2nd night campsite Khwai area

Default 2nd night campsite Khwai area

Hi all,

This October we're going on our long awaited trip to Botswana.

At the moment we have 1 night at Khwai Northgate, the next at Dizhana, after which we'll go to Savuti. We preferred to stay 2 nights at Northgate, but the 2nd night is not available. We don't mind the bit of backtracking that has to be done because of staying at Dizhana.

However, other options have come up: both Mbudi and Magotho have availability as well. Now i'm wondering, should we change the 2nd night to either Mbudi or Magotho. What we like is to have a good gamedrive in the afternoon, if possible a short one in the morning as well before heading to Savuti.

I'm reading mixed reviews on Magotho, location being stunning, but those negative mainly because of big tour groups. So here goes:

- Can anyone share their recent experience at any of the above mentioned campsites?
    - Can we expect big groups at Magotho in October? (having no facilities is not an issue)
    - Has anyone been on the mokoro trip offered by Mbudi on the Khwai river? (we'd really like that)

Many thanks already!

Default Re: 2nd night campsite Khwai area

We were last October in Mogotlo.
    it was great.
    Campsites were not full
    There were some big parties but they were like 200 metres away.
    We had a campsite next to the "little "river but that also means there will be other cars passing your site
    At 8 o clock in the evening the game rangers came to our place to say we had to go in the car or tent there were 13 lions( with little ones ) heading our way.
    We sat for 2 hours in our car and watched them play along.
    After 2 hours they finally went away we quickly went into our tent.
    No dinner that night
    Next morning 3 wild dogs near our breakfast table ( it was only 4 seconds before they run away but again great )
    The campsite next to us was very close so you don t have a lot of privacy but I love the wildlife over there
    I think in high season it will be very busy over here but in oct it was good for us

Have a great time

That's awesome, Sylvia! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogen View Post
    Hi all,

This October we're going on our long awaited trip to Botswana.

At the moment we have 1 night at Khwai Northgate, the next at Dizhana, after which we'll go to Savuti. We preferred to stay 2 nights at Northgate, but the 2nd night is not available. We don't mind the bit of backtracking that has to be done because of staying at Dizhana.

However, other options have come up: both Mbudi and Magotho have availability as well. Now i'm wondering, should we change the 2nd night to either Mbudi or Magotho. What we like is to have a good gamedrive in the afternoon, if possible a short one in the morning as well before heading to Savuti.

I'm reading mixed reviews on Magotho, location being stunning, but those negative mainly because of big tour groups. So here goes:

- Can anyone share their recent experience at any of the above mentioned campsites?
    - Can we expect big groups at Magotho in October? (having no facilities is not an issue)
    - Has anyone been on the mokoro trip offered by Mbudi on the Khwai river? (we'd really like that)

Many thanks already!
    Magotho is the best option,with a lot of game

Mr T
    Leisure & Travelling agency
    We suggest itineraries & handle the below bookings:
    > Lodge bookings into the Okavango delta > Private & Public campsites > Safari & Game drive activities
    > 4x4 vehicle hire > Park entry permits > Mokoro trips > Boat cruise >Scenic flights over the Okavango Delta & air transfers
    [email protected]
    Email:[email protected]
    Cell: +267 73366178