KB 
ID:	583099   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200805-WA0005.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	583100   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200805-WA0007.jpg 
Views:	70 
Size:	23.9 KB 
ID:	583101   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200719_152535.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	150.0 KB 
ID:	583102   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200719_152528.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	207.6 KB 
ID:	583103  

    Last edited by Wildkyker; 2020/08/05 at 04:06 PM.
    Barry Enslin

    ONE LIFE!

  13. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pta
    Age
    42
    Posts
    480
    Thanked: 92

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildkyker View Post
    Working on a landing leg for the fridge slide, me think that a full fridge, full basins and rack must be heavy. And when empty it hangs already.
    is it the drawer unit itself that is sagging or does the weight of the drawer pull the caravan down when being pulled out?

  14. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pta
    Age
    42
    Posts
    480
    Thanked: 92

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildkyker View Post
    Busy with the lock exhange.
    I am curious as to why you would do this?

  15. #33
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hillrise, Kempton Park
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,057
    Thanked: 1495

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    The standard door lockers (Allen key) require a good torque (hence the +- 80mm lever) to close the doors tight against the rubber seals. This is for a good reason.

    IMHO any other type lock should be of similar strength otherwise it defeats the object. I would not tamper with them.
    Johan Maree
    Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    BMW R1200GS & GSA

  16. The Following User Says Thank You to JohanMaree For This Useful Post:


  17. #34
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    50
    Posts
    2,716
    Thanked: 3928

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Boesman88 View Post
    I am curious as to why you would do this?
    Jip, changing those latches would cause dust to enter the caravan
    _______________________________________
    Andrew van Staden
    With a mild case of "Camping Personality Disorder" or CPD

    I drive a five cylinder bakkie and tow an army inspired van.

  18. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Melkbosstrand
    Age
    45
    Posts
    809
    Thanked: 186

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildkyker View Post
    The reason for the side mount is that with the basins installed the rack support arm wont be able to mount. If I mount it higher there wont he space for plates to stand up in the rack.
    Excellent point... will need to make sure of this when I do mine...
    2015 VW Amarok 4motion Auto
    2011 Conqueror Companion

  19. #36
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hillrise, Kempton Park
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,057
    Thanked: 1495

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Boesman88 View Post
    is it the drawer unit itself that is sagging or does the weight of the drawer pull the caravan down when being pulled out?
    You are correct Boesman.

    I also made a leg. Then when I step out on the bathroom side the leg falls out . This made me install stabilisers on each front corner of the van and problem solved. No fridge/stove slider sagging anymore.

    That is why I always suggest one need to live with the van to assess the actual required modifications.
    Johan Maree
    Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    BMW R1200GS & GSA

  20. #37
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    64
    Posts
    4,299
    Thanked: 200

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JohanMaree View Post
    That is why I always suggest one need to live with the van to assess the actual required modifications.
    I so agree with this statement. We have a 2013 model Commander and after 7 years we still make modifications

    After it rained a few times in the beginning, we decided on a roof extension because the fridge and stove got wet. (We don't often use the side tent. Actually prefer not to). This works for us.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dak verlenging 01.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	117.0 KB 
ID:	583225   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dak verlenging 02.JPG 
Views:	66 
Size:	119.2 KB 
ID:	583226  
    "If you don't care where you are, you ain't lost"

  21. The Following User Says Thank You to Spook For This Useful Post:


  22. #38
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pta
    Age
    42
    Posts
    480
    Thanked: 92

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by JohanMaree View Post
    You are correct Boesman.

    I also made a leg. Then when I step out on the bathroom side the leg falls out . This made me install stabilisers on each front corner of the van and problem solved. No fridge/stove slider sagging anymore.

    That is why I always suggest one need to live with the van to assess the actual required modifications.
    yup, those stabalisers on the front corners transforms the van into a very stable platform with zero sag. It bolts straight onto the chassis using existing holes. no drilling or rust concerns. Very worth while and cost effective mod
    Last edited by Boesman88; 2020/08/06 at 04:35 PM.

  23. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    38
    Posts
    564
    Thanked: 115

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Boesman88 View Post
    I am curious as to why you would do this?
    Hi Boesman.
    Die allenkey slotte werk met klein slotjies wat n irretasie is. Ek het dit nou vervang met n compression latch lock.

    Dit werk met n cam effek en trek die deur in die seel rubber vas waneer jy hom draai om te sluit. Hoe gaan dit nou ewe skielik stof inlaat? Dit trek die deur vas en jy kan hom stywer stel as dit moet. Die nuwe modelle kom dan uit daarmee?

    Spook dis n blink plan daardie skuins seil.

    Met betreking tot die yskas slide. Ek dink bloot die gewig van als op die slide laat hom hang soos wat die las en die steunpunt verder uitmekaar skuif.

    Kan ek vra hoe maak julle net die drade van die yskas, myne het tussen die bearings van die slide beland en ek weet nie waar om hulle vas te maak nie. Laat ek bietjie idees hoor.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20200806_120449.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	283.4 KB 
ID:	583252   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG-20200806-WA0004.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	38.5 KB 
ID:	583253  
    Last edited by Wildkyker; 2020/08/06 at 04:45 PM.
    Barry Enslin

    ONE LIFE!

  24. The Following User Says Thank You to Wildkyker For This Useful Post:


  25. #40
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Pta
    Age
    42
    Posts
    480
    Thanked: 92

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildkyker View Post
    Hi Boesman.
    Die allenkey slotte werk met klein slotjies wat n irretasie is. Ek het dit nou vervang met n compression latch lock.

    Dit werk met n cam effek en trek die deur in die seel rubber vas waneer jy hom draai om te sluit. Hoe gaan dit nou ewe skielik stof inlaat? Dit trek die deur vas en jy kan hom stywer stel as dit moet. Die nuwe modelle kom dan uit daarmee?
    Ek het jou aanvanklike post verkeerd verstaan - ek sien jy het ‘n ouer model wa (split deur) - ek is nie bekend met die allenkey tipe slotte nie - ek was onder die indruk jy het dit as die nuwe slotte in gesit. Vra omverskoning. My wa (2016) het met die swart kompressie slotte uit gekom, werk soos ‘n droom en seel goed. Ek ervaar wel dat die silinder slotte hier en daar los kom en uit trek saam met die sleutel. Nie n groot krises nie, dit druk weer vinnig terug. Goeie upgrade, lyk sommer goed in jou fotos

    oor die yskas slide - weet nie of die meganisme anders is nie maar ek vind daar is geen ‘sag’ op my uittrek laai nie selfs met n volgelaaide yskas.
    Last edited by Boesman88; 2020/08/06 at 09:08 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •