Land Cruiser dream CT to Scotland

Default Land Cruiser dream CT to Scotland

Greetings all. NEW on here. Have been a proud owner of a Prado, a Land Cruiser VX and a Land Rover Discovery (which did not last long in the desert) ... retiring in less than 25 days and have taken the plunge and bought my dream car - T LC SC 4.9 diesel . The Bucket List is to drive from Cape Town to Scotland. if I only reach Uganda then please wake me up as I have no doubt the dream will have been Pleasant. Look forward to plenty of advice and much chat since I am feeling slightly .... Never too old to learn!

2. The Following User Says Thank You to Nickeld For This Useful Post:

Default Re: Land Cruiser dream CT to Scotland

Good luck on the incredible journey ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by Nickeld View Post
    Greetings all. NEW on here. Have been a proud owner of a Prado, a Land Cruiser VX and a Land Rover Discovery (which did not last long in the desert) ... retiring in less than 25 days and have taken the plunge and bought my dream car - T LC SC 4.9 diesel . The Bucket List is to drive from Cape Town to Scotland. if I only reach Uganda then please wake me up as I have no doubt the dream will have been Pleasant. Look forward to plenty of advice and much chat since I am feeling slightly .... Never too old to learn!
    It all starts with a dream... Painting it, is the real fun part...

The 79 SC you bought, it that the 4.2 non Turbo or the 4.5 V8 turbo?
    Patrol TB48
    Patrol TD42T
    Ex-4x4-partners:
    105 Cruiser
    80 Cruiser
    60 Cruiser
    Tdi Defender
    2.8D Hilux

http://4x4africa.co.za/

Hi Kiri - 4.2 D - Non turbo .... Stayed clear of Turbo & V8 due to fuel issues up North & consumption - I prefer reliability to speed (I have time!!) and no need to tow anything

Hi Nick, you are in for the adventure of your life! Plan and research carefully but remain flexible. Do not overload, much of the nice-to-haves (as opposed to the must-haves) can be left at home.
    Use this forum as your sounding board. There are many helpful members who have done similar trips.
    Landcruiser 76SW.

“Great journeys are memorable not so much for what you saw, but for where you camped”.

At least "Once a year go someplace you have never been before" Delai Lama.

Trans East Africa 2015/2016 Trip report http://www.4x4community.co.za/forum/...e16?highlight= from post 315.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Stan Weakley For This Useful Post: