Off road teardrop trailers - Page 3





Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Results 41 to 55 of 55
  1. #41
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    Lanseria
    Age
    54
    Posts
    170

    Default Re: Off road teardrop trailers

    Quote Originally Posted by damdan View Post
    i cannot think that anybody in sa will be able to build something like this on this level.
    And its such a pity.

    wow!

  2. #42
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Jeffrey's Bay
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,764

    Default Re: Off road teardrop trailers

    Quote Originally Posted by Tom13 View Post
    That sounds like the Gypsey Lite Impi.

    www.campworld.co.za/caravans/gypsey/gypsey-lite-impi
    Very nice option actually, until I saw the price. R169,900....ouch. I'm really out of touch with regards to caravan prices.

    Back on topic, I've always wanted a tear-drop type caravan. I've looked at a few manufacturers, but I've actually started wondering about building my own. Someone in town did this, and I might just go and look him up to see what he did.

    On my wishlist would be something like the [email protected] 320 Offroad from Germany. Slightly longer, wider and higher than the small teardrop trailers, but still under 700kg.

    Name:  offroad1.jpg
Views: 1339
Size:  388.6 KB
    Anton



    "At the end of the game, the King and the pawn go back into the same box." - Italian Proverb
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it." - Ansel Adams

  3. #43
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Stellenbosch
    Age
    64
    Posts
    3,693

    Default Re: Off road teardrop trailers

    Thx avk.
    My turn to say wow.
    If you live each day as if it was your last, someday you'll most certainly be right. SJ

  4. #44
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    60
    Posts
    505

    Default Re: Off road teardrop trailers

    Quote Originally Posted by Beast777 View Post
    wow!
    Damn that’s nice.

  5. #45
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    55
    Posts
    4,805

    Default Re: Off road teardrop trailers

    Just returned from a 3400km round trip to Afrikaburn towing the Jetstream and after some extended gravel driving found that the kitchen area sucks dust like a hoover - on closer inspection I found an eight inch gap where the rubber seal was not making contact, other than that it tows like a dream - extremely stable at 130!!
    FJC - Just Cruising

  6. #46
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    60
    Posts
    505

    Default Re: Off road teardrop trailers

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    Just returned from a 3400km round trip to Afrikaburn towing the Jetstream and after some extended gravel driving found that the kitchen area sucks dust like a hoover - on closer inspection I found an eight inch gap where the rubber seal was not making contact, other than that it tows like a dream - extremely stable at 130!!
    And how was Afrikaburn?

    We are considering it for next year.

    Any tips you can give us for the festival?

  7. #47
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Durban
    Age
    55
    Posts
    4,805

    Default Re: Off road teardrop trailers

    Quote Originally Posted by Markus and Zelda View Post
    And how was Afrikaburn?

    We are considering it for next year.

    Any tips you can give us for the festival?
    Fantastic, but you have to go with an open mind
    Tips, where do I start.........its NOT a music festival, the ONLY thing you can buy there is ice, you WILL see people on drugs, you have to take all food and water in and all rubbish(including braai ash) out, the toilets get pretty ugly, especially for woman (you are basically crapping in a 1000l flow bin) the artwork great and the burns are insane, the R355 WILL shred tyres if you drive like a clown, the wind(and dust) can move tents..................
    FJC - Just Cruising

  8. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    The Wall
    Age
    51
    Posts
    4,700

    Default Re: Off road teardrop trailers

    Quote Originally Posted by dirtshark View Post
    Fantastic, but you have to go with an open mind
    Tips, where do I start.........its NOT a music festival, the ONLY thing you can buy there is ice, you WILL see people on drugs, you have to take all food and water in and all rubbish(including braai ash) out, the toilets get pretty ugly, especially for woman (you are basically crapping in a 1000l flow bin) the artwork great and the burns are insane, the R355 WILL shred tyres if you drive like a clown, the wind(and dust) can move tents..................
    And you will see more goddess like women than anywhere else...
    Never attribute to malice that which is adequately explained by stupidity.




  9. #49
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boksburg
    Age
    54
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Off road teardrop trailers

    Off road teardrops are cute. I am currently busy finishing the mold for the composite (epoxy GRP, structural core) Moby1 XTR ... ups, shell we call it "Generic1 XTR". Will start posting the build in few months. Have a look at the drawing; also the roof and the hatch mold.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Camper assembly 2.png 
Views:	266 
Size:	2.65 MB 
ID:	491491Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2112.jpg 
Views:	244 
Size:	144.7 KB 
ID:	491489Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2111.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	179.9 KB 
ID:	491490

  10. #50
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Boksburg
    Age
    54
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Off road teardrop trailers

    Quote Originally Posted by Damdan View Post
    I cannot think that anybody in SA will be able to build something like this on this level.
    And its such a pity.
    Agree. It's mostly about making a quick buck building armored personnel carriers. I own one.

  11. #51
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Patensie
    Age
    56
    Posts
    1,330

    Default Re: Off road teardrop trailers

    Google Vagabond trailers. R130 000

  12. #52
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Cape Town
    Age
    38
    Posts
    31

    Default Re: Off road teardrop trailers

    These also look promising:

    https://www.roadtrippertrailers.com/

    They also have a facebook page with more pictures.
    Etienne
    2010 Fortuner 4.0 V6 4x4
    Sold: 2000 Hilux 2700i 4x4

  13. #53
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Location
    Joburg
    Age
    43
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Off road teardrop trailers

    Quote Originally Posted by Houkswyn View Post
    These also look promising:

    https://www.roadtrippertrailers.com/

    They also have a facebook page with more pictures.
    We went this route, Oom Chris is an absolute Legend and a Gentleman. Him and his team turned our ideas into reality. Will try to post some pics of our setup a little later...

  14. #54
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Alberton
    Age
    58
    Posts
    6,054

    Default Re: Off road teardrop trailers

    Quote Originally Posted by Killabeez View Post
    We went this route, Oom Chris is an absolute Legend and a Gentleman. Him and his team turned our ideas into reality. Will try to post some pics of our setup a little later...
    Please do
    Lusted for a Landy but the Pajero was sexier and bigger in the right departments, just like my Missus.

    2004 Gen 3. 3.8i petrol V6 (PAJTU)
    X Factor Bundutop trailer (designed by me)
    1998 Blister Fender Pajero 3500 24V (PAJ) (Sold)
    BMW R1200R

  15. #55
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Jeffrey's Bay
    Age
    38
    Posts
    1,764

    Default Re: Off road teardrop trailers

    Quote Originally Posted by Killabeez View Post
    We went this route, Oom Chris is an absolute Legend and a Gentleman. Him and his team turned our ideas into reality. Will try to post some pics of our setup a little later...
    Will definately be interested to see the pics!
    Anton



    "At the end of the game, the King and the pawn go back into the same box." - Italian Proverb
    "The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it." - Ansel Adams

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •