Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 144

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cape town
    Age
    40
    Posts
    318
    Thanked: 132

    Default Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Hi guys,

    I thought i would create a mods thread for the Commander as i know there is one for the Companion but nothing specific for the Commander.

    So let me start

    1. First Mod i did was a simple one, installed 2 cargo nets into the side panels as you enter the door, was a quick R200 mod and i use it to keep my kesy and wallet etc

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17f4e1a8-5f30-4769-bc7c-fb1241a45d7f.jpg 
Views:	521 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	484506Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dffdfc6a-5c8b-4ff6-a94e-421f3070f7ef.jpg 
Views:	558 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	484507

    2. Second one was a TV for my kids for the Winter Camps, we actually camp a lot in Winter and need an option to keep them entertained if it buckets down. The TV was just over R1000 and the bracket was R750 as its completely removable and swivels on 3 axis. While installing the TV, we added a 220V multiplug into the cupboard where it is sotred when not in use next to the bracket, all told just over R2000 invested....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cc1b7e7d-55b5-40dc-8002-9704e30b4e6a.jpg 
Views:	604 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	484508Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deff9d32-493c-46a2-8258-0b5435b7f5d0.jpg 
Views:	657 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	484509

    3. Third mod was my most expensive and ambitious, installed a Roof Mounted Dometic Aircon, which meant i needed to mod the roof to open Horizontally as the AirCon cant operate at an angle. All work was done by Conquer WC and cost was close on a lot , however worth every cent in my eyes, as it keeps us cool in the ridiculous summer heat during the Cederberg nights, while keeping the kids warm in the caravan during those cold mid winter nights. We now do not have a camping season, we camp comfortably all year around.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof1.jpg 
Views:	909 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	484510Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof2.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	484511Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon.jpg 
Views:	634 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	484512Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon2.jpg 
Views:	563 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	484513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon3.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	160.9 KB 
ID:	484514Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon4.jpg 
Views:	472 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	484515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon5.jpg 
Views:	595 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	484516


    These mods are outside the normal ones that you can do via the dealership like stabiliser legs etc.

    Let us know what you have done to your Commander, we know all campers love to steal with our eyes
    Last edited by Acydebyte; 2018/04/09 at 12:06 PM.
    2017 Land Rover Discovery Si6 HSE
    2016 BMW i3 Rex (94ah)
    2019 Conqueror Companion

    Facebook - @ilovecampingsa
    Instagram - @ilovecampingsa
    YouTube - @iloveampingsa
    Member of Western Cape Off-road Camping Club

  2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acydebyte For This Useful Post:


  3. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cape town
    Age
    40
    Posts
    318
    Thanked: 132

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Oh yes, also had an adjustable pole made, which i use when i put on the nose cone side kitchen wall, i use the pole to adjust the tension on the 2 poles that keep the wall upright, dont have a photo of it though.
    2017 Land Rover Discovery Si6 HSE
    2016 BMW i3 Rex (94ah)
    2019 Conqueror Companion

    Facebook - @ilovecampingsa
    Instagram - @ilovecampingsa
    YouTube - @iloveampingsa
    Member of Western Cape Off-road Camping Club

  4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Acydebyte For This Useful Post:


  5. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    44
    Posts
    134
    Thanked: 12

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Can the TV operate off 12V as well? looking at this option on my Companion
    2015 Ford 3.2 4x4 Auto
    2012 Conqueror Companion

  6. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cape town
    Age
    40
    Posts
    318
    Thanked: 132

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Can the TV operate off 12V as well? looking at this option on my Companion
    Nope, just 220V running it off 12V would need an inverter and extra batteries
    2017 Land Rover Discovery Si6 HSE
    2016 BMW i3 Rex (94ah)
    2019 Conqueror Companion

    Facebook - @ilovecampingsa
    Instagram - @ilovecampingsa
    YouTube - @iloveampingsa
    Member of Western Cape Off-road Camping Club

  7. The Following User Says Thank You to Acydebyte For This Useful Post:


  8. #5
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Edenvale, 1610
    Age
    67
    Posts
    210
    Thanked: 144

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Acydebyte View Post
    Nope, just 220V running it off 12V would need an inverter and extra batteries
    I am sure 12V TV's are available.
    Toyota Hilux 4x4 4 Litre
    Conquerer Courage
    KTM 690 Enduro R

  9. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cape town
    Age
    40
    Posts
    318
    Thanked: 132

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Yip, i believe you can get them but at R1000 this TV was at the right price, i imagine a 12V TV would be much more expensive and honestly its only used in the very middle of winter when the kids really cant play outside.....
    2017 Land Rover Discovery Si6 HSE
    2016 BMW i3 Rex (94ah)
    2019 Conqueror Companion

    Facebook - @ilovecampingsa
    Instagram - @ilovecampingsa
    YouTube - @iloveampingsa
    Member of Western Cape Off-road Camping Club

  10. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Bellville
    Age
    41
    Posts
    181
    Thanked: 22

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Some mods on my 2007 Commander:
    Bought with:
    1. 9000 BTU Inverter Aircon - considering moving the indoor unit to the middle in front of the back cabinet. Weight will be a huge issue.
    2.

    Mods I made:
    1. Spare wheel bracket
    2. Tap for washing
    3. Upgraded shocks & coils
    4. Dish drying rack
    5. Removable Ewiks
    6. Replaced the table under the rear bed with a flat Aluminium build thing so that table can stay outside and still can use the double bed.
    7. Alububble under front bed and in scullery door (next will be on the roof)

    Have some more ideas up my sleeve, need to get time to do it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	4.jpg 
Views:	559 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	484654   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Kraan 2.jpg 
Views:	546 
Size:	59.6 KB 
ID:	484655   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Rak_1.jpg 
Views:	600 
Size:	85.3 KB 
ID:	484656   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Spaar wiel 1.jpg 
Views:	559 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	484657   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	13.jpg 
Views:	551 
Size:	30.2 KB 
ID:	484658  

  11. The Following User Says Thank You to jaco_n For This Useful Post:

    CCP

  12. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    pretoria
    Age
    38
    Posts
    521
    Thanked: 82

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Clyde View Post
    Can the TV operate off 12V as well? looking at this option on my Companion
    the new tv in the Commander now runs of 12 volt with no inverter needed
    2020 Toyota Landcruiser 200 GX-R
    2018 Range rover sport
    2017 BMW M4

  13. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,489
    Thanked: 1016

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Bedside lights in the bedroom:

    Extra two 105aH:

    Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

  14. #10
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,489
    Thanked: 1016

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapiture View Post
    Bedside lights in the bedroom:

    Extra two 105aH:
    Extended the nosecone. This made a huge difference on our trip to Namibia:


    Install filtration on the breather pipes:


    Extra Spare-wheel on the nose for over borders. Still have one at the back.

    Novilon floors and table:

    Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Zapiture For This Useful Post:

    CCP

  16. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Secunda
    Age
    43
    Posts
    149
    Thanked: 11

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Zapiture View Post
    Bedside lights in the bedroom:

    Extra two 105aH:
    Where exactly did you fit the extra batteries?
    Hennie Grobler

    2008 Prado 4Lt V6 (120 series)
    2015 Nissan NV200 Combi
    2010 Jurgens Exclusive

  17. #12
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    54
    Posts
    1,489
    Thanked: 1016

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Groblehh View Post
    Where exactly did you fit the extra batteries?
    Just behind the two wheel arches:

    Zapiture,
    Discovery 4 Facelift 2015
    Defender D90 2.8 2003
    Conqueror Commander 2014

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zapiture For This Useful Post:


  19. #13
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    Centurion
    Age
    66
    Posts
    72
    Thanked: 0

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    I have Conqueror Commander 2007 totally upgraded.
    I am not getting younger but intend to use the commander for a few more years.
    Sometimes it is a battle when you have to set up or break down on your own.
    This is what I intend to do:
    1. Fit 360 square back and front awning from Bush Teck .
    - This will make setting up easy especially over front double bed where you must climb up to set the fly sheet.
    2. Use a pop up shower cubicle.
    3. Fit ewics caravan movers.
    4. Fit fixed shower head with fixed pipes.
    5. Fit fixed tap at wash basins.
    6. Fix taps at rear with wash up table.
    7. Now the one that I just dont know how to do.
    - Setting up the front double bed and breaking it down is heavy lifting when you get older.
    - I am looking at some or other system with either gas lifts or a winch
    has any body done this.
    We never take a wrong decision on purpose - at the time we think it is the right one.
    - 2004 Disco 2 TD 5
    - Conqueror Commander 2007
    - 2011 Fortuner d4d auto 4x4 - Sold
    - 1996 Defender 300tdi hardtop on genuine 97000 km - Sold
    - 1990 Syncro V6 3.4 with Dictator management - Sold
    - 2001 Toyota 2.7 4 x 4 now 0n 435000 engine redone on 430000 ( Now my sons)
    - 2003 MB 180 Kompressor now on 196000 (Donated to scrap yard)
    - Echo 5 (Sold)
    - LML

  20. #14
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Germiston
    Posts
    58
    Thanked: 9

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Acydebyte View Post
    Hi guys,

    I thought i would create a mods thread for the Commander as i know there is one for the Companion but nothing specific for the Commander.

    So let me start

    1. First Mod i did was a simple one, installed 2 cargo nets into the side panels as you enter the door, was a quick R200 mod and i use it to keep my kesy and wallet etc

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	17f4e1a8-5f30-4769-bc7c-fb1241a45d7f.jpg 
Views:	521 
Size:	88.7 KB 
ID:	484506Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dffdfc6a-5c8b-4ff6-a94e-421f3070f7ef.jpg 
Views:	558 
Size:	96.2 KB 
ID:	484507

    2. Second one was a TV for my kids for the Winter Camps, we actually camp a lot in Winter and need an option to keep them entertained if it buckets down. The TV was just over R1000 and the bracket was R750 as its completely removable and swivels on 3 axis. While installing the TV, we added a 220V multiplug into the cupboard where it is sotred when not in use next to the bracket, all told just over R2000 invested....

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cc1b7e7d-55b5-40dc-8002-9704e30b4e6a.jpg 
Views:	604 
Size:	61.3 KB 
ID:	484508Click image for larger version. 

Name:	deff9d32-493c-46a2-8258-0b5435b7f5d0.jpg 
Views:	657 
Size:	70.3 KB 
ID:	484509

    3. Third mod was my most expensive and ambitious, installed a Roof Mounted Dometic Aircon, which meant i needed to mod the roof to open Horizontally as the AirCon cant operate at an angle. All work was done by Conquer WC and cost was close on a lot , however worth every cent in my eyes, as it keeps us cool in the ridiculous summer heat during the Cederberg nights, while keeping the kids warm in the caravan during those cold mid winter nights. We now do not have a camping season, we camp comfortably all year around.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof1.jpg 
Views:	909 
Size:	94.6 KB 
ID:	484510Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Roof2.jpg 
Views:	477 
Size:	92.4 KB 
ID:	484511Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon.jpg 
Views:	634 
Size:	180.1 KB 
ID:	484512Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon2.jpg 
Views:	563 
Size:	157.5 KB 
ID:	484513Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon3.jpg 
Views:	409 
Size:	160.9 KB 
ID:	484514Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon4.jpg 
Views:	472 
Size:	75.2 KB 
ID:	484515Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Aircon5.jpg 
Views:	595 
Size:	35.0 KB 
ID:	484516


    These mods are outside the normal ones that you can do via the dealership like stabiliser legs etc.

    Let us know what you have done to your Commander, we know all campers love to steal with our eyes
    How much weight did the aircon add to the roof?

  21. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hillrise, Kempton Park
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,347
    Thanked: 2075

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Ek het 'n groot stoornis (issue) met die Commander se balgewig en het die jockey na agter geskuif.

    Sal later meer inligting en modifikasies wys om die balgewig te verminder.
    Last edited by JohanMaree; 2019/05/21 at 01:51 PM.
    Johan Maree
    Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    Conqueror UEV-25

  22. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Himeville
    Age
    43
    Posts
    74
    Thanked: 9

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    I bought a 2009 Commander that was missing a few things from a "standard van". The Van is at Conqueror West rand now being made "whole again" but no major mods like you guys have done.

    1 thing I am having done is removing the older style battery charger and installing a smarter charger and also adding a solar regulator for when I eventually add solar panels.

    Being from KZN and there not being a dealer or agent down there, it made sense to me to have these things done now while in Jhb.

    Cant wait to take the van out again.
    2004 Td5 Defender 110
    2006 V8 Discovery 3

  23. #17
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    Rustenburg
    Age
    39
    Posts
    649
    Thanked: 151

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Dagse mense.
    Nuut in die Conqueror familie so ek wil graag meer hoor oor mods.
    Enige nuwe mods wat aangebring is? Deel bietjie.
    Barry Enslin

    ONE LIFE!

  24. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Pretoria
    Age
    58
    Posts
    169
    Thanked: 40

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Quote Originally Posted by Wildkyker View Post
    Dagse mense.
    Nuut in die Conqueror familie so ek wil graag meer hoor oor mods.
    Enige nuwe mods wat aangebring is? Deel bietjie.
    Hi Wildkyker, welkom man. Ek het self na 10 jaar se droom so maande terug eers die Conqueror familie ge join en 'n Commander gekoop. Wat vir my gewerk het tov jou vraag is die volgende. Ek het al die Conqueror posts op die forum deurgelees en al die fotos van verbeteringe wat ek van hou op my rekenaar afgelaai.
    Sterkte daar.
    I do not exist to impress the world. I exist to live my life in a way that will make me happy!

  25. #19
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hillrise, Kempton Park
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,347
    Thanked: 2075

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Redrill the hubs to match. 14 dia. Buy the bolts and press them from inside out. Done.
    Johan Maree
    Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    Conqueror UEV-25

  26. The Following User Says Thank You to JohanMaree For This Useful Post:


  27. #20
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Hillrise, Kempton Park
    Age
    66
    Posts
    2,347
    Thanked: 2075

    Default Re: Conqueror Commander Modifications Thread

    Ons 2012 Commander is beskikbaar vir R220k.
    Ek sÍ maar net.
    Johan Maree
    Isuzu 300 d-tec
    MB Gwagen G350 Bluetec
    Nissan NP300 2.4 4x4
    Conqueror UEV-25

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •