Ramsgate to ladybrand

Default Ramsgate to ladybrand

Hi guys , I need to get some info , we are going to the bike fest in Margate at the end of the month long weekend , Our plan is to ride down by bike and so far we are going to go via Lesotho to Margate and then to our accommodation in Ramsgate . Plan is to leave early friday morning , ride down to FOuriesburg , and have breakfast at the hotel , then cross the border at Calidonspoort and via the mountain passes go to Sani top , then down Sanipass and Himeville / under berg . I t was suggested to pit stop here , but unless we can find ok accommodation , we mite just push on to Margate only a 2 hr ride .
    I have this craze idea to then leave on monday and head home via the lower part of Leshoto/ top part of Transkei ( easterncape ) towards hobhouse / ladybrand . maybe pit-stop in Fiksburg , and then the last bit home on Tuesday . What i would like to Know is , is the road tar or dirt from Kokstad to Hobhouse , or can you sugest a route to follow ? dont mind a bit of dirt , but tar makes for faster travel .
    If this is not a cool idea then we will have to back track or just ues the main road home , but we not keen to do this .
    05 TJ SAHARA
    08 3.8 JK ULTD RUBICON

Default Re: Ramsgate to ladybrand

Hi Deon

T4A January news letter had a similar route. I will be going down next Wednesday going down to Castleburn resort for a week and then down to Margate.
    The route is from JHB to Ladybrand first night then down to Rhodes second night. down to Underberg. some roads are gravel.
    the road from Underberg to Port Shepstone via Kokstad is tar.
    I am thinking of doing the Sani Pass route next years visit. You can stay at the top of Sani Pass before going down, or Himeville Arms stayed there a while back.
    Has been renovated lately.
    Hyundia Terracan 2.9 CRD Sold.
    Swambo's 2013 Landy Disco4 SDV6 SE
    New Hyundia I20 Auto run around
    2016 Jurgens Xplorer

GORDY , possible to post a link to the newsletter or could you maybe mail it to me or pm me the letter ? would like to read the suggestions on the route . As the the Himeville arms , Read a report on the hotel that said it was an old dump and expensive . Any member with info on the hotel?
    05 TJ SAHARA
    08 3.8 JK ULTD RUBICON

A suggestion, rather than going over Kokstad from Underberg, rather take R612 to Highflats, then turn right via St Faiths to Port Shepstone
    What a life!